Jilleroo

Eva's Pitch: WE NEED SEASONS + SEASONAL REWARDS!

Hiya, welcome to my thread! Ws0c8Nr.gif  

2023 Update:   Matt has addressed some elements of this topic in his recent thread, but

there's still room for some more changes I feel are important! ❤️

The whole threat system is so stupid. The difference between a Gold 10 and a Gold 1 is literally the difference between a legend and someone just barely above Silver, but there's no prestige to it. There's no REASON to aim for that pinnacle. This is purely my opinion, so take it as purely an opinion piece, but I have to talk about a common mentality about something very specific; the feeling of unhappiness after an APB session and why we endure it.

When I started playing this game ages ago, I went from Trainee to Gold. Ever since, I've been put up against brutal adversaries and I have never attempted to dethreat. I strive to be at least above average in games I play, but in APB... There is no reason to really care. When I'm grinding to get Diamond in League of Legends and I get on a lose streak, my drive to get there keep me playing. In APB, I sometimes question why I have to deal with the hardest opponents the game has to offer, but get nothing for working so hard to win.

1. Reveal people's actual ranks and use a better system than 4 colors to display their prowess. No other game has 4 measly ranks (does Green even count?) to sort its entire player base. I myself am curious as to what my actual standing is and every other game would tell me, but I'm just a Gold, but that could mean very different things because of the range it encompasses.
  2. Incentivize actually wanting to become "great" in this game, make it feel rewarding to actually give a crap about how good you do and never give up in sometimes brutal missions.
  3. Increase district population caps and remove the segregation entirely; with the use of phasing you can keep that "living world feel", but the server won't die from the strain. It's so hard to balance a match (and give decent queue times) if the viable opposition pool is a measly 40 50 (updated) people.
  4. Leaderboards; we need 'em. I'm not saying right away, but I would love some actual leaderboards for personal standing as well as clan statistics.
  5. Make clans actually matter. Clans should get rewarded if they win scrims against other clans in structured matches with half-points (lingo for switching sides).

Slowgirl.pngLittle bit about me:

I'm more of a lurker on this forum and play the game fairly leisurely, but that doesn't stop me from kicking patootie in-game and I fancy myself a fairly strong player who gets matched up against some very, VERY strong opposition DAILY. Some recognition for holding ourselves to this ideal is justified and my opponents deserve it, they're seriously amazing.

I know there's mission balancing issues (among other things), but this is something that seriously needs to be addressed. People will stop logging in eventually.

Now, I want to emphasize that this is purely just my opinion and I'm not coming at this from an angle to "connive" for some goodies, but rewarding players for superb sportsmanship and excellence as a concept goes beyond just video games. If you want to succeed, you have to apply yourself and never give up. There's people in this community who deserve this recognition more than I.

k5HLtAu.gif

@MattScott ask yourself this; if you had to bust your patootie to prove yourself everyday, but got literally zero recognition for it, how long until you felt it wasn't worth it? A gold medal Olympic athlete has something they're working toward, but some people in this community have that same drive and passion, but they don't. They don't get anything... no one cares.

I'm not surprised people want to dethreat; like water, humans love the path of least resistance...

Little Orbit doesn't allow suggestion threads to be replied to after a certain period (for whatever reason, even though they're still relevant).

I would LOVE to read your thoughts on my thread, but LO will just keep deleting them (I talked to Ritual about this, should be good to go now.)

[7/31] @HelloPie wrote: "I may be late, but I second that. Modern developers should take an example from other projects. For example, Fortnite. There are videos on Youtube where people explore the Fornite's popularity phenomenon. I really recommend everyone to look into that."

Edited by EvaPooh
LO mods have been culling replies to my thread without my notice.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Hey mods, please stop pruning my thread or replies. I talked to Ritual about it (cause it was troubling) and they said the replies are fine.

Thanks! ❤️

On 8/18/2019 at 9:27 PM, EvaPooh said:

1. Reveal people's actual ranks and use a better system than 4 colors to display their prowess. No other game has 4 measly ranks (does Green even count?) to sort its entire player base. I myself am curious as to what my actual standing is and every other game would tell me, but I'm just a Gold, but that could mean very different things because of the range it encompasses.
  2. Incentivize actually wanting to become "great" in this game, make it feel rewarding to actually give a crap about how good you do and never give up in sometimes brutal missions.
  3. Increase district population caps and remove the segregation entirely; with the use of phasing you can keep that "living world feel", but the server won't die from the strain. It's so hard to balance a match (and give decent queue times) if the viable opposition pool is a measly 40 50 (updated) people.
  4. Leaderboards; we need 'em. I'm not saying right away, but I would love some actual leaderboards for personal standing as well as clan statistics.
  5. Make clans actually matter. Clans should get rewarded if they win scrims against other clans in structured matches with half-points (lingo for switching sides).

1. Valorant rank system and MM is a very good example, they shoul copy and adapt it.
2. Exclusive season items are a really nice idea

3. 100 people in a district is already a lot in my opinion, dont know how this would work
4. Seasonal Worldwide Leaderboards / Only friends Leadearboars / Seasonal Clan Leaderboards. it would be perfect and people would tryhard for that. It would be easier for LO to identify cheaters implementing the K/D on those leaderboards.
5. Thats an idea i had a long time ago with my clan but neve posted about it, IT IS ONE OF THE BESTS. having a clan give you the community building/manager feeling and when people get rewarded for being part of something they just want to keep being part of it. a nice addon too would be to add more roles for clan members.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1