Seedy

APB On Stadia. The instant cure

Put APB on Stadia. This will prevent hacking, people using graphics mods of all kinds and will also instantly drive more people towards APB than any current type of advertising could even dream of as Google will advertise it for you and you will be able to allow ANYONE with even the shittest PC to play APB on the best settings. Honestly you dont need to thank me for the solution although I dont know why you didnt think of it your self @MattScott

• Like 2

Sorry to burst your bubble, but most people don't have a sufficiently high-speed Internet connection that is needed for something like that to happen.

• Like 5

You forgot a ' /s '

Edited by Nitronik
  • Like 1

I don't know honestly, seems a nice idea but there are positive and negative points.

1 hour ago, Saxtus said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but most people don't have a sufficiently high-speed Internet connection that is needed for something like that to happen.

how do you know this ?

I have 100meg.

If this was put on Stadia the amount of people playing would balloon to a massive amount so the new people who played would all have the right speed or they would not sign up to Stadia. APB seems to pander to people who have shit PCs and shit internet (see twitch) - it should be moving forward with the times. Not giving in to the old shit systems people have. 

1 hour ago, Seedy said:

Put APB on Stadia. This will prevent hacking, people using graphics mods of all kinds and will also instantly drive more people towards APB than any current type of advertising could even dream of as Google will advertise it for you and you will be able to allow ANYONE with even the shittest PC to play APB on the best settings. Honestly you dont need to thank me for the solution although I dont know why you didnt think of it your self @MattScott

I don't know why you think this would prevent hacking.

I don't know why you have a problem with people using configs so that their game can run at 100fps+ without any stutters (stutters happen way too much on high/max settings.) 

I don't know why you somehow don't know that newer hardware runs the game just as bad as older hardware, I have an rtx 2070 and an r7 2700x and still have performance issues that render the game unplayable at anything above minimum.

I never really understood the "fuck configs, get a better PC" mentality. The people who complain and say that configs are OP and unfair are the same people who play at 60fps max settings and claim it's "perfect" after disregarding the frameskips that happen almost every minute. If you're the type of player to play this game at max settings and at low fps, with situations where you'd randomly lose 140-300~ frames and your game freezes, you probably don't give an ounce of a fuck about performance, so why are you shitting on optimization methods that other players choose to use? Every player is allowed to play at minimum settings, no matter what hardware they have. Every player is allowed to boot up AAPBL and make their game Claypb, no matter what hardware they have. If you choose to play this game at max settings and 50-80fps with a shit ton of hiccups and clutter, that's your choice, that's the type of player you are, but don't act like everyone else needs to play how you play.

Stadia will be a failure of a project, and APB on Stadia would make no sense, since you'd be paying to play a F2P TPS. Also, the amount of money you would have to spend to receive ideal performance through Stadia on APB would drive anyone away. Not to mention the fact that game streaming for competitive shooters or just shooters overall isn't really a good idea, nobody wants to play with more input lag than their mice/keyboard already provide.

Edited by claude
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seedy said:

how do you know this ?

I have 100meg.

If this was put on Stadia the amount of people playing would balloon to a massive amount so the new people who played would all have the right speed or they would not sign up to Stadia. APB seems to pander to people who have shit PCs and shit internet (see twitch) - it should be moving forward with the times. Not giving in to the old shit systems people have. 

did you forget the whole part where Unreal 3.5 and then Unreal 4 are moving things forward to embrace newer hardware?

Edited by Nitronik

Just now, Nitronik said:

did you forget the whole part where Unreal 3.5 and then Unreal 4 are moving things forward to embrace newer hardware?

if they migrate to Stadia it wont matter if you have the crappiest PC going - as long as it can run Chrome browser you can play ANY game on Stadia. No need for anything special what so ever! I can play the best looking and most graphic intense games on my Chrome Book at full speed!

Technology needs at least another 5 years for Stadia to be good enough. Latency, input lag.... no thanks.

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Seedy said:
1 hour ago, Seedy said:

how do you know this ?

I have 100meg.

From people that moaning at me, that broadcasting at 6mbps is too fast for their connection and they can't watch my twitch.tv stream.

Edited by Saxtus

How about not giving google more power than they already have? Tech giants already acting like a nanny state.

What we need is a worldwide system like that in south korea where you are required SSN.

Or require phone number verification through official apb app installed on the phone to avoid free online services that other verification.

inb4 "I dont have a cellphone"....this excuse is as bad as "the dog ate my homework".

So either people will need to steal someone elses SSN which will be real felony or endless supply of sim cards to continue cheating.

9 minutes ago, Sayori said:

How about not giving google more power than they already have? Tech giants already acting like a nanny state.

What we need is a worldwide system like that in south korea where you are required SSN.

Or require phone number verification through official apb app installed on the phone to avoid free online services that other verification.

inb4 "I dont have a cellphone"....this excuse is as bad as "the dog ate my homework".

So either people will need to steal someone elses SSN which will be real felony or endless supply of sim cards to continue cheating.

in the US you have these numbers but not across the world. In the UK we have NI numbers - the phone idea should be implemented though. 1 chance. then banned for ever.. you could only go through so many friends to say "hay I got banned from APB can i use your number"..

I feel as though there was zero thought put into how APB would be made ready to work on such a platform. Not to mention the cost and effort required vs the outcome. All games I've seen on the google stadia list so far are from major companies, I don't see how LO can afford this from any standpoint.  Nevermind the fact that the game still has major issues outside of performance and hacking (which isn't a major issue tbc). There is no instant cure to anything.

yes and no.

yes it would solve hacking (except triggerbots) because those people do not access those PC's and cannot apply hacks.

But it would not work well, depending on the latency such a gameplay experience with APB's short ttk's would simply not work.

ATM:

Game Server sends situation to you, --> your reaction is send to the Server, things happen on game server --> result of things happen return to you.

Cloud gaming:

Game Server sends situation to Cloud Computer, --> Cloud Computer sends Screen to you (which involves encoding and decoding)  --> your reaction is send to Cloud Computer --> Cloud Computer sends your reaction to Game Server --> things happen on game server and result is send to Cloud Computer, ---> result of things on Cloud Computer return to you.

Sooo many additional time consuming steps, this will break APB. Imagine you have a one way delay of 50ms. no en and decoding and no human reaction time. So Latency if connections are proper just double due to the "cloud in the middle"

When someone gets ambushed form behind, shoots at another character at time  0 because he can see that, then it takes 50ms to cloud CPU,  50ms to Server, 50ms to the others cloud CPU, 50ms to that players home, then this player reacts, and it takes again 50ms of the reaction to reach cloud PC, then 50ms from cloud PC to the game server.

So on an event that happens there are already 300ms gone before any reaction of that event can happen. now look at those min TTK some CQC weapons have, GL being half dead before your character can even react.

So no, on fast paced games cloud computing is a broken solution unless all the Cloud CPU's are also where the games server is located to make the extra delay between cloud CPU and Game server like 1-3ms.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Seedy said:

I have 100meg.

APB on Stadia - instant meme.
FYI even 100 megabit is NOT enough for lossless 1080p60 and above. Technology isn't here yet.

might as well bring back fairfight at this point if we're only gonna come up with horrible ideas to solve the cheating problem

i think people under estimate Stadia. Maybe you should watch this video

5 hours ago, Seedy said:

no one is going to thank you for this dumbass suggestion lol, i doubt google would even want apb on stadia - due to how it works and how many eyes are on it there's no way google is going to allow any games with such subpar performance as apb on the service

it also seems to require significant dev time (something apb can't afford) just to integrate games with stadia

zeXNhj9SZqFRW52zohokpE-650-80.jpg

(source)

looking at the numbers there are huge portions of the world that can't hit these speeds, and even if they can might not be able to use gigs and gigs of data just to stream apb

looking at an actual demo the performance is atrocious (altho not far off from apb performance :^)), i doubt anyone wants to play a competitive shooter in these conditions

an actual test seems to confirm these numbers

Google Stadia*    Google Stadia 15mbps**    Project Stream    PC 30fps    PC 60fps    Xbox One X
Latency                                   166ms*                188ms*                                179ms                 112ms       79ms          145ms
Latency (inc display lag)         166ms                  188ms                                  200ms                 133ms       100ms        166ms

(source)

this also won't prevent hacking, as the same colorbots can be used whether apb is client-based or streamed

stadia seems to be a subscription service (so apb will no longer be f2p) and there's no way of knowing how google will handle microtransactions

basically this just all around seems like a very poorly thought out idea you "brainstormed" after seeing the stadia "livestream" yesterday

Edited by Glaciers
typo
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Microtea said:

FYI even 100 megabit is NOT enough for lossless 1080p60 and above. Technology isn't here yet.

Google specs according to Wikipedia say 20Mbps for 1080p60.

What is your source?

4 minutes ago, Seedy said:

i think people under estimate Stadia. Maybe you should watch this video

Maybe you're over estimating it and are being blinded by advertisement

In 2019, product trailer/reveal vs reality can be very different. We all remember no mans sky, we all remember anthem. I'm sure there's countless other examples.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

no one is going to thank you for this dumbass suggestion lol, i doubt google would even want apb on stadia - due to how the it works and how many eyes are on it there's no way google is going to allow any games with such subpar performance as apb on the service

it also seems to require significant dev time (something apb can't afford) just to integrate games with stadia

zeXNhj9SZqFRW52zohokpE-650-80.jpg

(source)

looking at the numbers there are huge portions of the world that can't hit these speeds, and even if they can might not be able to use gigs and gigs of data just to stream apb

looking at an actual demo the performance is atrocious (altho not far off from apb performance :^)), i doubt anyone wants to play a competitive shooter in these conditions

an actual test seems to confirm these numbers

(source)

this also won't prevent hacking, as the same colorbots can be used whether apb is client-based or streamed

stadia seems to be a subscription service (so apb will no longer be f2p) and there's no way of knowing how google will handle microtransactions

basically this just all around seems like a very poorly thought out idea you "brainstormed" after seeing the stadia "livestream" yesterday

it won't prevent triggerbotting, but will prevent hacking. no wallhacks anymore, no aimbots anymore. Anything that actually requires hacking into the runtime files of APB would be gone.

Just now, LilyV3 said:

it won't prevent triggerbotting, but will prevent hacking. no wallhacks anymore, no aimbots anymore. Anything that actually requires hacking into the runtime files of APB would be gone.

triggerbotting is hacking, regardless of whether you're reading the game memory or analyzing screen elements

you're right that streaming the game would likely prevent any dll injection (limiting cheats) but to say that it will eliminate cheating altogether is obviously wrong

There is no doubt that streaming gaming platforms is the future, like Netflix-like services dethroned VHS/DVD rental, but currently we are making baby steps and I don't believe it's something that APB will be part of, at least any time soon. That wasn't the topic of this thread?

5 hours ago, Seedy said:

and will also instantly drive more people towards APB than any current type of advertising could even dream of  @MattScott

I don't understand, can you explain what you think the reason no one plays APB is?