Rambokc

Receiving random [GIFT] weapons in mail

Hi there,

This is my first time posting on the new APB: Reloaded forums.

I logged in today after a week to find that I've received 3 messages in my in-game inbox. It looks like I've been given a 14-day trial for the following 3 weapons:

• OCA-EW 626 NFCP 3
  • Joker RFP-9 "Fang"
  • Joker RFP "Talon"

I did a quick look at the July Content Update post by Matt of Little Orbit and noticed that there are a couple of tweaks made to the above guns (in addition to the ACT 44 and Colby RSA).

Would it be safe to say that these three 14-day trial weapons I've received in my mail are legitimate and are meant for us to test in the prototype districts?

Let me know - I would not like to endanger my account by receiving gifted weapons acquired via illegitimate means.

Cheers,
Rambokc

• Like 1

Those 3 temporary weapons that were mailed to everyone upon logging in are indeed so that you can test out the changes in the weapon Prototype district.

~@mayii

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Amayii said:

Those 3 temporary weapons that were mailed to everyone upon logging in are indeed so that you can test out the changes in the weapon Prototype district.

~@mayii

Yea nice but why not limit them to the test district? The game is flooded with fangs now. Good idea giving the single best secondary in the game to everyone 👍👍👍👍👍

45 minutes ago, Rambokc said:

in addition to the ACT 44 and Colby RSA

there are no changes to these guns in the current round of balance tweaks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

there are no changes to these guns in the current round of balance tweaks

how did they misread that there were tweaks to this gun but didn't see that they were gifting the 3 weapons to everyone? 🤔

3 hours ago, Parthian said:

Yea nice but why not limit them to the test district? The game is flooded with fangs now. Good idea giving the single best secondary in the game to everyone 👍👍👍👍👍

so you can test the differences too?

there are other good secondaries too - plus, why not give everyone the same opportunity 🙂

2 hours ago, neophobia said:

so you can test the differences too?

there are other good secondaries too - plus, why not give everyone the same opportunity 🙂

Yeah, why not give the entire community a pocket OBIR? Really good idea you changed my mind completely. Wow. 👍

5 minutes ago, Parthian said:

Yeah, why not give the entire community a pocket OBIR? Really good idea you changed my mind completely. Wow. 👍

...its just 15 days...

now if people would only go in the testing districts and help test them.

i haven't seen anyone in there so i cant test them

2 hours ago, Parthian said:

exactly, so they can test the nerfs. you got it.

a weapon that was already obtainable by everyone and (effectively) only mildly better than the contact counterpart - so it is a good idea. nice that you agree and don't do a sarcastic statement that is just because your stubborn on your shortsighted opinion!

Edited by neophobia

2 hours ago, neophobia said:

exactly, so they can test the nerfs. you got it.

a weapon that was already obtainable by everyone and (effectively) only mildly better than the contact counterpart - so it is a good idea. nice that you agree and don't do a sarcastic statement that is just because your stubborn on your shortsighted opinion!

It's probably the most complained about weapon at the moment (the Fang). It's the one weapon that is almost universally thought to be out of balance and overpowered. Giving it out to everyone, while hilarious, was not at all a good idea.

Imagine giving the OP version of the Troublemaker to everyone, or the OP version of the nano. 

You don't need to compare the test version with the original, you simply need to test the prototype version and give your feedback on that.

I think LO didn't want to use OTW because people have to download and install a seperate client to use it. And I can only assume making the weapons only usable in the prototype districts is not an easy task. Though after this debacle, I wouldn't be surprised if next time they find a way to do it. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It's probably the most complained about weapon at the moment (the Fang). It's the one weapon that is almost universally thought to be out of balance and overpowered. Giving it out to everyone, while hilarious, was not at all a good idea.

Imagine giving the OP version of the Troublemaker to everyone, or the OP version of the nano. 

You don't need to compare the test version with the original, you simply need to test the prototype version and give your feedback on that.

it probably is - i would agree with that. still, it's not that much better (effectively) as the normal rfp, which still slaps.

i think it is a good idea. it was easy to obtain - and people who spent money to do so had all the time to "exploit" it as they please, have fun with it. now that it's going, might as well go all out and allow everyone to join in. can't just abuse it anymore if everyone has it

it's only for (maximum of) 14? 15? days.

i guess you don't need a comparison - but i think it's okay to show everyone why it needs a nerf and if/that their complaints were reasonable and they can see if the changes on prototype are effective and address the perceived issues well enough.

i guess you could just give them the updated weapon so they could be like "ah ye ok weapon, kills fast up to 30m, would play 6/10" which i guess would be enough and what they actually just need.

it doesn't seem like a toooooo hard task since they could give players weapons during events in certain districts since forever but eh. seems fine enough as it is. not much they can change now - maybe next time.

Edited by neophobia