ShaiShai

P5 / N5 system needs to be improved or removed

P5 / N5 system needs to be improved or removed  

52 members have voted

1. 1. improved or remove or keep broken as is err i mean the same.....

• Remove
    • Improve (add a post on how you would improve it)
    • Keep the same (for thoes that think i said Agree with me or Agree with me) (main reason i said improve is becasue the criminal version is broken, but no lets just keep it broken as is)

I think that the system needs to be improved , its annoying to get killed by a friendly P5 / N5

they should make it where that if you kill a allied p5 / n5, you lose about $100k as well as what it does now

at worst, just remove it completely would work too

Edited by ShaiShai

Removing the Notoriety/Prestige system is removing a core part of APB; I personally am opposed to it being removed, and would much prefer to see improvements made to it.

What are the big pain points of the current system?

• Players TKing to lose N5/P5
  • No way for Enforcers to bribe down
  • "Mission interference" AKA 
DXR7i2g.gif

These are really the three biggest issues, and unless I'm overlooking something obvious, every other problem stems from one of these.

The in-lore explanation of N5/P5 is that whoever reaches that level is so dangerous to the opposing faction that it becomes open season on them to literally anyone in the district; the TKing issue could ostensibly be hand-waved with the lore as well, given the notion that Enforcers are basically criminals with a badge, but I'm not 100% on board with that.

The system needs some looking at for sure, but should absolutely not go away.

• Like 5

N5/P5 is working fine as it is, no need to change.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

leave it to shaishai to create a poll and set it to 'u either agree with me or u agree with me'

lmao

10 minutes ago, Rat1oNRUs said:

only crying kids want it removed if you cant handle being bounty go play minecraft.

Or quickswitch

N5/P5 friendly fire should be reflected.

Actually, that sounds like too much work.

If u tk while N5/P5 u gEt BaNnEd fOrEvEr

1 hour ago, crusade said:

N5/P5 friendly fire should be reflected.

Actually, that sounds like too much work.

If u tk while N5/P5 u gEt BaNnEd fOrEvEr

God help us all if that's the case 🙄

Don't remove it - come one we've had those times facing "that guy" where the only way to knock them off their perch is to have like 10 people shooting at them.

Mission interference is annoying but it's needed.

My only edit is that people who TK N/P5s should turn into the Butcher - the whole server gets a bounty on them.

• Like 1

You can't just do improve/renew, you need to add a "keep the same" option. I've personally never had a problem with the n5/p5 system; I've always seen it as a balancing mechanic to give losing teams a slightly better chance at coming back. Like yeah, it's frustrating to be killed by someone random outside the team, but all b/c something is frustrating for the one affected, that doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be changed.

2 hours ago, Alani said:

leave it to shaishai to create a poll and set it to 'u either agree with me or u agree with me'

lmao

how is it agree with me? i asked a simple question, then stated why I think it should be changed, i nver said "this must be done...." so go head, say all u want , but your comment made no sence

3 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

why 100k

100k because maybe it would stop the people that are allied to you from killing you as p5 as they would lose money that they spent all that time playing the game on, if they dont do the money thing then , make it where you cant kill allies at all that are p5 / n5, but that would remove the team killing feature too, which is another issue imo but whatever

2 hours ago, Spy said:

N5/P5 is working fine as it is, no need to change.

ah working fine? so its ok for you for a enf to kill another enf to loose p5 and not get any kinda of penelity for it?

working fine..... haha

Remove it. It's objectively broken in its current state (Criminal faction is bugged, even), and fixing it won't ever happen because what's needed to fix it would never be accepted by the playerbase.

29 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

You can't just do improve/renew, you need to add a "keep the same" option. I've personally never had a problem with the n5/p5 system; I've always seen it as a balancing mechanic to give losing teams a slightly better chance at coming back. Like yeah, it's frustrating to be killed by someone random outside the team, but all b/c something is frustrating for the one affected, that doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be changed.

so the fact that the criminal version is broken when it says to go kill xxx and you do and get penetilized for it, is 100% ok with you,

ok, lets keep bugs in the game and not improve / fix them

Edited by ShaiShai

12 minutes ago, ShaiShai said:

100k because maybe it would stop the people that are allied to you from killing you as p5 as they would lose money that they spent all that time playing the game on, if they dont do the money thing then , make it where you cant kill allies at all that are p5 / n5, but that would remove the team killing feature too, which is another issue imo but whatever

what if a new player doesn't realize what they're shooting at and they lose all the money they earned? 

imagine a new criminal hearing that ramraiding is an easy way to make money. they waste 2hourd to collect a couple thousand, and then they accidentally or unknowingly shoot at an n5.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rat1oNRUs said:

only crying kids want it removed if you cant handle being bounty go play minecraft.

I was playing minecraft a couple days ago, its almost a different game, but still modded minecraft has way more content. And even with all that content, it is still a boring game.

31 minutes ago, ShaiShai said:

ah working fine? so its ok for you for a enf to kill another enf to loose p5 and not get any kinda of penelity for it?

He's is getting a penalty for it, he loses P5 and will make less money then when he had P5.

I opted for improving it, like most of others said above it is also an important part of APB, and can't be removed. but, if LO will remove it for make space to a new one i will be happy, in anyway.

If I could make two improvements to the Prestige system it would be:

• Make it so that in-mission bounties can't interact with players outside of the mission and vice versa.
  • Make it so that the levels reset after every mission, and you should only become bounty if you are seriously dominating your opponents

Little Orbit said in the past that this interferes with matches and that they would look into what changes can be made to benefit the game while dealing with its annoyances.

19 minutes ago, Signarly said:

He randomly picked it from a hat.

one might say a dart board.

11 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

I think that the system needs to be improved , its annoying to get killed by a friendly P5 / N5

they should make it where that if you kill a allied p5 / n5, you lose about $100k as well as what it does now

at worst, just remove it completely would work too

the N5/P5 is there to balance the game.

If one team is doing so well their members keep going N5/P5, anyone can happen along and kill them giving the other team a chance to complete the objective.  That is balance.  It maybe annoying, but that is one of the few things that creates balance in this game.

The only change I would like to see is how P5 enforcers lose 1 level of prestige if they kill a random enforcer.  If a P5 enforcer kills a random enforcer to lose their P5 status, this causes negative balance in a couple of ways.  The P5 loses their status and is able to stay in the mission area.  Any enforcer that fights back and kills the P5 actually loses all their prestige which is what the money bonus is based on.

Since the only way for an enforcer to regain their prestige is to play missions, the only smart choice is to just die to another enforcer which is probably interrupting your mission. 

• Like 2