justchecking12

the game isnt working

30 minutes ago, Flaws said:

All you had to do was delete APB_Catcher (dot) exe from the Binaries folder (restart PC/relog into windows if it tells you it's in use) and let it update again and it works perfectly.

I posted this on my discord server and it worked for multiple people:

For everyone having issues with the new APB update, related to APB Catcher.

1. Restart your PC/Log Off from Windows and Relog in order to reset all processes.

2. Open APB Reloaded/Binaries and delete APB_Catcher.

3. Open the updater again and let the game update.

4. Apply any configs.

5. Play.

Thread at this point is more so bitching about how we as the consumer shouldn't be fixing the issues ourselves when its the responsibility of the company who publishes the client to make sure it works properly.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MattScott said:

Thanks, Matt

Care to make any comment at all about the APB_Catcher program spamming up our systems with endless instances of itself that never close on their own?

Edited by Hexerin

why does everytime they update something happens. getting the launcher error aswell.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Looks like this has been resolved. I’ll let a couple more players confirm the can get in, and then I’ll lock the thread.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt, I just got home from work and no, this isn't resolved... Hotfix please?

19 minutes ago, Lylith said:

Hi Matt, I just got home from work and no, this isn't resolved... Hotfix please?

What specific issue are you experiencing?

If you are getting an error while updating from the launcher, restarting your pc (don't just shut down and start back up, but a full restart) should resolve this issue.

~@mayii

13 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Care to make any comment at all about the APB_Catcher program spamming up our systems with endless instances of itself that never close on their own?

its literally using 1mb or ram if you have 20 instances you have 20mb of ram do you really have that shit of a pc?

10 hours ago, HardStyler3 said:

its literally using 1mb or ram if you have 20 instances you have 20mb of ram do you really have that shit of a pc?

it’s also relatively difficult/frustrating to close if ur just a casual pc gamer, not to mention the issues it repeatedly causes with patching the game 

Just waiting to play this friday and i can't update the game.. 🤣

🙄

edit: Launcher still says error, but i can play.. 🤔

Edited by EnriquexD
update info