chapeauviande77

Deployable Shield

hi everyone i have been playing apb recently and i have a few question did the deployable mobile cover got changed or something like that because when i press the button to use them i can't drop the mobile cover after it is used 

I hope someone can tell me if it's a rework or something else

The shields are having some issues at the moment. It might be better to just press the consumable button again and cancel your shield

Mobile cover is broke. 

Don't even equip it.

Consumable ammo boxes also suck atm. Cannot access inventory anymore. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

Use boom boxes, it's not broken lmao

24 minutes ago, Nagletz said:

They are broken, they disappear after some time 😞

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Consumable ammo boxes also suck atm. Cannot access inventory anymore. 

Which is a very healthy change to APB.

Now if only those wouldn't allow you to spam grenades so much...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chapeauviande77 said:

hi everyone i have been playing apb recently and i have a few question did the deployable mobile cover got changed or something like that because when i press the button to use them i can't drop the mobile cover after it is used 

I hope someone can tell me if it's a rework or something else

i had the same issue last night, but also after i tryed to use it , got stuck where i coulnt drop it, died with it in my hand, then when i respawned i was unable to enter cars (good thing i was 255, with car surf) unable to do the objective, unable to kick doors open, unable to jump fences, anything that required a press of the f button was not allowed, i was allowed to shoot tho , it finally fixed itself but i had to die 5 times (which was not hard due to the amout of hax this game has now and the fact that little orbit doesnt care and lets botters play)  so as cookie said, dont use it unless you dotn want to use the f key anymore

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

They don't supply nades the same either. It's a limited amount. 

I just hate not being ables to access my inventory. 

APB is a slow patootie game already, and having to constantly drive to car spawns and such to change weapons slows it down even more. Switching to orange ammo just removes all other orange mod options. 

Just a shit idea imo. 

Edited by CookiePuss

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

APB is a slow patootie game already, and having to constantly drive to car spawns and such to change weapons slows it down even more. Switching to orange ammo just removes all other orange mod options. 

Just a shit idea imo. 

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way. People usually counter this statement to say that weapon switching shouldn't be a thing but that is the exact reason that makes the consumable so good. If you decide to use something else, you're giving up the ability to switch weapons in favor of another pro found in another consumable. That goes for any of them, such as losing your +speed ability should you switch out your epi pen in favor of another.

Limiting grenades is a change I'm okay with seeing balanced. I enjoyed nade fighting someone else with a box, but it's understood why this had to be changed. 

3 hours ago, Nagletz said:

boogie bombs

46 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

APB is a slow patootie game already,

The game being slow does not equate to the game being bad. If you want instant twitch gameplay on every level, go play like CoD/BF or something. If anything, APB could do with being slowed down more... They had the right idea back in RTW, just needed to be executed better.

18 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

The game being slow does not equate to the game being bad. 

Well that's why I said it's slow instead of saying it is bad. 

It's the change to the consumable I find bad. 

4 hours ago, SobakaD said:

They are broken, they disappear after some time 😞

That's stupid, I finally find a good use for them and then they "expire" I thought they were solor powered : / who thought boom boxes needed "a nerf"

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Well that's why I said it's slow instead of saying it is bad. 

It's the change to the consumable I find bad. 

I disagree. Consumables were not a good idea to begin with, but the ammo consumable invalidates the orange ammo box. Also, people seem to have completely forgotten about putting ammo in their car, but that mod seems to be completely invalidated nowadays as well. I remember when teammates would actually comm to each other to drop their box so the other person could swap loadouts. Or you could just run a loadout that is robust enough that doesn't really require you to ever swap.

This game use to require people to think ahead about what they were doing.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nagletz said:

it only lasts 1 minute 😡

Edited by Dofus

i like how they said they were going to change consumables and now its a mixed bag of reactions.

its a shame they dont know what a playtest server is for

10 hours ago, crusade said:

I disagree. Consumables were not a good idea to begin with, but the ammo consumable invalidates the orange ammo box. Also, people seem to have completely forgotten about putting ammo in their car, but that mod seems to be completely invalidated nowadays as well. I remember when teammates would actually comm to each other to drop their box so the other person could swap loadouts. Or you could just run a loadout that is robust enough that doesn't really require you to ever swap.

This does seem to be the popular opinion.

I just personally don't like it. I'm a solo player 99% of the time, so I'm not able to coordinate or rely on teammates, which means I have to craft loadouts by myself. Of course, APB isn't designed for solo play, and yeah if you have a 3 or 4 man premade, you can obviously use the various mods at your disposal to more or less make up for the changes.

Still, I hate that I have to either use a character mod loadout that either means i have to stand by a car spawn every match until we get opp and I can see their loadouts, or waste my orange mod slot on ammo boxes, or my blue vehicle slot since I wont be able to rely on teammates to pick of the slack so to speak when it comes to mods.

Basically I'm spending a significant amount of mission time driving around to change weapons,  whereas before I could do it on the fly which for me made for a much more fast pace and dynamic gameplay experience.

And as far as having to plan ahead more on what I'm doing, for me that just means choosing ntec nearly every mission.

Edited by CookiePuss

18 hours ago, GhosT said:

Since ammo boxes have been introduced I came across maybe 3 nade spams and I can't remember them being successful.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Still, I hate that I have to either use a character mod loadout that either means i have to stand by a car spawn every match until we get opp and I can see their loadouts, or waste my orange mod slot on ammo boxes, or my blue vehicle slot since I wont be able to rely on teammates to pick of the slack so to speak when it comes to mods.

Your loadout should be chosen mostly based on the location, which you won't really know until you get the mission. Standing near a vehicle spawner before a match begins hardly seems inconvenient, and is probably only necessary if you are running CQC in Waterfront or a sniper rifle in Financial.

Basically I'm spending a significant amount of mission time driving around to change weapons,  whereas before I could do it on the fly which for me made for a much more fast pace and dynamic gameplay experience.

You shouldn't have to swap more than once or twice during a mission. Weapon swapping is important, but if you're doing it constantly you may not be making the correct choices.

And as far as having to plan ahead more on what I'm doing, for me that just means choosing ntec nearly every mission.

I was just saying that planning ahead isn't really a thing anymore.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, crusade said:

One of the biggest things in the game is team work, even if you're playing with randoms, you should at least communicate or coordinate some sort of plan. Knowing your environment, and opposition, as well as your teammates is why you make choices on your weapons at the beginning, or only once/twice per mission. If your team and you are all swapping weapons in excess of three times a mission, you're probably not planning well for any mission at all.

47 minutes ago, crusade said:

Your loadout should be chosen mostly based on the location, which you won't really know until you get the mission. Standing near a vehicle spawner before a match begins hardly seems inconvenient, and is probably only necessary if you are running CQC in Waterfront or a sniper rifle in Financial.

You shouldn't have to swap more than once or twice during a mission. Weapon swapping is important, but if you're doing it constantly you may not be making the correct choices.

More often than not, I've found my missions requiring me to spawn my car, or repair it afterwards anyways, or right before one too. If you're already knowledgeable about the map, and the gun game- then you should know what to walk into a gun fight with, as well as where you can resupply/stockup before another mission.

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

This does seem to be the popular opinion.

I just personally don't like it. I'm a solo player 99% of the time, so I'm not able to coordinate or rely on teammates, which means I have to craft loadouts by myself. Of course, APB isn't designed for solo play, and yeah if you have a 3 or 4 man premade, you can obviously use the various mods at your disposal to more or less make up for the changes.

Me too mate - but I've found that if you even try to start communicating with your teammates, they'll try to communicate back. At least some semblance of teamwork is better than non. In addition to that- when you're playing a mission, and "wait for opp" most of the time, you're at the end of a stage, else you're starting a new one. Stop by a car spawn or ammo supply between objectives, or you spawn as close to one as you can. There's more than enough around the map.

CHANGES/FIXES

Fixed Mobile shield cover to allow deploying

21 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Just a shit idea imo. 

Nah, it's a good idea and brings back some balance G1 destroyed.

Finally makes the previously useless Field Supplier and Mobile Supply Unit useful again.

1 hour ago, crusade said:

Agree to disagree. 

11 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Nah, it's a good idea and brings back some balance G1 destroyed.

Finally makes the previously useless Field Supplier and Mobile Supply Unit useful again.

More than my enjoyment I'd rather the game pick up some players. So hopefully this change is for the better. 

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Agree to disagree. 

More than my enjoyment I'd rather the game pick up some players. So hopefully this change is for the better. 

IIRC you joined APB after consumables were already added, right?

I can see why it feels like it's a stupid idea to change something that's in your case "always been there".

But when consumables arrived, they quickly changed the meta for the worse.

Everyone unequipped field supplier and vehicle ammo mods and started maining ammo boxes.

In the beginning people actually went and bought the medium ammo box in the joker store because you couldn't rack up as many as you can now, so that meta developed really fast.

Before that, grenades were more valueable and you made them count. Also, your loadout (especially as a team) weighted much more.

With the pre-nerf ammo boxes, you could just play whatever, constantly spam nades and switch guns depending on your position/stage.

Those and mobile cover really changed the meta. The cover was intended to reinforce a position, yet all it did was create a mini fortnite panic button you smash when you get shot from anywhere.

• Like 1