Kestrain

Stop 255s from being on Missions

13 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

Imagine what would happen if phasing was put up..every bronze dist player would be put up with  silver dist players and against silver dist players.

I agree. Phasing is going to be a rude awakening for all these vets playing in bronze. I hope they are ready for it. 

cant wait tbh when i can kill seedy 😄 no more hiding in bronze disrict getting easy kills.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Rank is not an indicator of skill.

A high rank player should be good enough at the game to compete with the average Gold player, though. The bar is low enough.

Restricting high ranking players to their own districts wouldn't solve anything anyway. You can just stop ranking up avatars below R255 by pledging to a maxed out contact. Or create a new avatar, as others have suggested (although you'd lose a bunch of customisation, then).

8 hours ago, Kestrain said:

It's getting really annoying getting back into this game after 3 years, going into Silver districts, and losing EVERY GAME to Gold tryharding 255s. 

this has to stop, Remove the Treat System, Put 255s in their own little World and keep them the fuck out of Silver Districts. 

"Oh but Kes, why don't you just 'git gud?' "I hear some of you furiously typing at me. 

it's hard to "git gud" When the weapons you have aren't shit, They take more damage than possible, and they have way more skill than you could even compete with. 

255s need to get fucked off and locked to their own District, or be forced to sit out on missions/Kept out of missions. 

I watched a Gold Detreat, go into WF Bronze the other day, and trash a few new players. 

I don't know if you are on the NA servers, but silver and bronze are the only two options.  The population is so small there aren't enough people to fill a bronze, silver, and gold district half way.

As for rank disparity I agree.  Drop all mods and vehicles to rank 85 so the fights can be fair.

I've always thought that the solution would be to keep R195+ players from playing with people before R195.. And if grouped with someone lower than R195, then they'd suffer the same restrictions. Just to keep the many try hard max rank players from ruining less skilled players' fun. When people get to R195 though, I'm not sure how to balance matchmaking from there other than the shitty that system being reworked. 

Skill is reflected in your threat color most of the time.

Gold would mean you can maintain high scores in missions and have a good amount of wins. Basically keeping your invisible K/D/R high enough to stay Gold. These players are somewhat familiar with the game's mechanics.

Silvers are usually frowned upon, they are not consistent in matches and do not get very good mission end scores. They haven't gotten used to the game's mechanics yet. They come in a few varieties, there are Decent Silvers who eventually learn to game to become Gold, Braindead Silvers who are too slow to read chat and ruin the missions for their teammates and the rare few who dethreat to play in Bronze District.

Bronze players are usually pitied on as they will usually be recognized as beginner players and have absolutely no idea of what they're doing, even annoying Silvers sometimes.

Silver Rank 255s just mean that they have played the game a lot and unlocked a lot more things but they cannot beat a skilled low rank Gold reroll with default weapons.

Edited by JazzLand

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Little Orbit has plans for reworking phasing and matchmaking to where people get paired with those of the same skills

You mean how matchmaking is currently supposed to be pairing us?

16 hours ago, JonSnowKing said:
  1. Gold = Gold server
  2. Silver = Silver server 
  3. Bronze = Bronze server
  4. Delete green rank

I would NEVER delete the noob rank

I would however rework it to apply better for the noobs so that they get fair matches

telling a noob he has to be a higher rank than what he truly is , is what caused this mess on APB as much as anything else so no thank you.

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I agree. Phasing is going to be a rude awakening for all these vets playing in bronze. I hope they are ready for it. 

popcorn for when it happens please

Merged.

10 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

A high rank player should be good enough at the game to compete with the average Gold player, though. The bar is low enough.

I've seen a few 266s bronzes in bronze (one in particular is 255 from throwing missions intentionally while being non afk)

The ones I am referring to cant hit the ops unless they get lucky , and a few suggested 20 fps or less.

in this case the 255 really does not indicate skill.

thats why I am hoping for phasing to come soon so that people get matched up better to equal opponents

• Like 1

Settle for playing against weaker skilled opponents and you will never improve. Play against people better than you and make an actual effort to improve and you will literally improve over time by default. Don't blame the better players for putting in more work than you or learning the mechanics faster. You will literally default your way to gold if you stop raging and giving up every time a gold beats you up. Also it's pretty common to see silvers immediately giving up the moment they see they're vsing a gold player. Stop selling yourself short. You're better than that. I sound like a fucking life coach right now, wtf. You can do it lol. If you dont believe in yourself, believe in someone who believes in you lol. 

Nothing is more heartbreaking in APB than seeing a 255 bronze player.

12 hours ago, Kestrain said:

It's getting really annoying getting back into this game after 3 years, going into Silver districts, and losing EVERY GAME to Gold tryharding 255s. 

Why do you think they are Gold? Duh?

this has to stop, Remove the Treat System, Put 255s in their own little World and keep them the fuck out of Silver Districts. 

That would literally solve nothing. In fact that would make it so the people that have invested years would either stop, or reroll, and still stop your lame patootie.

"Oh but Kes, why don't you just 'git gud?' "I hear some of you furiously typing at me. 

it's hard to "git gud" When the weapons you have aren't shit, They take more damage than possible, and they have way more skill than you could even compete with. 

Best weapons in the game are handed to you at Rank 3. STAR and FBW. Git gud.

255s need to get fucked off and locked to their own District, or be forced to sit out on missions/Kept out of missions. 

Then they reroll, and still do it to you. Duh?

I watched a Gold Detreat, go into WF Bronze the other day, and trash a few new players. 

And what you suggested would make it easier for them to do that. Your noodle. Use it.

Being 255 makes no difference. It is as people here have said earlier only an indication of how long you've played. Truth be told 195 is the real max rank because it is the last rank in which you earn something that gives you an advantage (Purple mods, Low yields etc. ) 

Edited by Basih
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

It does currently work that way. Just too many varying threat levels on the same district. You have the range going from Bronze 1 to Gold 5. Matchmaking was designed for Bronze 1 - 10. 

1 hour ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

And what you suggested would make it easier for them to do that. Your noodle. Use it.

chicken parmesan please

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

1 hour ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

It does currently work that way. Just too many varying threat levels on the same district. You have the range going from Bronze 1 to Gold 5. Matchmaking was designed for Bronze 1 - 10. 

pretty much this.

it has to take into account who is available and with phasing it should take in everybody in all similar districts available for a more fair matchmaking

hopefully that phasing can also link us across the pond to those who have good enough connection as well for a even larger matchmaking pool.

14 hours ago, Nitronik said:

Last time they enforced that, we lost half our playerbase. No thanks.

Ohhhh hoh hoh this is my chance the third. Both other occasions people in question just vanished so here we go again.

Maybe you can finally share some details on your declaration!

quote/

I really wonder where this comes from. Loved that time and somehow it ended up as a collective dark time of APB?

Tried to do some digging but sadly old blog and patchnotes seem to have been lost due to takeover and stuff.

On reddit I found two possible time stamps about introduction of threat segregation:

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

-Threat segregation *Joker Ticket activities in mission districts

Friday, July 19, 2013

-Threat segregation

Source

As for the end it's luckily one of the first available patch notes

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

-Players are allowed to move down a district threat level again.

Source

Let's ignore the usual seasonal swings and that the gold rush event pushed it's peak in August 2013 I still fail to see the genocide of the playerbase.

In fact it looks like it started to go downhill from threat segregation removal? Am I missing sth. what am I missing?

aLD8ZL5.png

/quote

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Let's ignore the usual seasonal swings and that the gold rush event pushed it's peak in August 2013 I still fail to see the genocide of the playerbase.

In fact it looks like it started to go downhill from threat segregation removal? Am I missing sth. what am I missing?

it looks like the biggest chunk left after gold rush ended but before segregation ended, and didnt bother to come back until the xmas events

Edited by Glaciers
typo

10 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

it looks like the biggest chunk left after gold rush ended but before segregation ended, and didnt bother to come back until the xmas events

Doesn't add up. Downhill started somewhere September. Gold Rush ended early August (27th July - 2nd August) if people left after that the average would be lower.

As I said I accounted for the influx of event players.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

Just now, TheJellyGoo said:

Doesn't add up. Downhill started somewhere September. Gold Rush ended early August if people left after that the average would be lower.

As I said I accounted for the influx of event players.

so there was a whole month for people (mostly golds i imagine) to realize that segregation sucked and leave

looks like a majority left in the 18 days before it ended in september which seems about right to me - august was probably spent playing with shiny new stuff bought from the gold rush, but the shine wore off

i wouldn't doubt that there were people who left after segregation ended tho since im pretty sure other districts got flooded with lower level golds trying to "escape" cheaters

6 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

so there was a whole month for people (mostly golds i imagine) to realize that segregation sucked and leave

looks like a majority left in the 18 days before it ended in september which seems about right to me - august was probably spent playing with shiny new stuff bought from the gold rush, but the shine wore off

i wouldn't doubt that there were people who left after segregation ended tho since im pretty sure other districts got flooded with lower level golds trying to "escape" cheaters

Hm, possible but imo to far-fetched. Think it would take people over one month to come to the conclusion (even while having a new toy) that segregation is not to their liking?

Seems more reasonable that people that could experience the joy of gold free silver districts got fed up with the change to have golds back in their districts.

Either way I cannot spot the so called genocide of the playerbase. Sure some will leave either way - question is who should we have let go to built a healthy population.

Keep the ones that dethreat and don't like segregation because they want easy opposition leading to a further and further declining population over time or have a chance to built something

after cutting out that cancer keeping the people willing to play in their respective districts (not saying this would have saved APB but I know with which one I would have taken my chances).

1 minute ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Hm, possible but imo to far-fetched. Think it would take people over one month to come to the conclusion (even while having a new toy) that segregation is not to their liking?

Seems more reasonable that people that could experience the joy of gold free silver districts got fed up with the change to have golds back in their districts.

Either way I cannot spot the so called genocide of the playerbase. Sure some will leave either way - question is who should we have let go to built a healthy population.

Keep the ones that dethreat and don't like segregation because they want easy opposition leading to a further and further declining population over time or have a chance to built something

after cutting out that cancer keeping the people willing to play in their respective districts (not saying this would have saved APB but I know with which one I would have taken my chances).

i agree for the most part

i also think segregation would have been significantly more popular if fairfight was implemented first (whether it remains today is arguable but apb did have a very serious cheater problem under punkbuster) but hindsight is 20/20 i guess

17 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

i agree for the most part

i also think segregation would have been significantly more popular if fairfight was implemented first (whether it remains today is arguable but apb did have a very serious cheater problem under punkbuster) but hindsight is 20/20 i guess

True, there would have definitely needed to be more actions than just those changes to have positive longterm impact.

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

popcorn for when it happens please

But you are exactly the kind of player I was talking about.

Yeah dude!!! Just delete the game from users' computer when they reach level 255!

2 minutes ago, ZoriaDunne said:

Yeah dude!!! Just delete the game from users' computer when they reach level 255!

That's how you win APB. You are granted your freedom.