Seedy

APB On Stadia. The instant cure

2 minutes ago, Alani said:

ok while u play apb on stadia, i will enjoy playing on my computer with ur extra dose of latency trying to shoot me and having later reaction times than a bronze.

FTFY

hes already silver

42 minutes ago, PgawExSquad said:

What is stadia? I agree to anything before lo keep doing changes to my loved game, im suffering.

google wants to join the console market by allowing people to purchase games through google and STREAMING them to any of ur devices.

but you dont actually own the game even though you buy it

(in the sense of say google stops supporting stadia, anything you've bought can not be redeemed anywhere else nor will you receive a physical copy. think of it as losing your steam account)

really not sure what google is doing with that idea but good god their idea sounds like shit. reminds me of those stupid glasses

2 hours ago, PgawExSquad said:

What is stadia? I agree to anything before lo keep doing changes to my loved game, im suffering.

It's like leasing a computer, but instead of having that computer at home it stands somewhere else like the APB servers. So you will just connect to that computer form home. That computer then will run APB and you only send your input commands like mouse and keyboard actions to that Computer.  And that computer will send the screen information to your PC at home which then just shows the picture.

But hey this idea is soo old it was an idea even for office task handling in bigger companies, but never managed to spread properly, because it works shitty.

I had to google Stadia to figure out what in the world you're on about.

As someone who's internet connection barely manages to stream video in 1080p at times, I have to say "Noooohohohohoho..."

this guy is just pure satire

15 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

but never managed to spread properly, because it works shitty.

may i introduce you to citrix (leaving the second bit in was indeed not an accident)

(arguably all cloud computing and virtualization are not too dissimilar)

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Alani said:

google wants to join the console market by allowing people to purchase games through google and STREAMING them to any of ur devices.

but you dont actually own the game even though you buy it

(in the sense of say google stops supporting stadia, anything you've bought can not be redeemed anywhere else nor will you receive a physical copy. think of it as losing your steam account)

really not sure what google is doing with that idea but good god their idea sounds like shit. reminds me of those stupid glasses

17 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

It's like leasing a computer, but instead of having that computer at home it stands somewhere else like the APB servers. So you will just connect to that computer form home. That computer then will run APB and you only send your input commands like mouse and keyboard actions to that Computer.  And that computer will send the screen information to your PC at home which then just shows the picture.

But hey this idea is soo old it was an idea even for office task handling in bigger companies, but never managed to spread properly, because it works shitty.

Ty.

I didnt undertand the somewherelse part... is your computer running the game somewhere else, or theirs?

54 minutes ago, PgawExSquad said:

Ty.

I didnt undertand the somewherelse part... is your computer running the game somewhere else, or theirs?

its not that hard my dude, its netflix but with videogames

22 minutes ago, Solamente said:

its not that hard my dude, its netflix but with videogames

Are you meaning that their hardware is so powerful that it can run thousand games at the same time... what?

15 minutes ago, PgawExSquad said:

Are you meaning that their hardware is so powerful that it can run thousand games at the same time... what?

its google

If your internet connection isn't from 2003, everyone will experience the same input lag therefore it won't be nearly as bad as everyone is claiming in this thread. The only issue will be the speed of your internet connection. It's not Citrix.

7 hours ago, PgawExSquad said:

shadow does the same

https://shadow.tech

Hello

I have moved this topic to the Game Suggestions section.

- Mina_

Did u just say that apb would be a great fit for a new platform that needs a good internet connection to be able to play and not even available for all countries? We already have low pop W T F

On 8/22/2019 at 9:15 PM, neophobia said:

this guy is just pure satire

may i introduce you to citrix (leaving the second bit in was indeed not an accident)

(arguably all cloud computing and virtualization are not too dissimilar)

and who is using such a thing widespread? I don't know any bigger copany even doing that for thir office. I realyl do not see any larger scale where anyone used it to replace typical client sided applications with cloud or virtualized or centralised ones.

citrix has a lousy 3,3BN turnover, and yes, thats pretty lousy by scale.

Stadia said that below 200million players is already a fail. Think about that, if the price is just 10 a month thats already 2BN PER MONTH only by the subs. So that citrix is an example that cloud for replacing client side software utility is used, but the scale is supertiny and negliable compared to what happens globally.

also wonder how IP bans would work, that could really mess things up on a crazy level.

Edited by LilyV3

2 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

and who is using such a thing widespread? I don't know any bigger copany even doing that for thir office. I realyl do not see any larger scale where anyone used it to replace typical client sided applications with cloud or virtualized or centralised ones.

citrix has a lousy 3,3BN turnover, and yes, thats pretty lousy by scale.

Stadia said that below 200million players is already a fail. Think about that, if the price is just 10 a month thats already 2BN PER MONTH only by the subs. So that citrix is an example that cloud for replacing client side software utility is used, but the scale is supertiny and negliable compared to what happens globally.

uhhh

have you even tried to google citrix

"Citrix solutions are claimed to be in use by over 400,000 clients worldwide, including 99% of the Fortune 100, and 98% of the Fortune 500."

yeah, only 98% of the 500 companies which highest in revenue worldwide use citrix. i wonder how widespread that is. of course it managed to spread properly.

"citrix has a lousy 3,3BN turnover, and yes, thats pretty lousy by scale." - so even if stadia would have 24BN per year (as you proclaimed) - (less than) 8 times what citrix currently has - 8 times is still the same scale. although they are not even competitors, do you really think e.g. a phone manufcaturer with 11% of global market share is "lousy" because another has 89%? of course one is bigger than another but even the smaller one has a giant customer base and is widespread. and this doesn't even apply here. they are not in the same market. stadia will ahve a way bigger market since it is not limited to enterprises.

besides that virtualization and cloudcomputing is as old as the internet. it's not a new concept. supercomputers - that's literally clients using computing time on big servers for their tasks. which also lead to the development of the internet. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSFNET

a very similar idea - and you tell me that's not widespread?

2 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

also wonder how IP bans would work, that could really mess things up on a crazy level.

no big game/developer/publisher uses IP bans since they are way too easy to evade and are already an issue with IPv4 since these addresses (generally) get reassigned to different people every day. plus, even then, each vm could have their own public/external ip assigned. google certainly has the means to buy an own IP region. would they? would it be reasonable to get your own IPv4 region? no.

especially since they only have certain games available and work with the developers so they could figure an own banning system based on other, more reasonable, criteria out.

and even then - i doubt there is much room for cheating. how would you inject a cheat to a game that's not even running on your pc, on a machine you only have very limited access to? that may run an OS that doesn't even allow such manipulation? but sure, there are other bannable offenses besides cheating.

Edited by neophobia

400.000 clients wordlwide, do you know how low that is? and a revenue of 3,3BN. for 400.000 clients. you know on the scale of the globe thats tiny. And they hardly use any proper or full scale client side desktop replacement offers.

you know, including 99% of the furtune 100means,  When they run just a single sort of thing this includes them, but that doesn't even man that company has replaced thir office pc's with cloud hosts for these. or that even the turnovers are big, in fact 400k customers for 3,3BN turnover is pretty low.

and yes those 11% market share is louse because doesn't matter if 11% or 100% you do nto get over those 3,3BN and that is a small number on a worldwide scale, thats exactly why I gave you the stadia expectation as comparison, so that you have another scale for comparison. Yes citrix may be limited to enterprises, still getting only 3,3BN from those top 100 is extremely low and I doubt any of those top 100 run on an server client architecture only. And thats what we talkd about initially, it is not used widespread as a replacement.

originally I told about replacing what the PC does, and citrix does NOT do that. we had some citrix services as well in our company but it is not and never was a replacement for the major applications doing their stuff on the client pc not in a cloud.

Edited by LilyV3

39 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

400.000 clients wordlwide, do you know how low that is? and a revenue of 3,3BN. for 400.000 clients. you know on the scale of the globe thats tiny. And they hardly use any proper or full scale client side desktop replacement offers.

you know, including 99% of the furtune 100means,  When they run just a single sort of thing this includes them, but that doesn't even man that company has replaced thir office pc's with cloud hosts for these. or that even the turnovers are big, in fact 400k customers for 3,3BN turnover is pretty low.

and yes those 11% market share is louse because doesn't matter if 11% or 100% you do nto get over those 3,3BN and that is a small number on a worldwide scale, thats exactly why I gave you the stadia expectation as comparison, so that you have another scale for comparison. Yes citrix may be limited to enterprises, still getting only 3,3BN from those top 100 is extremely low and I doubt any of those top 100 run on an server client architecture only. And thats what we talkd about initially, it is not used widespread as a replacement.

originally I told about replacing what the PC does, and citrix does NOT do that. we had some citrix services as well in our company but it is not and never was a replacement for the major applications doing their stuff on the client pc not in a cloud.

you did not say it is a replacement. stadia is very probably also not a fully replacement. and still 3.3BN and 24BN (12mo*2BN/mo) are the same scale. by your arguments stadia would be small too then.

On 8/22/2019 at 8:33 AM, LilyV3 said:

citrix is not meant as a full replacement. it literally does what you said there though. (more or less since citrix sucks)

virtualization in general also does that though.

thin clients are also widespread.

hell, we could even talk about chromebooks here.

of course the concept is widespread and widely used.

dude, stadia will only succeed if people replace their pc's witht heir service, otherwise, you are so bad at math that you deserve to pay twice. But no one that can afford a mid range gaming pc and sufficient braincells will also pay a monthly fee for gaming as well. And the goal IS to replace gaming PCs and consoles.

And if they succeed they are above 200million gamers, and they said the exectable goal is like 1 million players and above, so thats scale is VERY different, and even if it's only 200million. 24bn vs 3,3bn is NOT the same scale, if it's in th same scale range for you,w ell then it is, but objectively thats worlds apart.

Edited by LilyV3

10 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

dude, stadia will only succeed if people replace their pc's witht heir service, otherwise, you are so bad at math that you deserve to pay twice. But no one that can afford a mid range gaming pc and sufficient braincells will also pay a monthly fee for gaming as well. And the goal IS to replace gaming PCs and consoles.

And if they succeed they are above 200million gamers, and they said the exectable goal is like 1 million players and above, so thats scale is VERY different, and even if it's only 200million. 24bn vs 3,3bn is NOT the same scale, if it's in th same scale range for you,w ell then it is, but objectively thats worlds apart.

it's not even *10^1. of course it is the same scale and not worlds apart - objectively.

that's not what your post even said. you can bend it now but no.

the concept of replacing is widespread - as you can see with cloud services and e.g. chromebooks. citrix was a commercially VERY successful example. you said the concept was not widespread. this is objectively wrong.

stop picking the stuff you want to respond to just so i can/gotta repeat the same arguments lmao.

crucially you also just said they want to replace gaming PCs. yes. never said anything contrary. this service is STILL not gonna replace PCs in general and this probably isn't the aim of the project either. this is exactly what citrix is doing in another sector.

Edited by neophobia