Salvick

BattleEye Patch: Let's let the witch-hunt begin! ...no, not really, please don't.

So, we are having great news today with the announcement of BattleEye patch deployment and personally I can't wait to see the outcome of this, its going to be a huge bump on population but what actually concerns me is the bump of toxicity or drama that this could also raise up now.

So I'd like to open a debate here beforehand so we can comment our thoughts about the allegedly  cheaters and the confirmed blatant ones that will be returning to the game.

I really don't think that this is a moment for us to revenge on them cheaters by creating a hell for them when they return, pretty sure many of them will consider changing their name and hide the footprint but I know this community since long enough to positively confirm that the bullying and toxicity that some times the people have can do a mess over the whole gaming experience for everyone around.

Also, people with some influence or relevant presence in the game can easily lean the perception of something by pushing other players who are not sure of their standing regarding a particular issue to finally step on their side, which only helps to fuel the drama when it comes to it.

This is why I think that this is the right moment to anticipate this and be prepared to handle OUR community ourselves when we are ingame by contributing with the positive atmosphere that L.O. has created around us since their arrival, I would like to say that if we start bashing against the cheaters, lot of people who Matt Scott confirmed weren't rightfully banned will be victims of harassment and bullying, at the same time that the people we know they were indeed using cheats will get cover behind this to make the rest of us look like fools who can't tell who cheats and who doesn't.

But the most important thing I think we should be aware of is that if someone cheated in the past, although we are still the same community there's a new management in the game, so this fresh start is a process of building the mutual trust we both the company and the players need to look forward and grow better than ever as same as a huge chance to heal a lot of damage this game had to suffer, if we use this "second chance" the cheaters have as an excuse to feel entitled to insult them, humiliate them and create drama, we'll be opening the APB Pandora box letting the poison start to drip over this river of clean water, I think they already got a deserved punishment, I think we are like some sort of civilians or spectators here, and going against those who will return would be like going also against the decision the company made which is the only gravitation point we have to believe in the future of APB and give our best to enjoy a video game that is just that, a virtual environment to play and have fun, is not a competition or a life or death battle.

So, beyond the lots of fun we all will get fighting real solid gold players and washing the fake gold plated paint over the real silvers, this is just a game and we are supposed to just play and have fun, the game management take the decisions and the community expresses their opinions, nothing else. Please make a comment here to tell everyone what are your thoughts about all this.

Regards,

Sal.

Edited by Salvick
Tittle.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Good commentary.... thank you.

I have been curious as to how one selects an appropriate acount to login "as",

if that particular individual has more than...... let's say 53 accounts from rerolls.

Hmmmm    ???

I for one will wellcome all of them back with open arms. Lets have fun guys and enjoy a new era for our beloved APB.

The rest i leave in the capable hands of LO and BE.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KurtKlops said:

I for one will wellcome all of them back with open arms. Lets have fun guys and enjoy a new era for our beloved APB.

Same, game needs all the players it can get.

1 minute ago, KurtKlops said:

+1

Rack 'em & Burn 'em......

Right behind ya brother....

8 minutes ago, Westford said:

Good commentary.... thank you.

I have been curious as to how one selects an appropriate acount to login "as",

if that particular individual has more than...... let's say 53 accounts from rerolls.

Hmmmm    ???

I have 800+ banned accounts under my IP potentially. I still only have one "main" account which is my current forum account. It takes a few hours to find some of my other non-throwaway accounts and regain email and G1 access to them. Fun stuff....

Just now, TehBlizzy said:

I have 800+ banned accounts under my IP potentially. I still only have one "main" account which is my current forum account. It takes a few hours to find some of my other non-throwaway accounts and regain email and G1 access to them. Fun stuff....

Good God.......  

I bow down to your level of patience and tenacity.

May we all come out of these challenging times with the foresight to escape possible future persecutions.

42 minutes ago, Salvick said:

So, we are having great news today with the announcement of BattleEye patch deployment and personally I can't wait to see the outcome of this, its going to be a huge bump on population but what actually concerns me is the bump of toxicity or drama that this could also raise up now.

Watch hundreds of unbanned players roaming through the districts to farm money and wait for the weapon prices in the social to rocket through the roof. 

I for one am happy, since you play often again and again the same enemy team these days, but I wonder if a huge number of players coming in may affect the servers / result in server issue? 

Edited by Mazikeen90

I'm fine with people coming back. What I'm not fine is with the amount of toxicity they're going to bring with the constant "SEE? I TOLD YOU I WAS FALSE BANNED. YOU'RE ALL JUST TRASH. blah blah blah"

• Like 1

Also, not to speak on LO's behalf, but:

There will be teething troubles. There will be bugs and issues that will probably arise with the introduction of BattleEye. It's LO's first patch, and one that probably had a lot of fresh faces working on APB's spaghetti code to make it work. When something goes wrong - and it inevitably will, since this is APB we're talking about - don't be so fast to declare LO the worst company ever, things were better before they came along, all that hyperbole that always comes to the fore whenever any change is made to the game. Constructive criticism and bug reports are what's needed, not "the end is nigh" defeatism when something breaks.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

I'm fine with people coming back. What I'm not fine is with the amount of toxicity they're going to bring with the constant "SEE? I TOLD YOU I WAS FALSE BANNED. YOU'RE ALL JUST TRASH. blah blah blah"

This. It's going to be a massive headache. I mean sure they can play legit after being unbanned and BE implemented but if they play less than half as good as before then sure they can keep telling us they were false banned. Will just give me a giggle for the day.

Edited by Guppiez

3 minutes ago, Guppiez said:

This. It's going to be a massive headache. I mean sure they can play legit after being unbanned and BE implemented but if they play less than half as good as before then sure they can keep telling us they were false banned. Will just give me a giggle for the day.

^^ 

There's going to be a lot of certain individuals and clans who are going to be a lot less "Amazing" at the game. Still gonna have some who are genuinely good, but not all of em'.

• Like 1

Very well spoken, Salvick.

The community has been divided for far too long thanks to the unusual activities brought on by GamersFirst's use of FairFight. The biggest issue I think was the naming and shaming the administrative staff of G1 incurred during what I would refer to APB's dark age. Now that Little Orbit has taken over, the public shaming was announced to be removed, but that hasn't put to rest the names on the FFbans page. What I feel, and hope, is that everyone will take a mature approach to this action brought on by Little Orbit, and everyone respects the decision to allow these layers back. Treat all like old friends returning, and not the cheaters they were made out to be. I understand this may be hard for some, but from what I've seen there are a few people that have admitted their guilt in cheating and have publicly apologized for their behavior. If they have the courage to announce this when they could have remained anonymous then I say they do deserve a second chance. The slate is being wiped clean with a true method of finding those real cheaters. Should those that were unbanned find themselves without their account once more then that will be their punishment, and returning to hack will be met with swift justice to follow with the implementation of Battle Eye in conjunction with a properly operating FairFight. Lets all consider this a new chapter in APB's story and cooperate to improve the game. We may have contributed to the poisoning of the game, but let us, the community, be part of the cure moving forward.

Here's to new beginnings!

Honestly I find that watching "godlike" player missing every single shot is the biggest satisfaction I want.

No need to bully them in PM or make fun of them in district chat, a giggle when he can't hit you for shit is more than enough LOL

Edited by DouglasFalcon
"GODLIKE"
  • Like 1

I would like to assure everyone that I'm not a hacker, and simply a senile old man.

• Like 1

Considering FF has banned people unfairly according to Matt Scott, I wouldn't really mention it without knowing the person was obviously cheating in the past.

Not only that, but everyone deserves a second chance in my eyes, those who actually cheated have hopefully realized how detrimental cheating is to a game. 
What I am looking forward to is how the godlike players right now who are blatantly cheating suddenly become much worse. :classic_tongue:

• Like 2

I will personally look at them with nostalgia. They will remind me of good ol' days and fortunately bad memories tend to get replaced by the good ones so yeah this gonna be like time machine for me. Already saw some old names in game (not saying they were unbanned) and it felt like 2013.

what are the bets for how long we go before the first false BE ban thread?

im gonna say 32 hours

You are being generous, I say 12hs 😛 But probably we wont see these, I think forum mods will handle it well since it is in the rules that we are not allowed to talk about bans here, so, I think we are safe.

And I like your signature! 😉

8 minutes ago, Salvick said:

You are being generous, I say 12hs 😛 But probably we wont see these, I think forum mods will handle it well since it is in the rules that we are not allowed to talk about bans here, so, I think we are safe.

And I like your signature! 😉

oh good call we actually have competent forum mods now

ok so how long until the "why isnt X player banned yet" threads

i give it a week for those

1 hour ago, Puffdragon said:

I would like to assure everyone that I'm not a hacker, and simply a senile old man.

I would very much like to vouch for this gentleman.....

I know 1st hand, the level of his brevity......

There may be a bit of "drool", from the corners of his mouth....... but this is APB ...

.......... I am inclined to believe him ......

1 hour ago, Puffdragon said:

??? What is it with you and constantly trying to bring attention to this? No one cares that you were banned in the first place, nor will anyone care that you are unbanned.

Is there a way I can ignore someone on here so I don't have to see their posts?

4 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

??? What is it with you and constantly trying to bring attention to this? No one cares that you were banned in the first place, nor will anyone care that you are unbanned.

51182933ac79c7f38d2a0f0277252305.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

Yes. 

You can stop using the forums while you wait for your salt levels to decrease. 

Or you can stay, and try and have a little fun maybe?

edit: Damnit VSB! Is this revenge for telling that guy about the unbans?

Edited by CookiePuss