Seedy

APB On Stadia. The instant cure

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I don't understand, can you explain what you think the reason no one plays APB is?

obviously everyone who doesnt play apb just wishes they could play with a controller at 160ms

33 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Google specs according to Wikipedia say 20Mbps for 1080p60.

What is your source?

*lossless*
Eww, difference between lossless and lossy encoded @20mpbs is like night vs day in terms of data rate and quality.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I don't understand, can you explain what you think the reason no one plays APB is?

lol the hackers. have a few games on citadel. For about the last 3 weeks its game after game of trigger and aimbotters. What seems to being done about it? Pretty much same old shit, different day. - its like G1 never left! Its amazing how many times the corners are prefired and as soon as your in view your dead.. This is especially the case with long distance semi auto guns which are firing like slower full auto. (although 2 guys the other night with aligs were just taking the total piss, again up close no chance of hitting me.. at distance ever shot lands) Anything less than 20 meters these dudes cant shoot shit.

I just watched my clan mate being gunned down from around 60 meters from the enemy. - this was almost exact same time I was killed.; 2 shots on me from both players in the same spot at the exact same time pretty much. He was right behind the corner and the two dudes we were playing against shot him in the same spot at the same time. When we got close to them they run around like headless chickens not able to even nearly shoot us.

Right now on citadel, APB is a total joke. Im not joking ive never ever seen it this bad.

Ive been reading the hack forums. They are laughing that there new trigger bot is not being detected and hasnt been for many many weeks.

Ive went from winning around half of all games, to winning around 1 in 5 and with score of 1 to 4 kills for me to around 7 to 10 for them . My normal scores were always pretty much even. Either over the past 3 weeks I have suddenly reduced in skill drastically and not noticed any change in my game play, or the entire population of APB has suddenly got at least 30% better.

Ive been coming back to play day after day and seeing the same thing. Im really losing hope for the game.

2 hours ago, Microtea said:

*lossless*
Eww, difference between lossless and lossy encoded @20mpbs is like night vs day in terms of data rate and quality.

I am sorry I missed that.

Nobody here means about streaming lossless so that's a subject about another forum thread.

3 hours ago, Glaciers said:

triggerbotting is hacking, regardless of whether you're reading the game memory or analyzing screen elements

I just have to interject something 😛

"Hacking" doesn't equal "cheating" as in the very meaning of the word.

While using any external color bot is cheating, it is not an act of hacking, as nothing was "hacked into" to make or use the cheat.

Edited by SilverCrow
typo
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Seedy said:

lol the hackers. have a few games on citadel. For about the last 3 weeks its game after game of trigger and aimbotters. What seems to being done about it? 

@CookiePuss have u seen ray taylor recently? Cuz i think i found him.

Do you think Google Stadia will manage to run APB without microstutters?

3 hours ago, Microtea said:

APB on Stadia - instant meme.
FYI even 100 megabit is NOT enough for lossless 1080p60 and above. Technology isn't here yet.

HDMI 1.0 runs at up to 3.96 GIGAbits per second, which allows 1080p60 without chroma-subsampling. Just to give some perspective for lossless video signals.

HEVC encoded video at 20-30Mbit/s would probably look good enough to even a trained eye as long as there isn't too much detail or movement in a scene, though.

Edited by Revoluzzer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Seedy said:

Put APB on Stadia. This will prevent hacking, people using graphics mods of all kinds and will also instantly drive more people towards APB than any current type of advertising could even dream of as Google will advertise it for you and you will be able to allow ANYONE with even the shittest PC to play APB on the best settings. Honestly you dont need to thank me for the solution although I dont know why you didnt think of it your self @MattScott

HUGE "NOPE" 

11 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

I just have to interject something 😛

"Hacking" doesn't equal "cheating" as in the very meaning of the word.

While using any external color bot is cheating, it is not an act of of hacking, as nothing was "hacked into" to make or use the cheat.

if we really want to get "technical" hacking is just identifying and exploiting weaknesses in a computer system - being a hacker doesnt even require in depth technical knowledge, relying instead on social engineering methods

seems to me that circumventing the limits of a game by coding a simple automation process counts as exploiting a weakness 

• Like 1

It greatly amuses me that there are people who think Stadia isn't dead on arrival.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

if we really want to get "technical" hacking is just identifying and exploiting weaknesses in a computer system - being a hacker doesnt even require in depth technical knowledge, relying instead on social engineering methods 

seems to me that circumventing the limits of a game by coding a simple automation process counts as exploiting a weakness 

You didn't write at least half of that.

you googled what a hacker is and then copy pasted what you found as your reply.

9lakrHT.png

So I'm not going to reply like you wrote (all of) that.

Edited by SilverCrow

Yea u guys play on this streaming platform and I play on my pc.

have fun with that 60fps + extra input lag

Edited by Deadliest

1 hour ago, SilverCrow said:

You didn't write at least half of that.

you googled what a hacker is and then copy pasted what you found as your reply.

9lakrHT.png

So I'm not going to reply like you wrote (all of) that.

shocking development, man without 100% confidence in his knowledge turns to the largest knowledge base in the world for confirmation

im glad i could help lead you to the same knowledge base, it makes things so much easier

Never really been that big on streaming services. Problems with visual quality, require a subscription, input delays, and chug a whole lot of data fast. Which can be massively problematic for those in areas where limits are enforced by an ISP. That's only the start too.

I really don't see any "convenience" in streaming games I can simply play locally. It's quite odd honestly. I guess if you have no other choice and really, really wanna play something? 

APB is a  free to play game.

if it switched to a subscription we would lose roughly 90% of our player base immediately from that.

If this is correct then no thank you.

5 hours ago, Seedy said:

~snip~

I mean this in the nicest way possible. 

You are a barely silver player even after years of playing, and you play in bronze districts. 

You clearly have no idea what is or isn't possible by legit players. 

You should not be spouting off about cheaters. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Solamente said:

triggerbotting is hacking, regardless of whether you're reading the game memory or analyzing screen elements

you're right that streaming the game would likely prevent any dll injection (limiting cheats) but to say that it will eliminate cheating altogether is obviously wrong

cheating =/= hacking.

6 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

cheating =/= hacking.

So someone using an ESP on APB isn't hacking?

Obtaining information which otherwise would be restricted to the user to gain an advantage... which is cheating... but it isn't hacking?

7 minutes ago, claude said:

So someone using an ESP on APB isn't hacking?

Obtaining information which otherwise would be restricted to the user to gain an advantage... which is cheating... but it isn't hacking?

It's just a semantic argument that gets brought up at times. 

They say hackers have knowledge, cheaters are more like script kiddies. 

It's an effort to not give more cred to cheaters than they deserve through the rigid use of language. 

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

It's just a semantic argument that gets brought up at times. 

They say hackers have knowledge, cheaters are more like script kiddies. 

It's an effort to not give more cred to cheaters than they deserve through the rigid use of language. 

APB is an egomaniac magnet lmao

ok while u play apb on stadia, i will enjoy playing on my computer with ur extra dose of latency trying to shoot me and having later reaction times than a silver.