Basih

Cyrillic is a problem

2 hours ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

4e5b8d7403e85d0cde6e856a40e5fcf0.png

What I meant to say by "worldwide" is that it is the defining international language that most people use when they don't share mother tongues 🙂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Glaciers said:

opzione 3: consentire a tutti di usare caratteri speciali nei nomi e nei nomi dei clan

Option 4: give the possibility to move your account in jerico

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gazzzzzz said:

Option 4: give the possibility to move your account in jerico

that seems like a dumb option, why would you leave the server with more pop and better latency

LO breaks stuff in an update? No way?!

Reporting someone doesn't seem to do much anyway, and most likely over half reports are just coming from people who get pwned.

btw shields have also been broken ever since the last patch but you know who cares

6 hours ago, Clandestine said:

Then you allow other cultures letters in your game???

That's not respect. That's favoritism.

That is not giving unfair preferential treatment towards anyone who speaks a foreign language.

It would be favoritism towards English to be bias towards other languages.

That's what favoritism means : an unfair preferential treatment.

53 minutes ago, ch4ncer said:

Nope, Cyrillic is not a problem, prove me wrong. 

its no different than any other language.

50 minutes ago, Ketog said:

Im just saying.

I like this idea just so if we want to talk its easier , just like group or team chats to me

6 hours ago, Basih said:

Yup it is, good thing too. The issue needs immediate attention! 

it does.  After maybe they can allow all characters for players names.

8 hours ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

Pretty sure they're referring to the most spoken INTERNATIONAL language.

Not that a normal person would understand what that means in the first place...

Hello

I have moved this topic to the Game Suggestions section.

- Mina_

9 hours ago, Flaws said:

What I meant to say by "worldwide" is that it is the defining international language that most people use when they don't share mother tongues 🙂

Citadel is a server that is region specific to Europe.

Screenshot_20190819-110818_Chrome.jpg

10 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

Citadel is a server that is region specific to Europe.

Screenshot_20190819-110818_Chrome.jpg

How does that contradict what I wrote? When a Russian wants to talk to a German they generally have to speak in English.

Edited by Flaws

7 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

its no different than any other language.

You just said it yourself.

Russian is no different than any other language but it's been given special treatment

Edited by Clandestine

2 hours ago, Flaws said:

How does that contradict what I wrote? When a Russian wants to talk to a German they generally have to speak in English.

1. citadel is not a world server, it's region specific therefore doesn't have to apply international language rules.

2. Since its a region specific server, under your exceptions for language rules it would be common sense to restrict citadel to russian since it is the most used language in the region.

So to sum it up: English is actually not the "most common" language of citadel or the eu therefore should not be restricted to it.

Actually being able to communicate is irrelevant to this topic. They could easily communicate with any language that they have both learned including russian and German.

2 hours ago, Clandestine said:

You just said it yourself.

Russian is no different than any other language but it's been given special treatment

its not being given special treatment

you just dont want it to exist to begin with

1 hour ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

Actually being able to communicate is irrelevant to this topic

isn't there a country that knows 12 different language and not one of them is English ?

1 hour ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

1. citadel is not a world server, it's region specific therefore doesn't have to apply international language rules.

2. Since its a region specific server, under your exceptions for language rules it would be common sense to restrict citadel to russian since it is the most used language in the region.

So to sum it up: English is actually not the "most common" language of citadel or the eu therefore should not be restricted to it.

Actually being able to communicate is irrelevant to this topic. They could easily communicate with any language that they have both learned including russian and German.

What are you even talking about?

The most "popular" language in a region has zero relevance to any of this. Europe contains many countries with many different languages which means that there is still a language that is used to communicate between people from different countries and that is still English. When you are from Poland and you go to Sweden, without knowing a word of Swedish, you have to speak English because no one will understand your Polish and they are much more likely to understand English (than Polish lol) due to how internationally popular English is. It's the same in my country, all foreigners speak English to natives (like stores, shops, food places, asking for pictures etc) here because they don't speak a word of Bulgarian. Seeing as that is common practice across the world, English is THE international language that is most commonly spoken between people from different countries. It's one of the reasons why English is taught in schools in non-english speaking countries as well, like my own.

Neither APB nor Citadel are country specific, therefore the only logical decision is to primarily use English language and if anything is getting restricted, it would be to English language. That's pure common sense. You go on the Internet, play games which have players from all over the world and most of them will not be from your own country and will not speak your native language (unless that's English already). So what do you do? You wait for all those people to learn your country's language so you can communicate with them? That has never been and never will be the case lol.

Just because Russian is spoken the most in this region:

A) Does not mean that everyone speaks Russian in all of EU.

B) Does not mean that everyone is going to learn Russian just because of that sole reason in order to communicate with each other, seeing as we already have English for that very purpose.

TL;DR: When dealing with people who are not from your own country and don't speak your country's language, the only logical way to approach is to speak English.

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

its not being given special treatment

you just dont want it to exist to begin with

isn't there a country that knows 12 different language and not one of them is English ?

Being able to use rus characters in a nick while you can't do it with any other languages is not special? Wow. At this point just keep replying to yourself. I won't waste my time on ignorant.

51 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

Being able to use rus characters in a nick while you can't do it with any other languages is not special? Wow. At this point just keep replying to yourself. I won't waste my time on ignorant.

Yes yes we get that you say "Russians bad" geez

its the only thing you've really said.

maybe restore the report button command directly on score tab?

NAH....is too hard.

(test before? nahhhhhh! )

6 hours ago, Clandestine said:

You're pathetic lol

So it would absolutely never occur to you that the matter at hand could be infact aided with an extended solution / add-on to the report function, or having the ability to bring up a brief menu where every player is selectable and from there on out they can be reported and rightfully take their deserved consequences.

If you were a doctor would you put a person down, knowing that only a leg or an arm can be amputated and this person can continue to live.

Shift off already you hypocritical bigot.

4 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

maybe restore the report button command directly on score tab?

NAH....is too hard.

(test before? nahhhhhh! )

^ or this, basically.

• Like 1

I asked G1 to include Cyrillic for Russian players , now I see this as a problem . Russian Teens really flooded with garbage chat district .

what is chat district ? this is an information channel for the whole district . disable the chat area for ordinary players or make private channels have limited language packs .

Edited by olo

On 8/18/2019 at 3:14 PM, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

that's just the count of native speakers tho

Merged.

+1 to main poster, alphabet coding needs update

easy add a player show menu on the esc menu and allow it to open the list of players in the server and next to their name the report add and ignore buttons