Lign

Prototype districts are already dead

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Sorry guys, got a bit emotional there. I guess I'm just worried that "I didn't need to test it" isn't going to be enough to guide LO where we want them to go.

If that's the conclusion LO will reach then we have much bigger problems

8 hours ago, illgot said:

That's the attitude we look forward to from SPCTSA.

Yeah sorry about that. I took everything way too personally yesterday. You guys were right to call me out.

what if, instead of making empty test districts, just make a copy of the guns, add "test" to the names and change their stats and let people use them in normal missions

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, supermariobrothe said:

what if, instead of making empty test districts, just make a copy of the guns, add "test" to the names and change their stats and let people use them in normal missions

That is the only option for the NA server.

15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Sorry guys, got a bit emotional there. I guess I'm just worried that "I didn't need to test it" isn't going to be enough to guide LO where we want them to go.

Not to worry, just like you, I want this game to progress so I can feel your frustration towards players who refuse to help guide the game in the right direction. I said in the other thread:

On 8/15/2019 at 4:01 PM, iRawwwN said:

I'm not reading 5 more pages with this laggy POS forum so:

RFP didn't need a range buff. I don't care that it was slightly nerfed with less damage. The RFP 'Fang' was annoying due to the effective range of it. I really don't want to be fighting more RFP's.

I already knew before testing the weapon that it wouldn't be a good change. The RFP does NOT need any more range that it already has. The Fang is a big problem, so adding range basically buffed the RFP (the TTK  wasn't really the problem). It's the fact that it can be such an annoyance at the range. The RSA and the ACT44 need to be viable, but with the RFP/Fang being so good at long range (and qsing being removed) they aren't all that common.

Yeah, for large updates that completely change the meta with weapons, players should test them. Only after SPCT gets to test them though, and we need SPCT that know how each gun /should/ function and what LO needs to do. But small changes like these that can be seen clearly on paper, does not need players to test them before people can say it's 'terrible' or 'a bad decision'.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

Not to worry, just like you, I want this game to progress so I can feel your frustration towards players who refuse to help guide the game in the right direction. I said in the other thread:

I already knew before testing the weapon that it wouldn't be a good change. The RFP does NOT need any more range that it already has. The Fang is a big problem, so adding range basically buffed the RFP (the TTK  wasn't really the problem). It's the fact that it can be such an annoyance at the range. The RSA and the ACT44 need to be viable, but with the RFP/Fang being so good at long range (and qsing being removed) they aren't all that common.

Yeah, for large updates that completely change the meta with weapons, players should test them. Only after SPCT gets to test them though, and we need SPCT that know how each gun /should/ function and what LO needs to do. But small changes like these that can be seen clearly on paper, does not need players to test them before people can say it's 'terrible' or 'a bad decision'.

We won't get proper spct. Most of them don't main the game anymore and was invited to the team for being famous in the past but afaik LO didn't discuss the new balance with spct before putting it on live

Edited by Lign

3 minutes ago, Lign said:

We won't get proper spct. Most of them don't main the game anymore and was invited to the team for being famous in the past but afaik LO didn't discuss the new balance with spct before putting it on live

Everyone I work with in SPCT still plays the game regularly. 

And no one was added just for "being famous". Every member has extensive knowledge of the game, it's history, weapon / vehicle / mod stats, advanced game strategies etc. And on top of that they are willing to give their personal time to do the incredibly tedious work of testing for bugs. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Everyone I work with in SPCT still plays the game regularly. 

And no one was added just for "being famous". Every member has extensive knowledge of the game, it's history, weapon / vehicle / mod stats, advanced game strategies etc. And on top of that they are willing to give their personal time to do the incredibly tedious work of testing for bugs. 

I don't want to discuss it publicly but to be honest I don't trust to some of spct

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lign said:

I don't want to discuss it publicly but to be honest I don't trust to some of spct

Ahh, fair enough. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Ahh, fair enough. 

Just if we compare spct and the current high skill level they barely hit mediocre. Not all of them but mostly

Edited by Lign

2 minutes ago, Lign said:

Just if we compare spct and the current high skill level they barely hit mediocre. Not all of them but mostly

That's probably true, I'd only rate a few as top tier, and I'm not one of them. 

Maybe because the fact is, we want the engine upgrade and nothing else. IMO, i don't care about any of this stuff they are releasing, just release the engine upgrade, better graphics and a new map district already, geez.

1 hour ago, Lign said:

I agree that some of the SPCT aren't the best and there are a few that I don't believe belong there but not every SPCT has to be a top-tier player. The game should not cater towards the casual player, 100%, but to say that 'average' Golds get no say is kind of silly. If you're Gold you have some sort of understanding of the game which is what should be a requirement for SPCT. Guns should work in a competitive way and it should take time to master them, but they should also not be hard to learn.

(It's hard to learn a weapon though when so much of it is based on RNG)

The SPCT is only as good as LO lets them be, and honestly we don't have that good a community for LO to pick from.

hello big owner here where do i sign up for spct

6 hours ago, LAPDAlonso said:

Maybe because the fact is, we want the engine upgrade and nothing else. IMO, i don't care about any of this stuff they are releasing, just release the engine upgrade, better graphics and a new map district already, geez.

I thought you quit... Again. 

5 hours ago, Glaciers said:

hello big owner here where do i sign up for spct

I'd support that. 

If you want to get people to do what you want them to do, you better give them a good reason to do so. In this case, give careless people a reason to care. Give them an incentive to sit and play in those districts over the regular ones by rewarding them with something decent for example. Even if they don't all run OCA/RFP setups, they will be there as test subjects for those who are interested in actually helping the game and using those loadouts. It could be double mission rewards (think of it as a double XP weekend) or Joker Tickets for that matter (considering the Joker Store updates recently, it would be a big incentive). It's not that hard really. And in APB's case, you can't hope the mass majority of people to do anything on good will. All they want is the rewards they can get. 

• Thanks 1

Honestly, I haven't tried the new districts because I already know what the RFP is going to be like just by looking at the changes. I don't need to try the changes to know they're silly. Might try the OCA out a bit though.

12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Um when did test districts go live?

I missed the memo that we were going to do that so I didn't even know they were a thing  for this testing going on

17 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Um when did test districts go live?

I missed the memo that we were going to do that so I didn't even know they were a thing  for this testing going on

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:29 AM, GhosT said:

Or you could just.. you know.. go through years of apb history (which they did), or check the current outrage against that gun, and balance it with feedback in mind.

Almost everyone that complained about it adressed its accuracy and range. Even LO/Matt acknowledged that it has too much range.

Now what do they do? Increase bursts to kill and give it a massive range buff, which absolutely no one asked for. Oh, and they've chosen such a huge buff that it actually has more range than the OBIR, too.

Like, what?

On the topic of public testing with such a small playerbase, that simply doesn't work if you don't reward the players in one way or another, and actually force them to play the new guns. If you give players a free choice of weapons, they'll make sure to meta loadout the hell out of everyone, completely negating the actual purpose of the district. Has happened in every single prototype district under G1 and LO now.

//Edit: Oh, and as others have said - these RFP changes in particular don't need to be tested. You can already see it's a horrible change just by reading what they've done to it. You don't always need to test something to see the obvious issue.

yay pocket OBIR?

meanwhile ACT 44 trying to hit stuff at 70m

not only are the test districts empty to where i cant help test

but quite a few dethreated golds are feeding off of others in bronze with those guns now

On 8/17/2019 at 9:07 PM, CookiePuss said:

I thought you quit... Again. 

I'd support that. 

If you ever seen me in the game, i always say i am taking a break or leaving again until something good happens. I never ever said i was officially quitting the game, i just take breaks from it. Even when i said a long time ago that i was retiring from APB, i also said i will check back 2 years later to see if anything new happens. obviously nothing is happening.

So on that note, despite what i said, what i have been saying since G1Blackbeard was fired, and when the old threat system was removed, that they killed the game and looking now into the future, i was right. I am always right. If you don't believe it, so be it, but the numbers don't lie. They should have never removed the old G1 team, and they should have never removed the old threat system and beautiful graphics( monte) .  Now in 2019, the new team, is releasing all this other nonsense instead of what we want. Wake up, geez. I know what i am talking about it, i said it years years ago what would happen and boom, its happening. meaning nothing.

Its also 2020, nobody is getting any younger.

Edited by LAPDAlonso