MattScott

Cyrillic nick name change & Jericho/Citadel consolidation

just when you thought engine upgrade news will hit about whenits gonna be in OTW, bam server merge...i'm not that mad about this lol

A number of players have been expressing concerns about the server locations depicted in the maps, so I wanted to address this quickly.

The locations shown on the map were picked randomly for demonstration purposes, beyond that they don't have any particular meaning.

More details will be coming later on.

~@mayii

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I wonder also how the hell will servers work now. First player joining server set destination of server?

If yeah, then it will be horrible

If no... well I still see possible problems (Something like CoD had with their "dynamic hosts")

If I'll be forced to change my nick, I'm done with this game and will never touch it again.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2019 at 12:26 PM, Nitronik said:

Although I can't help but take this merger as a sign the times are dire

THey just want us all to play (nice)

so we have this new world order, alrite, NWO

Yeah, neato. You're going to have to free up 'taken' names from the 2015 merge before/while this is happening. 

Also, make it so I can merge two accounts together, or just move 1 character to my other account. danke 🙂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

Also, make it so I can merge two accounts together, or just move 1 character to my other account. danke

man i'd really like this to happen, i'll friggin pay for the devs hours if i need to

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Solamente said:

man i'd really like this to happen, i'll friggin pay for the devs hours if i need to

i think they already do that. you would have to ask to make sure.

Edit : there was someone who requested accounts to be merged by Little Orbit but I don't know anything other than that.

its either buried on these forums or on the old ones. its been a while.

Edited by Fortune Runner

5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

i think they already do that. you would have to ask to make sure.

Edit : there was someone who requested accounts to be merged by Little Orbit but I don't know anything other than that.

its either buried on these forums or on the old ones. its been a while.

they don't ive already been answered via support and mattscott

Edited by Solamente
edit

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

they don't ive already been answered via support and mattscott

Hmm ok thanks for letting  us know.

I wonder why though. I mean if people bought two char slots for those two free ones it would be fair.

if people buy char slots for their other free chars it would be legit chars for them and money made for Little Orbit and APB

but that's a different topic.

i wonder if they might reconsider after the phasing merge happening.

any word on when it is happening yet? not sure if  we missed it on that discord since im not on it

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

Hmm ok thanks for letting  us know.

I wonder why though. I mean if people bought two char slots for those two free ones it would be fair.

if people buy char slots for their other free chars it would be legit chars for them and money made for Little Orbit and APB

but that's a different topic.

i wonder if they might reconsider after the phasing merge happening.

any word on when it is happening yet? not sure if  we missed it on that discord since im not on it

from what ive been told its because account merges have to be done manually and it takes a fair bit of time, multiply that by each account to be merged and then multiply that by each person that wants all their accounts merged and its a lot of dev/support time

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

from what ive been told its because account merges have to be done manually and it takes a fair bit of time, multiply that by each account to be merged and then multiply that by each person that wants all their accounts merged and its a lot of dev/support time

totally understandable since there's so much to do right now.

I hope they consider it in the future when there's time to

one by one when time is available sort of thing , not a line.

oh and it doesn't apply to me I don't have alts.

no need to since i don't need storage form making stuff like others do.

This is probably the best idea i've seen in YEARS for this game, the only thing i disagree is the location for the South American Servers, i would change from Rio de Janeiro to São Paulo, i believe most of the Brazilian APB players are located there, including myself.

11 hours ago, Amayii said:

A number of players have been expressing concerns about the server locations depicted in the maps, so I wanted to address this quickly.

The locations shown on the map were picked randomly for demonstration purposes, beyond that they don't have any particular meaning.

More details will be coming later on.

~@mayii

You should probably edit this into the OP in big bold.

• Thanks 1

Inspect player or select them on the score board. Then click whisper. Now press Ctrl+C. Bam, you just copied the player's name, now you can report them. It's literally the same thing you need to do with players who abuse I and l in their names. No need to force them to change their names.

Now for the servers, I don't see an issue with spreading them out, just as long as we have an option to NOT join servers with latency over a certain amount, for me that would be 100ms.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

Inspect player or select them on the score board. Then click whisper. Now press Ctrl+C. Bam, you just copied the player's name, now you can report them. It's literally the same thing you need to do with players who abuse I and l in their names. No need to force them to change their names.

i love people suggesting things they haven't actually tried - it doesnt matter if you managed to copy and paste "/report игрок" because the report UI doesn't recognize cyrillic characters, and it won't allow you to submit a report with an invalid offender name

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Solamente said:

i love people suggesting things they haven't actually tried - it doesnt matter if you managed to copy and paste "/report игрок" because the report UI doesn't recognize cyrillic characters, and it won't allow you to submit a report with an invalid offender name

Sounds like poor programming.

25 minutes ago, SquirrelFace said:

Sounds like poor programming.

could be, although even if they fix the report UI issues it won’t really solve everything because you can’t always copy and paste a player’s name

the name changes are something that should have been done during the nekrova/citadel merge, but it has to happen

2 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Now for the servers, I don't see an issue with spreading them out, just as long as we have an option to NOT join servers with latency over a certain amount, for me that would be 100ms.

this pastes the russian names but wont let you press the button.. i tried this last week..

Ah yes this is similar to the Real time words servers, in where you could change servers to russian or china to USA, if you were from Uk or vise versa, you could play on usa server if you were from uk or other countries with the same char, so you didn't have to make a new char each time you had to select a server

8 hours ago, Solamente said:

может быть, хотя даже если они решат проблемы с пользовательским интерфейсом отчета, это не решит все проблемы, потому что вы не всегда можете скопировать и вставить имя игрока

I believe that one could simply make a convenient report button on the statistics panel, as I suggest in the screenshot below. And in general, all communications in the game can be made so that whistle to a minimum is the need for players to write someone’s nickname manually, in which case the developer will be able to enter support for nicknames in different languages and not just in one English! Because there are a large number of everyone’s favorite nicknames, in English they have been busy for many years the existence of this game 😞

Leave russian nicknames! Just make a convenient report button!      https://ibb.co/0tD094V

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Caio Sparkz said:

This is probably the best idea i've seen in YEARS for this game, the only thing i disagree is the location for the South American Servers, i would change from Rio de Janeiro to São Paulo, i believe most of the Brazilian APB players are located there, including myself.

I'd say Rio rather than Sao Paulo to allow players from Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Perú and Bolivia get better ping, Sao Paulo data centers gives almost the same ping as U.S. around there.