MattScott

Cyrillic nick name change & Jericho/Citadel consolidation

I guess it will mean having a populated FC during the afternoons.

I miss LUST. Im sure there are many other names of famous people who have left apb a long time ago that I dont remember.

I agree that people who have not played the game for 3-5 years should lose their nicknames. All you do is mega cool. Love you Matt, LO. You give hope to players for whom this is not just a “game” 💘

Merged.

Thank you for wanting to rid us of the (Cyrillic, Latin, etc) in nicknames. Take care of clan names too. THX

13 hours ago, MattScott said:

Yes. World servers will be mirrored in multiple regions.

We haven’t nailed down specific locations for new Action Districts, but options are Los Angeles, New York, Moscow, Singapore, Rio. These Action District servers will be marked in the Advanced list by region, but will be available to all players to join.

Great news, looks like I'll return to play this game, but best thing is that if I move to Europe I'll still be able to use my main characters and all my stuff which was my biggest concern.

Anyways, will our inbox attachments survive to this or there is some risk to lose all these items and specially the symbols many of us hold in our mail inbox?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Great news, looks like I'll return to play this game, but best thing is that if I move to Europe I'll still be able to use my main characters and all my stuff which was my biggest concern.

Anyways, will our inbox attachments survive to this or there is some risk to lose all these items and specially the symbols many of us hold in our mail inbox?

Everything will be fine with the mail. This situation was only with Nekrova. Because there was something that we did not have. I survived the merger of Patriot and Obeya. And all that I had remained with me

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

Treating people poorly and not respecting their accounts is better?

When Little Orbit bought APB there were 2,000 people logging in.

That's because they want to play but wanted to see if it was updated finally or not.

How Little Orbit is handling the names will free up names of those who have not played in years and most likely will not come back without burning those who have played the past year.

That's good enough since ti does not favor one or the other but finds a good middle ground.

It is LO's right to do whatever they want as they own APB. In my previous WoW example, I do not expect Blizzard to cater to me, an inactive player who would probably never return and purchase any services from them ever again. I do not understand why players feel entitled to a name they did not care about in the first place. If I had a name that I cared about a lot, I would find the time or do whatever it took to retain that name. Players who do any less than this are making excuses.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ForumUser said:

It is LO's right to do whatever they want as they own APB

I already said that.

33 minutes ago, ForumUser said:

In my previous WoW example, I do not expect Blizzard to cater to me, an inactive player who would probably never return and purchase any services from them ever again.

Already said how APB players came back from Little Orbits ownership and are waiting for the upgrade. THEY ARE WAITING. not nonexistent , they already proved that when they came back to see if it was happening yet.

34 minutes ago, ForumUser said:

I do not understand why players feel entitled to a name they did not care about in the first place. If I had a name that I cared about a lot, I would find the time or do whatever it took to retain that name. Players who do any less than this are making excuses.

you will never understand anyone if you are that set to not listen to others to begin with. might want to unwind a bit

Awesome. Love playing against the EU dudes. Hopefully the ping will be a bit better as well.

14 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I already said that.

Already said how APB players came back from Little Orbits ownership and are waiting for the upgrade. THEY ARE WAITING. not nonexistent , they already proved that when they came back to see if it was happening yet.

you will never understand anyone if you are that set to not listen to others to begin with. might want to unwind a bit

If people are "waiting" for the engine upgrade then what is the harm in accumulating gameplay hours prior to a merge and engine upgrade to retain a name they care so much about? Players know that there will eventually be an engine upgrade. This is merely an excuse to not play the game.

The engine upgrade is not something that will magically retain those inactive players. The gameplay is not suddenly better after the engine upgrade, it will continue being the stale third person shooter where corner camping and nade spamming are prevalent. The most likely scenario for these types of players is that they will log in once and then never play APB ever again. The previous mergers are proof of this, Jericho & Colby and Obeya & Patriot. You have also proved my point that catering to inactives is not the way to go. Sure the inactives came back when LO was announced as the new publisher and developer, but they also went back into hiding shortly after. Do you really expect these players to play APB more than the players who are currently active?

Sorry for not understanding illogical perspectives that do not benefit 2/3 entities involved.

because people are playing other games that are more fun than current APB.

being a jerk to them will not help APB in the slightest.

Little Orbit is already handling it fairly.

15 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

because people are playing other games that are more fun than current APB.

being a jerk to them will not help APB in the slightest.

Little Orbit is already handling it fairly.

I am also doing the same. It does not stop me from playing the current APB. Players could also afk in social while they sleep or go afk if they wanted to get gameplay hours. You do not have to play the game to accumulate recent gameplay hours.

You call it being a jerk to them, I call it a benefit for the majority involved. LO gets money from the potential name changes and the active players get the names that they want. The only loss here is the old inactive veteran and that is assuming that they completely quit APB over a name. Catering to those who are currently the most active will help APB more than catering to those who are inactive.

Edited by ForumUser

16 hours ago, MattScott said:

This is how the Action Districts are hosted alongside the World Servers now, which limits where we can host them.

4FA31FE5-B895-4306-9FDB-4E0E2815319B.jpeg

This is how we can expand the locations of Action Districts after the merge (although we will have multiple district types and threat levels in each location).

F51F3309-6B06-4A54-A521-3FC25E2CC6BB.jpeg

So im from europe and if i play on financial is possible to match against people from the fkn melbourne?thats..

giphy.gif

(although we will have multiple district types and threat levels in each location)

oh ok but stll probably we will match against players from Peru or some sht from time to time..

p.s. even nort america and europe are enough to get thousands of players.Problem of apb is lack of content,bad matchmaking,never coming engine upgrade and bunch of other problems.Thats why ur servers are getting more and more empty.If u dont change that u can expand even to the fkn Himalayas-still servers will be empty

Edited by TheMessiah

god dammit yeah, phasing will be a real thing, thats amazing cannot wait to hav my chars for playing with everyen and district crossing MM.

personally one of th best news so far.

But there is surely one legit IMPORTANT question, Can people opt out specific district locations to prevent bad latency matchups?

14 hours ago, KNickz said:

i have KNickz on both NA and EU server how the hell am i going to keep it

i did it before and ill do it again lads we have to get together to name this server JOKER

Well if we are all in the same Server, San Paro would be the best and proper choice.

Edited by LilyV3

7 minutes ago, Ignas / qsn said:

If I will be forced to have a name change because of some inactive NA character from 2012, I'm yeeting out of APB.

That's not how it works, lmao.

5 hours ago, Zolerox said:

I'm slightly aroused.

go on......... :3

3 hours ago, Salvick said:

Yay hit me up we do missions for old times sake ❤️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ForumUser said:

I am also doing the same. It does not stop me from playing the current APB. Players could also afk in social while they sleep or go afk if they wanted to get gameplay hours. You do not have to play the game to accumulate recent gameplay hours.

You call it being a jerk to them, I call it a benefit for the majority involved. LO gets money from the potential name changes and the active players get the names that they want. The only loss here is the old inactive veteran and that is assuming that they completely quit APB over a name. Catering to those who are currently the most active will help APB more than catering to those who are inactive.

benefits APB by being a jerk and making people quit for being a jerk does not benefit APB.

also what you prefer does not  = what others have to do with their  lives.

they have toe right to play or not while waiting for an engine upgrade.

no one has the right to tell them otherwise , even if you sit afk and not playing it does not benefit APB you have not heard me say anything about it even though no one benefits from that.

people want matches and you are not providing them by being afk

finally time on game means nothing important

no idea why you think it matters when it doesn't mean anything other than bandwidth used for being afk

41 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

That's not how it works, lmao.

is it not? how does it? the last merges we had were exactly like this, the one with the older name get's it the other has to rename. Or will our chars now have some legacy addon from which they are?

@MattScott The problem of Identical solutions:
A reasonable solution to this problem, if a player has registered a nickname before he stays with him, other players who registered this nickname will later have the opportunity to see their nickname.

The more I read into it, the more I'm scared.

There are two issues: Name change and location

Why would more active player take over some less active but veteran player name? This got huge potential for litteraly name steal if it gonna be handled by auto like that.

And location are problematic too. I expect lagfest - and believe me, this is last thing we need to kill that game.

I'm not sure we going toward good change if this is gonna go as I expect to it.

Btw. brb gonna reserve my name on Jericho.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mitne said:

The more I read into it, the more I'm scared.

There are two issues: Name change and location

Why would more active player take over some less active but veteran player name? This got huge potential for litteraly name steal if it gonna be handled by auto like that.

And location are problematic too. I expect lagfest - and believe me, this is last thing we need to kill that game.

I'm not sure we going toward good change if this is gonna go as I expect to it.

well, the earlier char should keep the name, but if a char wasn't active since liek 2012 just rule out with an active one. that solves at least unused acounts issues.

40 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Id definitely start reserving names on the other servers you dont play on just in case, especially if you're a "someone" in the game.

I already got all mine reserved, do your worst LO haha

jk pls dont screw this up 😧

All throwaway accounts with no real game activity i.e. only idling in social on lowrank char or login once a year etc should get their name wiped. I mean if you want to keep that "OG" and "edgy" nickname straight outta dictionary.com buy a char slot and reserve it on your main account.

Oh damn, no more server in Frankfurt?

I'm gonna miss my ping of <10. :(

Edited by GhosT
anti-autoemoji measures

On 8/24/2019 at 5:06 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

During the coming weeks, we will be disabling special characters (Cyrillic, Latin, etc) in names and flagging all names that contain special characters for a forced change. 

This is to fix the /report and mail issues and to prep the upcoming Jericho and Citadel merge. The goal is to finally open all characters across all regions.

Hi Matt. You have done a great job of transferring, and now you are robbing us of our Cyrillic names instead of trying to solve the problems with report compatibility. I believe that this is a spit in the face of the whole Russian community, so personally, I would prefer to leave the game if you take my favorite nickname in Cyrillic from me. You reassure us at the beginning by leaving our names, but now I understand that you are on the eternal aggressive agenda of Europe against all Russians ((

Merged.

On 8/24/2019 at 5:06 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

During the coming weeks, we will be disabling special characters (Cyrillic, Latin, etc) in names and flagging all names that contain special characters for a forced change. 

We explored a number of ways to fix this without changing names, but in the end we are somewhat limited to the characters enabled across all our players’ keyboards. We need to do this to fix the /report & mail issues and to prep the upcoming Jericho and Citadel merge. The goal is to finally open all characters across all regions.

Hi Matt. You have done a great job of translating, and now you are robbing us of our Cyrillic names instead of trying to solve the problems with the compatibility of reports. My name in Russian is very dear to me and I don’t want you to take it away from me (Why don’t you just add the report button, as an example in this screenshot, so as not to offend anyone?

What in the end will even make the player’s report more convenient? https://ibb.co/FwSWMHH

• Like 1