MattScott

Cyrillic nick name change & Jericho/Citadel consolidation

5 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

benefits APB by being a jerk and making people quit for being a jerk does not benefit APB.

also what you prefer does not  = what others have to do with their  lives.

they have toe right to play or not while waiting for an engine upgrade.

no one has the right to tell them otherwise , even if you sit afk and not playing it does not benefit APB you have not heard me say anything about it even though no one benefits from that.

people want matches and you are not providing them by being afk

finally time on game means nothing important

no idea why you think it matters when it doesn't mean anything other than bandwidth used for being afk

Those players already chose to quit and will most likely continue to quit once the engine upgrade occurs. What is the point of catering to players who do not currently support the game? The company does not gain anything with them being inactive and the current playerbase will not spend any extra money since there is no reason to.

Yes, you are right that a person can do whatever they want, but you are either misunderstanding the point of accumulating recent gameplay hours or completely biased about this issue. The point of afking for hours is to show that a player with a certain name cares about that name and shows the potential to play the game in the near future. If a player does not bother logging in, play the game, or going afk in social then the player does not care about their name in the first place.

Going afk in social benefits the game more than you think. It shows that the game is somewhat lively, which can attract new and old players alike with this new sense of population. By not going afk in social, a new and returning player will log into social, see an empty or not as active social and probably never log back into APB. Simply put, having an afk body in social is better than having no body in social.

Isn't this considered torture?... Isn't NA Global = EU Gold Nova 2? O.o

lulz, had to. 

;DD

7 hours ago, Stellafan said:

Hi Matt. You have done a great job of transferring, and now you are robbing us of our Cyrillic names instead of trying to solve the problems with report compatibility. I believe that this is a spit in the face of the whole Russian community, so personally, I would prefer to leave the game if you take my favorite nickname in Cyrillic from me. You reassure us at the beginning by leaving our names, but now I understand that you are on the eternal aggressive agenda of Europe against all Russians ((

Dude... I know quite a few russians who played Citadel for years now and they all manage to respect that they're on an EU server and should speak english when talking in public chats...

However, after the migration where LO chose to save your characters out of their own good will... all the public chats are full of russians speaking russian, giving zero fuck for fact of being on a EU server that has players from all around the world.

You should of NEVER had the ability in the first place to keep your Cyrilic names... I can't friggin' make a name out of special characters from whatever language I want, why should you?
How do you expect non-russians to call out your names when they're in cyrillic? you do realize you're not alone and didn't migrate to a russian server...
And tell your fellow countrymen to respect the fact that they've moved to an EU server and use god damn english as the russians that have been here for years.

Ty

P.S. I still wonder what's LO's plan with GameMasters @MattScott
They're supposed to actively moderate district chat and behavior, yet with this influx and with no official rule of "speak English when using public chat in an EU server..." ... the GM's are fked out of luck with all the foreign spam now being allowed. if Russians can spam chat with russian, then ALL the eu nations use their own language in public? and then who the hell is supposedly going to "moderate" anything in the end? It's only a matter of time watching english public chat turn into a mess of languages, before everyone feels its okay using their own local language to spam public chat lol.
You'll wanna add a rule on this I think.

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 5:06 PM, MattScott said:

Anyone who hasn’t logged in their character within the last year will have their name released so that new and existing characters can use it both during and after the merge.

I am confused, do we have to log on every character? I'm sure most of the players have multiple characters on their accounts but don't play all characters. I mostly play on just one character (leveling him to max rank), some of them i haven't played in more than 1 year

Going to be weird having 4 max rank enforcers with the same name.

15 minutes ago, indi said:

Going to be weird having 4 max rank enforcers with the same name.

indi lndi indl lndl? 🤔

Edited by I3ox

2 hours ago, Tigrix said:

You'll wanna add a rule on this I think

i don’t see why tbh, spamming chat in english isn’t some huge improvement over spamming chat in other languages 

4 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i don’t see why tbh, spamming chat in english isn’t some huge improvement over spamming chat in other languages 

eh? how does that make sense.

Of course it's an improvement for an EU server. Other online games have similar standardized rules.
Now they forced everyone into 1 server, so obviously there has to be a rule. I already mentioned GM's work and monitoring chat ability as an example. Not to mention what will become of APB when everyone of the 44++ diff EU nations playing APB realize "oh ok, we can just speak whatever language in public chat? cool!" 

If district chat is there to stay as an open public channel, its obvious it should be readable by the majority of an EU server.

• Like 1

Hello Matt. I don’t really understand the complexities and nuances of this problem, but maybe instead of going the easy way, it’s worth a little taut and make the report button super convenient, long-awaited for years? I really would not want to lose my nickname. https://ibb.co/FwSWMHH

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2019 at 6:06 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

During the coming weeks, we will be disabling special characters (Cyrillic, Latin, etc) in names and flagging all names that contain special characters for a forced change. 

We explored a number of ways to fix this without changing names, but in the end we are somewhat limited to the characters enabled across all our players’ keyboards. We need to do this to fix the /report & mail issues and to prep the upcoming Jericho and Citadel merge. The goal is to finally open all characters across all regions.

Matt I beg you not to remove our Russian nicknames, for convenient reports make the report button in statistics https://ibb.co/0tD094V

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ForumUser said:

Those players already chose to quit and will most likely continue to quit

they did not.

they wait.

they proved that.

Hopefully they add the option to split up district chats or filter languages like ff14 has.

You would pick what your primary language is example being EN, SP,  JP, RU etc. Then under channel settings you can filter out people that have certain languages checked for their account. One of the biggest issues with Intl. servers is toxicity towards people speaking a different language than them whether it be because one language is full of spammers or because they just feel left out. Knowing how hard LO is trying to cut down on the toxicity this could be super helpful if implemented right.

It appears that the repeated forum threads about Cyrillic finally reached LO. Looks like good changes to me

Qv2agYw.png

Edited by Guest
lmao called that shit

4 hours ago, Tigrix said:

P.S. I still wonder what's LO's plan with GameMasters

There is no plan. The GMs have no power to do anything under Little Orbit, and they never will. @MattScott specifically intended this, to avoid power abuse like GMs under Gamersfirst/Reloaded did. Course, this also means we have zero ingame moderation, and all the problems that go along with that.

@MattScott Awesome news, there was really no need for multiple, region-based world servers. However, I'm all for region-based district servers. So, will we see those language codes in district names come into play? Like:

Missions-Financial-EN 1
Missions-Financial-RU 1

Missions-Waterfront-US 1

etc.

21 minutes ago, Ch1ck said:

So, will we see those language codes in district names come into play? Like: -examples-

That would be a safe assumption, since that tech is already in place and serves this purpose.

56 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

[snip]

If you would for once read more than the title you would actually understand what is different between this and a traditional merge.

4 hours ago, Tigrix said:

eh? how does that make sense.

let me phrase it less politely 

there's no difference between garbage district chat in english and garbage district chat in any other language - except you really want to read 50% of eu pop speaking horrible broken/google translated english, instead of just glossing over stuff languages you can't read

If you're doing this nonsense, you should revert the 40v40 back to 50v50 so us poor North American players aren't stuck to one silver district that is full at peak hours and forced to sit in social or hope there is something going on in FC.

You're also going to need to adjust the UI and let players see what action districts have for an average MS. Otherwise you're going to have players flying around in districts looking for the one with the lowest ping.

This shit is going to be messy, and I will not be surprised if the player base becomes irreversibly fucked after this.

The staff really needs to start paying attention to peak hours of both servers and stop this stupid nonsense of 'MERGING IT ALL AND SEPARATING BY DISTRICT' idea. Especially if you have this mythical phasing thing in the future. You're going to force players to be sent to other districts in search of opposition and then bring in the issue of Russians fighting North American players on either a Canadian action district or a European action district.

It is better to separate the servers between AMERICAS and EURASIA and work your plan that way in the beginning without possibly fucking everything up. It is a lot easier to fix a small fuck up than it is a big one. You people really need to understand what it means to crawl, walk, and then fucking run. Jumping off the truck and moving into a full sprint is something you only want to do after you know it will work. Not if it's just an idea.

You will need to actually BETA test this thing you are trying out and make sure it will not cause issues with players fighting each other with a different ping averaging 200-300ms. Otherwise you're going to fuck yourselves in the long run. I seriously have no idea what is wrong with civilians and their always need to do something without thinking of the consequences of the long term, but fucking hell. You guys are going to risk playability for something that hasn't even been tested to work with APB's current code.

tl;dr

TEST YOUR IDEA FIRST. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Alani said:

If you're doing this nonsense, you should revert the 40v40 back to 50v50 so us poor North American players aren't stuck to one silver district that is full at peak hours and forced to sit in social or hope there is something going on in FC.

It would actually be smoother/better to reduce it further to 30v30, to force a split between two district instances. Although to be fair, this would of course work significantly better after phasing is implemented since then it could pull from both instances making it a 60v60 total pool.

3 hours ago, Solamente said:

let me phrase it less politely 

there's no difference between garbage district chat in english and garbage district chat in any other language - except you really want to read 50% of eu pop speaking horrible broken/google translated english, instead of just glossing over stuff languages you can't read

thank you.

sometimes you have to be less than polite so that there are not misunderstandings.

you did well.

2 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

when is this "merge" happening?

Soon™

I hope NA players come to play in south america region, i would like to face all of them but this time with a lower latency.