Kestrain

Stop 255s from being on Missions

On 8/17/2019 at 5:54 AM, DeadPixels said:

Yeah i mostly play solo nowadays and most of my gold teammates play like silvers, so what's the point in having gold. Make new players green and other players silver, problem solved xD

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!@

On 8/21/2019 at 12:39 AM, Solamente said:

80 players is a low population pool for matchmaking to choose from, without phasing that population pool will never change no matter how many active players there are in total

On 8/21/2019 at 12:44 AM, Darkzero3802 said:

Uh, back in 2013,14, 15 we had 100 players to pull from and this same thing happened.

Since players could always manually choose districts instead of using the automated, threat based sorting mechanics, they constantly broke matchmaking. Phasing is, probably, the end-all solution to this issue, because it will finally not matter if players manually select a district.

Off course the easier solution would've been to simply turn off the "Choose district" window years ago. Then, depending on which threat system existed at the time, players would've been assigned to a district which mostly fit their level of skill.

The only downside to this system was that districts wouldn't adjust their average (or median) threat level as players joined and left. So the longer a district existed the more likely it would host some players outside the intended skill-range. For example high-threat players who joined with an average-low-threat group, but eventually continued solo or even started inviting other high threat players into the district. At this point they would actually circumvent automated player distribution and break the system; some did this intentionally back during early beta (or maybe late alpha) days when manual district selection did not yet exist, wasn't prominently displayed or was not well known.

1 hour ago, Revoluzzer said:

The only downside to this system was that districts wouldn't adjust their average (or median) threat level as players joined and left

that and getting put into an empty district 

12 hours ago, Solamente said:

yesterday was in citadel . 110 players of which 95 % gold just stand in the social area and you claim that you have no opponents ?

7 hours ago, olo said:

yesterday was in citadel . 110 players of which 95 % gold just stand in the social area and you claim that you have no opponents ?

first off i play on jericho

second, there will almost always be empty districts to get put in because players gravitate towards the ones with the most pop

Today i playd 2 missions on citadel.In first oposition was so bad -didnt had a chance.In 2nd match 2vs2 and both crims was dethreaters.I dont playd 3rd cause probably this time opos. will be way above my skill so sht mission again.This 3 scenarious are like over 90% of all missions u can get in apb this days

On 8/22/2019 at 1:50 PM, Revoluzzer said:

Since players could always manually choose districts instead of using the automated, threat based sorting mechanics, they constantly broke matchmaking. Phasing is, probably, the end-all solution to this issue, because it will finally not matter if players manually select a district.

Off course the easier solution would've been to simply turn off the "Choose district" window years ago. Then, depending on which threat system existed at the time, players would've been assigned to a district which mostly fit their level of skill.

The only downside to this system was that districts wouldn't adjust their average (or median) threat level as players joined and left. So the longer a district existed the more likely it would host some players outside the intended skill-range. For example high-threat players who joined with an average-low-threat group, but eventually continued solo or even started inviting other high threat players into the district. At this point they would actually circumvent automated player distribution and break the system; some did this intentionally back during early beta (or maybe late alpha) days when manual district selection did not yet exist, wasn't prominently displayed or was not well known.

And not having the ability to choose districts means that your automatically thrown into a low pop or dead district which then the game would have died off even quicker and dethreating would be an even bigger issue then it is now (look at how Riot went without being able to choose). G1 leaving the ability to choose district was actually a rare smart move on their part.

5 hours ago, Solamente said:

second, there will almost always be empty districts to get put in because players gravitate towards the ones with the most pop

the problem is not the completeness of the districts - the problem is the rules and their observance 

Edited by olo

On 8/17/2019 at 4:16 AM, Kestrain said:

It's getting really annoying getting back into this game after 3 years, going into Silver districts, and losing EVERY GAME to Gold tryharding 255s. 

this has to stop, Remove the Treat System, Put 255s in their own little World and keep them the fuck out of Silver Districts. 

"Oh but Kes, why don't you just 'git gud?' "I hear some of you furiously typing at me. 

it's hard to "git gud" When the weapons you have aren't shit, They take more damage than possible, and they have way more skill than you could even compete with. 

255s need to get fucked off and locked to their own District, or be forced to sit out on missions/Kept out of missions. 

I watched a Gold Detreat, go into WF Bronze the other day, and trash a few new players. 

why 255? why not 195 for top tier mods? why not 80 for certain vehicles?

lol

On 8/22/2019 at 9:27 PM, Solamente said:

15 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

And not having the ability to choose districts means that your automatically thrown into a low pop or dead district

This was not an issue when most players used the automated distribution system, because it put players of similar skill into the same districts.

It wouldn't be a problem today either, because the system still works fundamentally the same. It would simply throw everyone into the district of their threat colour. And since people of similar threat end up in the same districts the matchmaking system wouldn't struggle so much to find appropriate opposition.

9 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

This was not an issue when most players used the automated distribution system, because it put players of similar skill into the same districts.

It wouldn't be a problem today either, because the system still works fundamentally the same. It would simply throw everyone into the district of their threat colour. And since people of similar threat end up in the same districts the matchmaking system wouldn't struggle so much to find appropriate opposition.

So basically you have districts of about 20 ppl max with long wait times to que to have an opposed mission. Yea thats not a problem at all #sarcasm

On 8/24/2019 at 9:56 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

So basically you have districts of about 20 ppl max with long wait times to que to have an opposed mission. Yea thats not a problem at all #sarcasm

You don't have long matchmaking times when everyone in the district is at a similar threat level. Is this so hard to understand? It's a simple quality over quantity solution.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 5:10 AM, Aeronaut said:

so new threat levels would be:

1. people who play shooting games

2. people who don't play shooting games

not gonna lie, some people look really lost out there sometimes. like they're using a controller or something.

i've used a steam controller, i swear i can do better with its horrible aim system and getting 0-3 kills than some of these people who complain on forums about being silver.

On 8/18/2019 at 3:24 AM, DeadPixels said:

Again not a good idea, especially since there are still so many players who dethreat in this game. 

By playing this game for a long time i noticed three things. Even if you are a good player, it really depends a lot on how good your and the enemy teams are + on the spot where the objective is. It's up to you and your whole team to cooperate and adjust to the situation. Sure one good player can do a lot by himself, but he can't do everything...teamwork is always the key to success!

exactly, your team needs to coordinate with you to play the "bait n die" for you to kill the enemies!

Trust me I don't enjoy killing lost silvers either. I'm all for threat district lock like in the good old days. Not sure why was it ever removed in the first place.

On the other hand if we all just started going to gold district instead of spamming for 10 minutes to join a full silver one, there wouldn't be a problem.