So I have played APB over the years on and off, I was well known among the EU community at one point despite not being some famous youtuber or twitch streamer. I have always had a love for APB knowing it had great potential but being sadened by the lack of cares on behalf of the previous developer G1. SO being along time since I played last, I logged on last night and today, what I was met with was lower frame rates the never before, screen freezes every 1-2 minutes, half empty districts and not even a single social district full at any one time.

Sitting in social district looking for people to talk to today was depressing, straight up made me get some serious sad feel's. Hardly anyone was there, nobody was talking other then 2-3 russians, the billboards where empty, car display's hadnt been bought. I mean these are things bought and sold on a weekly roleover so its not like I was just on at the wrong time of day. It literally felt like walking threw a ghost town.

I know Little Orbit has done little bits here and there, with there biggest edition being the Riot game mode, and I know there supposedly working hard on the engine update. But one has to wonder, is it all too little too late? I mean I understand Little Orbit means well, but they bought a game that already had an expirey date, there was no time to dilly dally, and a few new pay for guns and a game mode people can get in other more widely known and popular games really doesnt help all that much. On the note of that I don't think the engine update will help ether? why? Cus people don't know about APB, the game needs a makeover, a payed for community colaberation with streamers and youtubers to promote the game, advertisements on gaming websites and hell a new trailer. What APB need' is an official relaunch.

Hey you may disagree, but, I feel bleak and sad for APB's future and I really wish Little Orbit the best of luck and hope I am wrong. 😞

• Like 3

Just now, Janelle The Real MVP said:

LO
such a dream that never become true
what a fault hope

there nothing like apb anymore

this game just like black hole in the sun

Sadly your right, APB was far beyond its time in terms of scope, but bad management led it into the ground from the word go. Now games are all carbon copies of each other looking for new ways to grab people cash.

• Like 1

As sad as the state of the game might be, it is nothing compared to the sadness of the people from/behind LO who invested actual money in APB, after they discovered the absolute poo-pit APB is/was. Both state-of-the-game-wise as well as community-wise (unless said money-men are raging masochists, off course. And if that is the case, then I have some dubious investments ready, sure to result in even more perverted pleasure).

I never doubted the good intentions of LO, and I still believe they are trying their best to succeed with APB, AND I really hope it happens. But the tint of my glasses is getting less and less rosy.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

As sad as the state of the game might be, it is nothing compared to the sadness of the people from/behind LO who invested actual money in APB, after they discovered the absolute poo-pit APB is/was. Both state-of-the-game-wise as well as community-wise (unless said money-men are raging masochists, off course. And if that is the case, then I have some dubious investments ready, sure to result in even more perverted pleasure).

I never doubted the good intentions of LO, and I still believe they are trying their best to succeed with APB, AND I really hope it happens. But the tint of my glasses is getting less and less rosy.

Really is mostly LOs fault, Keep introducing game breaking bugs that they dont bother insta fixing but rather wait for the next weekly maintenance, Server issues and game performance issues that were never present in G1s time. (Cheaters get to run around cheating on stream cause they are not 100% sure if they are cheating :)).
They need to open their eyes a little bit and actually start treating this game right.

Edited by cheater

35 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

i am a proud masochist myself thankuverymuch mr manboobs

maybe they should not bring out any more new stuff for this game keep as is and pour all der resources into the 3.5 update and maybe we can get to play without the game breaking every time we get an update 😄

5 minutes ago, Rat1oNRUs said:

maybe they should not bring out any more new stuff for this game keep as is and pour all der resources into the 3.5 update and maybe we can get to play without the game breaking every time we get an update 😄

There comes a point in any project where adding more bodies will not speed up the process.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rat1oNRUs said:

i have to disagree on that 

To use an oversimplified example, imagine pallbearers carrying a casket. There is only so much room around the casket, only so many areas is which a person can help out. Having 6 or 8 people is great, it means every person can help carry the load. But throw 20 people at the problem, and most of them will not be able to help in any meaningful way.

think thats a bad example i mean put 100 coders into a room and tell them to make a ai programe yes maybe 10 guys could do it but having 100 or more would get the job done faster no?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MotokoHutt said:

So I have played APB over the years on and off, I was well known among the EU community at one point despite not being some famous youtuber or twitch streamer. I have always had a love for APB knowing it had great potential but being sadened by the lack of cares on behalf of the previous developer G1. SO being along time since I played last, I logged on last night and today, what I was met with was lower frame rates the never before, screen freezes every 1-2 minutes, half empty districts and not even a single social district full at any one time.

Sitting in social district looking for people to talk to today was depressing, straight up made me get some serious sad feel's. Hardly anyone was there, nobody was talking other then 2-3 russians, the billboards where empty, car display's hadnt been bought. I mean these are things bought and sold on a weekly roleover so its not like I was just on at the wrong time of day. It literally felt like walking threw a ghost town.

I know Little Orbit has done little bits here and there, with there biggest edition being the Riot game mode, and I know there supposedly working hard on the engine update. But one has to wonder, is it all too little too late? I mean I understand Little Orbit means well, but they bought a game that already had an expirey date, there was no time to dilly dally, and a few new pay for guns and a game mode people can get in other more widely known and popular games really doesnt help all that much. On the note of that I don't think the engine update will help ether? why? Cus people don't know about APB, the game needs a makeover, a payed for community colaberation with streamers and youtubers to promote the game, advertisements on gaming websites and hell a new trailer. What APB need' is an official relaunch.

Hey you may disagree, but, I feel bleak and sad for APB's future and I really wish Little Orbit the best of luck and hope I am wrong. 😞

I'm guessing all LO can do now is release 3.5 and hope it brings in a big influx of players.

This will be totally pointless if they don't address the matchmaking and also the dethraters as new players will still be getting stomped on by veterans.
I think 3.5 on its own would be the worst thing LO could do without addressing the many issues of the game.

47 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

There comes a point in any project where adding more bodies will not speed up the process.

That makes 0 sense. Delegation is the way to succeed at a faster rate.

Blizzard has 3 entire buildings full of developers working on games literally 24/7. I bet LO has a small room of them if that. You're gonna sit here and tell us that if they hired more devs they'd go slower?

Common Sense sold separately.

• Thanks 1

It's time to start a kickstarter theme about a completely new game based on APB 

I am a developer and I know what it means to work with someone else's noodle code. You spend three o`clock as much on it than you would write from scratch.

Point of the thread aside; This is an inaccurate representation of Citadel on average. There's a full then an overflow social almost every day in primetime on EU, the billboards and car display points are always bought on both servers, my guess is exactly what you said "things bought and sold on a weekly roleover" so it recently ended and whoever won them hasn't signed on.

Edit: maybe not the car disp points because they start at 60k for some reason

Edited by Acornie

big patch(well advertised)with 3.5 engine upgrade,new contacts and new matchmaking(or current tweak)in the same time and this game /pop will jump like 2-3 times(at least)depends how long will stay like that from what will come next

Edited by TheMessiah

1 hour ago, Ohshii said:

That makes 0 sense. Delegation is the way to succeed at a faster rate.

Blizzard has 3 entire buildings full of developers working on games literally 24/7. I bet LO has a small room of them if that. You're gonna sit here and tell us that if they hired more devs they'd go slower?

Common Sense sold separately.

Yes because Blizzard has the infrastructure to support those devs. LO does not. 

I just don't like all the hate LO gets. They really are trying hard to work for the players. They do ONE thing, and the community just says, "fuck you." One thing I remember disgusting me was when they decided to hold the "Firecracken'" event or something by that name. Go look for that post yourself. They decided to do something nice for the community as they work on what needs to be done and yet all the replies are just hate towards LO. They really are trying. They don't deserve all the bandwagon hate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They're trying, yes.

But you gotta understand they licensed Disney games and that's how they made their money. They had absolutely zero background in competitive shooting games, let alone a dumpster fire shooting game like APB. You'd be absolutely lying to yourself if you believed they didn't realize very early on that they're not just way in over their heads but they also bit off a lot more than they can chew. However, as time goes by, they are slowly getting the hang of what is going on. They WILL get it right, eventually.

The problem is that the game is old already before they bought it. It was already a failed game before they bought it. So very understandably, players who've been here since the beginning are just tired of hearing the same answers and seeing the same limited if not no results everytime. It's a very understandable situation.

Both parties are technically correct; players are tired of the talking heads and getting no results and LO is literally doing their absolute damnest to make the game successful after years of it being far from that.

• Like 1

I would really love to see APB in its best state but we are nowhere to be found in the road of advertising and marketing. LO is trying its best to make this game to come back better than even before but sorry to say introducing 2 guns and an abandoned game mode that really everyone have quitted alredy because you also sold full rewards of it into the armas, which ruined completelymy fun honestly, yes, i bought them, because had no chance to find a match mid-day.

I can swear the last time I read a post of yours it said again how well known you were.

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Yes because Blizzard has the infrastructure to support those devs. LO does not. 

Not to mention, Blizzard's games aren't as poorly maintained as this game was nor coded as poorly.

Some of the specs of this game are hilariously bad... Speaking of Blizz, classic anyone? Lol.

6 hours ago, Rat1oNRUs said:

think thats a bad example i mean put 100 coders into a room and tell them to make a ai programe yes maybe 10 guys could do it but having 100 or more would get the job done faster no?

no.

they would stumble their coding over each other doing the same thing.

unproductive and waste of money and time.

7 hours ago, cheater said:

Really is mostly LOs fault, Keep introducing game breaking bugs that they dont bother insta fixing but rather wait for the next weekly maintenance, Server issues and game performance issues that were never present in G1s time. (Cheaters get to run around cheating on stream cause they are not 100% sure if they are cheating :)).
They need to open their eyes a little bit and actually start treating this game right.

You do know Little Orbit has only been here a little over a year now and clearly didn't neglect the game to this state right?

Edited by Fortune Runner

3 hours ago, Sayori said:

I can swear the last time I read a post of yours it said again how well known you were.

That was my favorite thread, maybe of all time. 

• Like 1