MattScott

BattlEye patch is Friday 4am Pacific / 11am UTC

21 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

I mean, I'm happy about all this, but honestly, as someone who's deeply invested in APB's economy. . . I really don't think letting hackers have their money would make a huge difference.

First off, you have to consider that missions will never be as fast as creating or trading for making money. I doubt even a good hacker could make a mil a week without spending a shit ton of time, but I know people who could make a mil for every item they create if they really want, and I know I personally could easily make 5-10mil a week if I tried at all back when trading was big.

Second, you have to figure that this only really penalizes people whose assets are liquid. Not that I got banned, but I, for example, have millions and millions of APB$ worth of legendaries, and don't even have a 1mil in cash. I know a lot of players who were banned must have had fortunes in symbols, themes, and legendaries.

Plus, since more players is going to inflate the economy more anyways most likely, a few billion / trillion or whatever added back into the economy isn't going to do much in the long-term anyways.

Anyways, I appreciate it, and I'll be happy to have some friends back, but I really just don't see how removing their liquid assets helps.

My savings towards my Ogre has disappeared... assuming I had any after buying the last legendary... it's been over a year, can't remember.

@MattScott Can I at least know how much hard earned JT and APB$ I had, and am losing over my three main characters because of an unjust and subjective ban that was never looked into by the Old G1?

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

I know the radio silence and lack of clear date was frustrating for a lot of players. We will do better in the future of giving more of a timeline and heads up.

I don't think anyone is complaining with your current standards, much better than the previous developers.

One question I do have about the new anti-cheat, I understand that you do not wish to publish names of banned players but have you considered a monthly or quarterly report (numbers only)? To at least ease the mind of players that San Paro is being cleaned.

Edited by ElectroStingz
  • Like 2

Wonder if the people that get unbanned Get sent an email "Come play APB again This time Behave"

Oh my god !!! ...

Finally free from cheaters/hackers.

giphy.gif

They didn't even have to unban your accounts, the fact that the previous company's anti cheat system sucked has nothing to do with LO same for the Bans, they decided to do something that wasn't a "MUST" for LO to do, be glad about that and stop crying for whatever reason, is it that hard to understand that it was impossible to use FF and spot those who actually cheated and those who didn't? is it that hard to understand that they just did wipe APB$ and JT just to make it somehow "fair" ?
For those who said "People didn't cheat to get in-game money" i saw many people back in the days using the refer link to get free premium + act44, cheating with an Enforcer and farming in-game cash.
In my opinion wiping APB$ and JT is the least of the things you people should worry about.
Peace.

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Unbanning will occur after we lock servers tomorrow.

May I ask about the players who got caught buying the cheap KttC packs from an external site that scammed them by reversing the payments and then they got massively banned for that?

Will they be back tomorrow too or these will have to wait a bit more @MattScott ?

[edited due to tldr]

Edited by Salvick

@MattScott

Since the Config issue was sort of answered can we get an idea about cross hair overlays as well?

yeah can we get an answer on using like mumble or playclawl to overlay a crosshair? 

Unbanning players?

giphy.gif

Let the shit show commence! To be fair they did not have much of a choice, but It would be interesting to see unbanned cheaters back in the game. Still, they are permanently tainted.

Edited by Nickolai

1 minute ago, Nickolai said:

Unbanning players?

giphy.gif

Let the shit show commence! To be fair they did not have much of a choice, but I would be interesting to see unbanned cheaters back in the game. Still, they are permanently tainted.

"Unbanned players have their titles Locked to 'Cheater' Tag"

1 minute ago, Zolerox said:

"Unbanned players have their titles Locked to 'Cheater' Tag"

That wouldn't have a toxic effect at all.....

41 minutes ago, Chinook said:

Taking away some monopoly money shouldn't really be something to start crying over, if you're given a new chance with your account that has potentially hundreds of dollars worth of real money purchases. Yes it may suck for someone who has potentially been banned for no reason, but then again, quite a few bans have happened and I'd like to think that they have mostly been for actual reasons, yet almost nobody has come to forums and say "sorry, I've done bad things"...

Two way street bud.

I have no issue admitting when I make mistakes or when I am wrong but you're not going to get me to apologize over something I didn't do. Will those who gleefully celebrated the FFbans apologize when BE doesn't ban the returning legit player? I have a feeling in a few weeks we are going to hear more "BattlEye doesn't work" posts than "Sorry for thinking you were cheating." I'll bet you all my APB$......oh wait.......   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scrim said:

excuse me but @MattScott

1c46e72e6b020cf6739b972d2c30d3ac.png

how the actual hell is this fair for people who we're FALSELY BANNED

are you actually serious? just penalize the actual cheaters why everyone banned unfairly?

that's like shooting a soldier who was awarded the medal of honor

Good point....

Let's see if we can break this down a bit.

if we were to accept the number of bans in the last several years at around 17K.

and of those, are a number of "False Bans"....    I believe what you are suggesting, is that LO spend some time to 

perform an analysis of those 17K bans to determine which bans were legit, and which bans were...  questionable.

Hmm, it would be possible .. I guess... might take some time..., maybe 6-8 months...

I dunno, wait a half a year or so ... or .............

I am still undecided...

wcNmQhV.jpg

RIP all tryhards with user-mode cheats...and most kernel-mode.

Finally I can spend more $ and not be afraid to be disappointed! AND finally we are getting unbanned!

LO ❤️❤️❤️ 

Edited by wHisHi

Really hope everything goes smoothly for this patch, it's gonna be like trying to get an old engine that hasn't been used in years to start running again so I wouldn't be too upset if a few things still don't work properly.

18 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

That wouldn't have a toxic effect at all.....

people can't think at all

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So what I have gathered from testing on OTW (which already has the BattlEye patch). It looks like you don't get kicked for editing configuration files.

Things that have to inject into the game, for example NinjaRipper, ReShade (and probably hacks lol), will get blocked by BattlEye and APB won't start at all.

• Thanks 1

Question for the dev Team..

Will there be a conflict with Battle Eye, as I currently have BE installed from other game ?