quixxius

monitor for apb

Hey just want to hear your opinion is APB really worth getting 144hz monitor? currently I have 60hz monitor with beast pc. Would it increase my skill? xD

Not just for APB, get it for any game. If you have a "beast" of a PC, then it's somewhat wasted on a 60hz screen.

26 minutes ago, quixxius said:

Would it increase my skill? xD

meme

you do get a slight advantage since it allows you to react faster and track better - but to me it's mostly that it feels much more smooth, since those advantages are kinda lost on apb - you don't need super fast reactions in this game.

however - consider that your pc might not be able to run every game (including apb) at 144fps. csgo, league, dota and other competitive games are much less resource-intensive and probably will run at high fps on any given system - and in those games it also matters the most.

but for apb... eh. using a 144hz monitor just feels better overall tho. (be sure to actually make it run at 144hz though once you get it. you do need to set that in windows/nvidiaa control panel/etc)

but tbh, when i first got mine i didn't really notice a difference, except when i looked at my old screen again in comparison. (only have 120hz though, bought that aw3418dw 1-2 yrs ago)

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

144hz is a great quality of life upgrade for everything, even day to day usage. And it does allow the game to run at higher than 60fps

16 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

144hz is a great quality of life upgrade for everything, even day to day usage. And it does allow the game to run at higher than 60fps

^this^

Once you go above 60Hz, you will never want to go back. 

Even jumping to just 75Hz feels better. Won't make you a pro gamer or anything, but it's just a better gaming experience. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

65 is da best dont listen to um..playn apb 8 years now like that 😛

But you still bad after 8 years of playing so you should upgrade and try to get some skill 

• Like 1

monitor 65hrz from 2011,graphic nvidia GT 1030,processor i5,playn on windows 7,keyboard more than 10 years old and mouse for 10-15 bux..and still a bit above average skill(cant compete with the best ofc)so no thx im ok(internet also not super fast-50mb/s)

Edited by TheMessiah

144hz is definitely worth it to have.

5 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

144hz is definitely worth it to have.

especially nowadays when it costs as much as 60hz used to cost a few years ago.. totally worth it.

1 hour ago, zyde said:

especially nowadays when it costs as much as 60hz used to cost a few years ago.. totally worth it.

Hardly... Good  IPS panel with 144hz is still expensive. And one will need to spend a lot of cash for modern implementation of VA that comes close to IPS colors. TNs are cheap but colors are washed out even on the more expensive ones. 

13 hours ago, Sayori said:

Hardly... Good  IPS panel with 144hz is still expensive. And one will need to spend a lot of cash for modern implementation of VA that comes close to IPS colors. TNs are cheap but colors are washed out even on the more expensive ones. 

but for gaming TN is totally fine.

i went IPS but especially if you only play games/watch some shows on your pc sometimes and are on a budget, going IPS is quite unreasonable.

Anything below 120/144hz is unacceptable for gaming in 2019 (as long as you can afford it).

So yes, absolutely, not just for APB but for ANY activity that involves your PC. There are no downsides and only MASSIVE upsides. Get a new monitor ASAP.

• Like 1

really is worth the upgrade. Everyone who've upgraded from 60 to 144 will tell you there is a big difference.

Just moving the mouse pointer around after setting the new monitor to 144 hz you can already tell a big difference. Go for it.

Edited by SilverCrow