MattScott

BattlEye patch is Friday 4am Pacific / 11am UTC

Image result for yeah boi ainsley gif

YEAAAHH BOII

Hey Lixil and MattScott, check your email in a min Lixil, I'm sending you something i want you to pass to matt, this just one time.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Tsumori said:

Tbh, be happy that u get ur stuff back.

Just calm de fuck down, it's ingame cash that u can get back so easily

yeah but the 29k joker tickets i had saved up then being falsely banned just to be unbanned and lose all that? yeah, really great decision

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PancakePower said:

Will bans still be shown for all to see? Or is that no longer going to be a thing? Also thank you for the updates, been doing good so far and can't wait to see what else is coming for us.

We are no longer advertising bans.

3 minutes ago, Swibby said:

Will configs still be allowed?

I'm going to ask for patience on this, because we haven't had a chance to really test this.

However we have opened the Open Test World (OTW) to all players for resting. We are fine with players getting on and running configurations they want to test. We believe editing config files should be fine, but we're not 100%.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey Matt on the stream you was talking about the people that was banned by the charge back's from Key to the City i would like to know do the people that payed to get there account back will get a refund of any kind ? (Getting there $40 worth of G1C back) i know you cant give people there money but am sure you can give it back in G1C ?

thanks for the new update hope it works out :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BuckyTheBronco said:

Is the patch strictly the implementing of BattlEye, or are there going to be minor fixes as well? Specifically the splash browser screen when you launch. I absolutely hate seeing that pop-up and I feel like it puts a trashy image on the game even before launch. Being prompted to "like us on Facebook!" is not an ideal welcome in my opinion. 

This has been removed in this patch as well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Matt, could you please quickly look up the PM I just sent you ? I fear some users (me included) might get flagged for no reason

wait are you serious about the joker tickets and the ingame money? did the babies on the forums really cry hard enough for you guys to wipe all that stuff? I understand that cheaters should be penalized but there is a lot of other bans that do not deserve that... that's messed up

• Like 3

I love you Matt and Little Orbit. 

To do this in such a short time. 

Amazing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scrim said:

excuse me but @MattScott

1c46e72e6b020cf6739b972d2c30d3ac.png

how the actual hell is this fair for people who we're FALSELY BANNED

are you actually serious? just penalize the actual cheaters why everyone banned unfairly?

that's like shooting a soldier who was awarded the medal of honor

hahahahahahahhaha

Edited by Blijat

1 minute ago, IIbigskinzII said:

Hey Matt on the stream you was talking about the people that was banned by the charge back's from Key to the City i would like to know do the people that payed to get there account back will get a refund of any kind ? (Getting there $40 worth of G1C back) i know you cant give people there money but am sure you can give it back in G1C ?

thanks for the new update hope it works out 😄

We are unbanning players caught up in the KTTC and FFA issues. We aren't in a position to do refund anyone prior to Little Orbit taking over. But I will grant G1C to players who paid on or after May 10th to unlock their accounts.

PLEASE be patient with Customer Support. We have just unbanned thousands of players, and they will be swamped even more than they are now. If you paid for an unban, please open a ticket and we will get you sorted out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, MattScott said:

--

Exciting news, Matt, but I have a question. You said that you had false positives while testing BattlEye. It seems it's fixed if you announced release date, but what if there're still bugs and someone will be unfairly banned.

13 minutes ago, scrim said:

that's like shooting a soldier who was awarded the medal of honor

Oh come on.

• Like 3

well lets see how this turns out to be

i honestly am not feeling optimistic, but cheers nonetheless

1 minute ago, Instrill said:

wait are you serious about the joker tickets and the ingame money? did the babies on the forums really cry hard enough for you guys to wipe all that stuff? I understand that cheaters should be penalized but there is a lot of other bans that do not deserve that... that's messed up

I understand your frustration. Please know that we did a lot of analytics against the banned accounts to try and figure out a better way, but in the end it was impossible to make any 100% determination on whether someone actually cheated or not. We are not wiping progress, lowering rank, or taking away G1C / purchased items. This was the best I could do to equalize the economy and create a level playing field for returning players who may have abused the game.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Get unfairly banned by a staff member that has something against you.

Get lobbed in with every other actual cheater.

Finally get unbanned after years.

Didn't spend your millions on assets.

Get it wiped from your acount due to 'unfairness' while those that did spend their money are fine.

LUL. GG.

Note I am not talking about myself.

Well time to reset windows just in case. Also bye bye custom equalizer 😞

Is mousefix together with autosprint allowed to use?

1 minute ago, Lign said:

Exciting news, Matt, but I have a question. You said that you had false positives while testing BattlEye. It seems it's fixed if you announced release date, but what if there're still bugs and someone will be unfairly banned.

I'm not going to go into specifics, but we have considered this case and implemented safety mechanisms until I feel BattlEye is working at 100%.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MattScott said:

I understand your frustration. Please know that we did a lot of analytics against the banned accounts to try and figure out a better way, but in the end it was impossible to make any 100% determination on whether someone actually cheated or not. We are not wiping progress, lowering rank, or taking away G1C / purchased items. This was the best I could do to equalize the economy and create a level playing field for returning players who may have abused the game.

I believe you made the right decision.

• Like 1

Just now, MattScott said:

I'm not going to go into specifics, but we have considered this case and implemented safety mechanisms until I feel BattlEye is working at 100%.

Sounds pretty fair

4 minutes ago, MattScott said:

We are unbanning players caught up in the KTTC and FFA issues. We aren't in a position to do refund anyone prior to Little Orbit taking over. But I will grant G1C to players who paid on or after May 10th to unlock their accounts.

PLEASE be patient with Customer Support. We have just unbanned thousands of players, and they will be swamped even more than they are now. If you paid for an unban, please open a ticket and we will get you sorted out.

Just a question will those who paid last year to get unbanned for the KTTC pack also receive G1c or just those who paid for the FFA issue?

2 minutes ago, MattScott said:

does this just include fairfight banned accounts, or does it include manual banned accounts as well? 

4 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Yeah but mine was way before may 😞 so i guess people like me will get nothing.

Oh well thanks anyway.