MattScott

BattlEye patch is Friday 4am Pacific / 11am UTC

5 minutes ago, FoxFox said:

Is the unbanning in progress, or is it only tommorow?

Most likely it will be during the 6hr patch tomorrow.

I don't understand would you rather let them leave your accounts banned? You're getting unbanned be happy about it you have to pay a small price for it! If G1 was still in control you would still be shit out of luck on getting unbanned.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MattScott said:

Unbanning will occur after we lock servers tomorrow.

Can you give an exact number on how many people are going to get unbanned tomorrow Matt?

About time, thanks LO

2 minutes ago, iDev said:

The expected downtime links do not work @MattScott

indeed, there are 2 extra 'amp;'s in the links

The link on the blogpost:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=SERVERS+GOING+DOWN&iso=20180608T11&p1=1440

The working link: 
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=SERVERS+GOING+DOWN&iso=20180608T11&p1=1440

Edited by Kevkof
  • Like 1

Never heard locking servers before.

Was it always like that?

I mean, I'm happy about all this, but honestly, as someone who's deeply invested in APB's economy. . . I really don't think letting hackers have their money would make a huge difference.

First off, you have to consider that missions will never be as fast as creating or trading for making money. I doubt even a good hacker could make a mil a week without spending a shit ton of time, but I know people who could make a mil for every item they create if they really want, and I know I personally could easily make 5-10mil a week if I tried at all back when trading was big.

Second, you have to figure that this only really penalizes people whose assets are liquid. Not that I got banned, but I, for example, have millions and millions of APB$ worth of legendaries, and don't even have a 1mil in cash. I know a lot of players who were banned must have had fortunes in symbols, themes, and legendaries.

Plus, since more players is going to inflate the economy more anyways most likely, a few billion / trillion or whatever added back into the economy isn't going to do much in the long-term anyways.

Anyways, I appreciate it, and I'll be happy to have some friends back, but I really just don't see how removing their liquid assets helps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Just now, Kewlin said:

I mean, I'm happy about all this, but honestly, as someone who's deeply invested in APB's economy. . . I really don't think letting hackers have their money would make a huge difference.

First off, you have to consider that missions will never be as fast as creating or trading for making money. I doubt even a good hacker could make a mil a week without spending a shit ton of time, but I know people who could make a mil for every item they create if they really want, and I know I personally could easily make 5-10mil a week if I tried at all back when trading was big.

Second, you have to figure that this only really penalizes people whose assets are liquid. Not that I got banned, but I, for example, have millions and millions of APB$ worth of legendaries, and don't even have a 1mil in cash. I know a lot of players who were banned must have had fortunes in symbols, themes, and legendaries.

Plus, since more players is going to inflate the economy more anyways most likely, a few billion / trillion or whatever added back into the economy isn't going to do much in the long-term anyways.

Anyways, I appreciate it, and I'll be happy to have some friends back, but I really just don't see how removing their liquid assets helps.

Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

i guess if people cry hard enough on the forums they get what they want, they convinced little orbit to wipe our stuff after all, penalizing honest players is just very poor decision making. i can't wait to get into mission district and try to spawn my pioneer for 100 dollars.

• Like 2

Time to do the 15 hr waiting. All the cheaters gonna be full grinding with their cheats since its their last day.

the-terminator-2-robots.gif

Just now, Hypothesis said:

Time to do the 15 hr waiting. All the cheaters gonna be full grinding with their cheats since its their last day.

Yup, best to just wait till the patch is live

• Like 1

Aahhh really really really really ... 

GREAT! 

To bad im not at home this weekend 🙈😞

Will see it monday can't wait to see apb without those cheaters and have fair play.

Thankyou  !!

Just now, Hypothesis said:

Most of them aren't even online @ this time <:^) They keep waiting for an "Update"  😏

Taking away some monopoly money shouldn't really be something to start crying over, if you're given a new chance with your account that has potentially hundreds of dollars worth of real money purchases. Yes it may suck for someone who has potentially been banned for no reason, but then again, quite a few bans have happened and I'd like to think that they have mostly been for actual reasons, yet almost nobody has come to forums and say "sorry, I've done bad things"...

OMFGGGGG I CANT WAIT!!!!!! >:'D

48 minutes ago, MattScott said:

We are unbanning players caught up in the KTTC and FFA issues. We aren't in a position to do refund anyone prior to Little Orbit taking over. But I will grant G1C to players who paid on or after May 10th to unlock their accounts.

PLEASE be patient with Customer Support. We have just unbanned thousands of players, and they will be swamped even more than they are now. If you paid for an unban, please open a ticket and we will get you sorted out.

Nice that you unban all the poor KTTC boys ...
But why on earth would you unban FFA exploiters as well ?
Also I would have deleted all legendarys on every unbanned account too.

1 minute ago, Chinook said:

Taking away some monopoly money shouldn't really be something to start crying over, if you're given a new chance with your account that has potentially hundreds of dollars worth of real money purchases. Yes it may suck for someone who has potentially been banned for no reason, but then again, quite a few bans have happened and I'd like to think that they have mostly been for actual reasons, yet almost nobody has come to forums and say "sorry, I've done bad things"...

lmao agreed. I could give less of a molecular shit about money and JT's because I GET MY ACCOUNT BACKK!!!!!!!

My credit card is itching to drop a hundo on armas for LO ❤️

Just now, Chinook said:

I'm one of the few that has, actually. Though TiggsSquad on the old forums often deleted everything I posted.

• Like 1

Yay, exciting!

It is impossible for LO to know exactly which bans were fair and not. It's impossible to investigate thousands of bans like that. The people who complain about getting their APB$ and JT wiped, please understand this and put your emotions aside.

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

Nice that you unban all the poor KTTC boys ...
But why on earth would you unban FFA exploiters as well ?
Also I would have deleted all legendarys on every unbanned account too.

that's a sketchy area, there's already an acknowledged part of this mass that shouldn't have been banned in the first place, hence the unbanning itself,

imagine being part of that crowd and having things you paid for with real money taken from you

let's be sensible here