Bambola

The APB community, the highs and lows

5 hours ago, Flaws said:

And yet again the APB community shows just how pathetic and despicable it is and chases new players away in more than one ways.

I love how there are self-proclaimed "golds" and "veterans" who've written in this thread who are unironically trying to justify what those idiots did to that streamer. I can't tell whether such delusions are funny or sad or somewhere inbetween. You are making up random irrelevant crap to try and justify veterans chasing away new players who haven't had the chance to even spend 10 hours in the game. There is no justification for what they did, for making a new player rage quit.

First of all, I was one of the people in his chat, spending 1-2 hours of free my time to explain the game for him and I saw him quitting live. I've personally written the most detailed up-to-date guide for beginners and certain monkeys are going around undoing all of that to get some attention. You are an idiot if you think that this can somehow be justified. I talk to new players on a daily basis, teaching them how to get into APB and what do you do? You write literal garbage on the forums all day long that legit no one gives a single f*** about and never has and I bet you probably complained about the game having low pop a few times too.

You damage the game directly and you sh*t all over others' time, effort and work for a bit of pathetic attention.

Second of all, some of you seem to be too short-sighted to see the whole point in why this is bad on a larger scale. That person is a streamer twice the size of the average APB streamer and he is also friends with another streamer who is of similar size as our current biggest APB streamer and is even a professional at another game (I am referring to the guy that was playing with him and trying to get him into APB). You can't sh*t out "he was t-bagging therefore he deserved it" unless you are completely inept at seeing the bigger picture. We need new players and more of those will come from streamers who have audiences. If they start bad mouthing APB further right now, right prior to an Engine Upgrade coming up, it's going to deter players as an engine swap does not make the community any more friendly to newbies. When you see this sh*t live on stream or when you hear about it from a friend who's seen it or heard about it, are you going to want to play a game as blatantly toxic as this? You need to understand that in order to get business, the game needs players, ALL PLAYERS. Whether they t-bag, they curse, they act edgy.. ALL OF THAT is IRRELEVANT.

I've been here since 2010 and I always think that the community can't get worse and yet here we are. Good job, you know who you are.

Nobody is justifying it. We are pointing out his sh.it attitude and he's like what? One hour in the game and he already tbags and shittalks, something tells me he's not really a sunshine. APB doesn't need more toxic players, I can't feel bad about him.

Oh noes, he's a streamer and his friend is "professional", yet he lacks any total sense and thinks apb is p2w. Anyway, games used to thrive before even without social parasites, sorry I mean ...streamers.

"You damage the game directly and you sh*t all over others' time" lmao, exactly you are going to talk about damaging the game... 14 something something which I won't  name because mods will come :^)

You won't get digital back pats so you can just quit being moral bunch of sticks who virtue signals.

Edited by Sayori
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sayori said:

One hour in the game and he already tbags and shittalks, something tells me he's not really a sunshine. APB doesn't need more toxic players, I can't feel bad about him.

People when they get teabagged:

RkNxwtV.gif

Me when I get teabagged:

hpz3hx4.gif

Being teabagged is hardly offensive, I usually just shrug it off; there are much worse ways of being rude to people than rapidly crouch spamming. Hell, it's even how people say "hi" in plenty of other games.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Flaws said:

And yet again the APB community shows just how pathetic and despicable it is and chases new players away in more than one ways.

I love how there are self-proclaimed "golds" and "veterans" who've written in this thread who are unironically trying to justify what those idiots did to that streamer. I can't tell whether such delusions are funny or sad or somewhere inbetween. You are making up random irrelevant crap to try and justify veterans chasing away new players who haven't had the chance to even spend 10 hours in the game. There is no justification for what they did, for making a new player rage quit.

First of all, I was one of the people in his chat, spending 1-2 hours of free my time to explain the game for him and I saw him quitting live. I've personally written the most detailed up-to-date guide for beginners and certain monkeys are going around undoing all of that to get some attention. You are an idiot if you think that this can somehow be justified. I talk to new players on a daily basis, teaching them how to get into APB and what do you do? You write literal garbage on the forums all day long that legit no one gives a single f*** about and never has and I bet you probably complained about the game having low pop a few times too.

You damage the game directly and you sh*t all over others' time, effort and work for a bit of pathetic attention.

Second of all, some of you seem to be too short-sighted to see the whole point in why this is bad on a larger scale. That person is a streamer twice the size of the average APB streamer and he is also friends with another streamer who is of similar size as our current biggest APB streamer and is even a professional at another game (I am referring to the guy that was playing with him and trying to get him into APB). You can't sh*t out "he was t-bagging therefore he deserved it" unless you are completely inept at seeing the bigger picture. We need new players and more of those will come from streamers who have audiences. If they start bad mouthing APB further right now, right prior to an Engine Upgrade coming up, it's going to deter players as an engine swap does not make the community any more friendly to newbies. When you see this sh*t live on stream or when you hear about it from a friend who's seen it or heard about it, are you going to want to play a game as blatantly toxic as this? You need to understand that in order to get business, the game needs players, ALL PLAYERS. Whether they t-bag, they curse, they act edgy.. ALL OF THAT is IRRELEVANT.

I've been here since 2010 and I always think that the community can't get worse and yet here we are. Good job, you know who you are.

I wish for this post to be highlighted.

6 hours ago, Sayori said:

Nobody is justifying it. We are pointing out his sh.it attitude and he's like what? One hour in the game and he already tbags and shittalks, something tells me he's not really a sunshine. APB doesn't need more toxic players, I can't feel bad about him.

Oh noes, he's a streamer and his friend is "professional", yet he lacks any total sense and thinks apb is p2w. Anyway, games used to thrive before even without social parasites, sorry I mean ...streamers.

"You damage the game directly and you sh*t all over others' time" lmao, exactly you are going to talk about damaging the game... 14 something something which I won't  name because mods will come :^)

You won't get digital back pats so you can just quit being moral bunch of sticks who virtue signals.

You're basically just going off-topic then. This thread has never been about the streamer's attitude, whether good or bad.

Then again a lot of the APB forum crowd barely understands the topic of a thread.

Like, even if your point is completely parallel from the thread's topic, that doesn't take away that what's going on in bronze has been detrimental for the game's playerbase and player-atitude for about half a decade now.

APB's pop count also is not in a state where you can just cherry pick which streamer to give a warm welcome and which streamer to give the middle finger, be it for personal reasons or not.

Instead of pointing fingers like a child, grow up and admit that you guys are participating for a good part in the demise of this game with your shit attitude towards each other and new players. 

Maybe try to look further ahead than nose lenght for once when it comes to this game. Just for once.

Edited by Haganu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Knite said:

People when they get teabagged:

RkNxwtV.gif

Me when I get teabagged:

hpz3hx4.gif

Being teabagged is hardly offensive, I usually just shrug it off; there are much worse ways of being rude to people than rapidly crouch spamming. Hell, it's even how people say "hi" in plenty of other games.

Finally someone with a common sense.

jesus christ people in here listing their apb accomplishments like they’re being interviewed for the next g10 position

cool your jets guys, the games dead 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haganu said:

You're basically just going off-topic then. This thread has never been about the streamer's attitude, whether good or bad.

Then again a lot of the APB forum crowd barely understands the topic of a thread.

Like, even if your point is completely parallel from the thread's topic, that doesn't take away that what's going on in bronze has been detrimental for the game's playerbase and player-atitude for about half a decade now.

APB's pop count also is not in a state where you can just cherry pick which streamer to give a warm welcome and which streamer to give the middle finger, be it for personal reasons or not.

Instead of pointing fingers like a child, grow up and admit that you guys are participating for a good part in the demise of this game with your shit attitude towards each other and new players. 

Maybe try to look further ahead than nose lenght for once when it comes to this game. Just for once.

It's not off-topic at all.  It's about the streamer and the community. 

Is this game's community horrible? Yes, it is. What they did wasn't nice at all. But to go and point finger at them while the streamer is not any better is hypocritical. I can't remember ever tbag someone in a game I've just started, or trash talk. This really raises the red flag instantly about what kind of person he's.

I really have no problems people calling out the stream-snipers  even if I think he got what he was asking for HOWEVER I do have problem with people trying to lecture others and pretending to be morally superior after they sh.tted on the game for years but suddenly, you see, the community is toxic! Such people don't care about the game, they care about themselves, their lives resolve around APB, it's the only place where they will ever have some relevance, even if it's negative.

Basically flaws - it doesn't matter streamer is toxic, all it matters that he has 50 viewers and can bring people.

No thank you. As I said - I don't want people like that in the game or to promote the game. Got plenty of them already.

Edited by Sayori

"OMG im not immediately good at this game??? It must be everyone elses fault cause im fucking awesome, unique, great and talented." Or so their mothers tell them... Everyone is bad at apb at first. Good aim isnt enough, you need patience and some game sense.

Based on my previous posting experiences, I had to ponder for a while should I or not start this thread and unfortunately, only a few people understand the gist and purpose of it. I do not fancy the streamer's pretentious, arrogant and to extent vitriolic behavior, quite on contrary (despite my opinion they fit in well with the majority of this community). The point of the thread wasn't to seek the community's commiseration for his actions, neither was to start a witch-hunt, causing certain individuals to point fingers at each other in their rather clumsy attempt to defend and/or justify themselves or their buddies for their deeds. 

I have started this thread in the hope of it would push the community or at least a portion of it, into thinking and questioning further what we can do, or perhaps even more importantly shouldn't do, for the sake of the game we all say we wish the best for, in the hope it can induce us to delve deeper into the matter, take a minute of a few to absorb it, and see the bigger picture. I believe Flaws and Haganu have explained and summarized it quite well. 

As far as I am concerned, it's solely up to the moderators to decide if this thread has gone awry and has to be locked, as it provoked some posters to resort to unnecessary personal attacks, straw man arguments and digress from the subject.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sayori said:

It's not off-topic at all.  It's about the streamer and the community. 

Then you misinterpreted the thread right from the start.

I assume you didn't read the OP either.