Lign

Prototype districts are already dead

who would've known, the "changes" make no difference whatsoever.

9 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

everybody are using the trial weapons in normal missions and FC(ill do :P)

This and also your rewards are limited due to fixed heat level.

do they really need to be populated? there was only like 3 (shitty) changes

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

do they really need to be populated? there was only like 3 (shitty) changes

it was only populated for like 45 mins to an hour. 

i guess not but that means the only people able to experience the changes were the people who were able to log in first.

Just now, Aeronaut said:

it was only populated for like 45 mins to an hour. 

i guess not but that means the only people able to experience the changes were the people who were able to log in first.

tbh if there's not a single person you can ask to help you test stuff why even bother testing, you aren't going to get much cooperation from random opp imo

This is upsetting to me.

Little Orbit has given the entire player base a chance to get involved in weapon balance.

Pages and pages of people giving their opinion on weapons they hadn't even tried yet, and once testing started and people got the guns mailed to them, no one went into a prototype district and everyone just uses the free guns in mission and FC districts.

At this point no matter what LO decides to do with thr RFPs, if you dont like it, you have no one to blame but yourselves.

OrLAKFI.gif

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CookiePuss said:

This is upsetting to me.

Little Orbit has given the entire player base a chance to get involved in weapon balance.

Pages and pages of people giving their opinion on weapons they hadn't even tried yet, and once testing stared and people got the guns mailed to them, no one went into a prototype district and everyone just uses the free guns in mission and FC districts.

At this point no matter what LO decides to do with thr RFPs, if you dont like it, you have no one to blame but yourselves.

OrLAKFI.gif

You don't need to be Einstein to predict that rfp with 65m and fang 72m drop range is too much. It doesn't need range at all, I played yesterday for 2 hours, it's so op

Edited by Lign
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

The game must be hell for the people that actually play it now. I can imagine 90% of the population is running the Fang.

Edited by Parthian

12 minutes ago, Lign said:

You don't need to be Einstein to predict that rfp with 65m and fang 72m drop range is too much. It doesn't need range at all, I played yesterday for 2 hours, it's so op

Quoting for emphasis.

Anyone with an ounce of actual experience in this game (to say nothing of people like myself and many others who have tens of thousands of hours in it) can look at the stats on paper, and derive a fairly clear picture of what will pan out in actual gameplay.

Now the shotgun overhaul on the other hand, that's something that might require some actual gameplay to really shake out as it's changing mechanics on how the guns function.

• Like 1

Gently incentivize the player for playing on Prototype.. 

..next time postman needs to deliver on his door he will get lost because it clearly states "San Paro" on the address.

Edited by JungleFlaco

On 8/16/2019 at 9:45 PM, CookiePuss said:

This is upsetting to me.

Pages and pages of people giving their opinion on weapons they hadn't even tried yet, and once testing started and people got the guns mailed to them, no one went into a prototype district and everyone just uses the free guns in mission and FC districts.

Anybody who stormed out this idea with RFP out of his butt deserves a T-threat banana award.   Removed violent content.   - Mina_

Dont blame community for company incompetence.

This upsets ME, and u can take urself and the rest of ur SPCT team to test this 3 changes all day, cuz "WE" are NOT required to test something for anybody. And if YOU and LO screw it up, oh you guys will god damn feel it

NOBODY ASKED FOR RFPRANGE BUFF. What the hell!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2019 at 9:48 PM, Lign said:

If you played it in normal mission districts, it had the normal live stats.

They only have the test stats in the test districts.

And it isn't just a range increase, its all an skt/ttk increase.

On 8/17/2019 at 12:25 AM, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Anybody who stormed out this idea with RPF out of his butt deserves a T-threat banana award.   Removed violent content.   - Mina_

Dont blame community for company incompetence.

This upsets ME, and u can take urself and the rest of ur SPCT team to test this 3 changes all day, cuz "WE" are NOT required to test something for anybody. And if YOU and LO screw it up, oh you guys will god damn feel it

NOBODY ASKED FOR RPF RANGE BUFF. What the hell!!!!!

Cool story.

Now i hope these changes go live, you bastards deserve it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

This is upsetting to me.

I feel like most people just join the prototype districts, equip the guns, shoot them for 5/10 minutes (maybe even do a mission,) and then leave. I can't really blame them though.

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Cool story.

Bruh, use your mind. It’s not hard to understand that I was talking about testing districts Where I had been playing for two hours

Edited by Lign
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lign said:

Bruh, use your mind. It’s not hard to understand that I was talking about testing districts Where I had been playing for two hours

Sorry Lign... Im a bit triggered I think.

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Sorry Lign... Im a bit triggered I think.

Even if I wouldn’t be playing in testing districts, it’s still predictable that rfp will be broken with such drop range without needs in test. Imagine if LO released patch notes where they made hvr 1stk and ppl spammed pages of whining before servers coming online that it will be broken and there’s no reason to even try to test it. Would you say the same about people “giving their opinion on weapons they hadn't even tried yet” as you said in your first comment in this topic?

Edited by Lign

RFP changes was not a nerf. All I saw was matches were people went RFP only (I don't think i actually saw a single oca...) Yeah, I'd much better prefer my version of a "RFP" nerf. RTW's Burst rate for rfp.

"RTW Burst Fire"

Edited by Zolerox
added video link thingy

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

This is upsetting to me.

Or you could just.. you know.. go through years of apb history (which they did), or check the current outrage against that gun, and balance it with feedback in mind.

Almost everyone that complained about it adressed its accuracy and range. Even LO/Matt acknowledged that it has too much range.

Now what do they do? Increase bursts to kill and give it a massive range buff, which absolutely no one asked for. Oh, and they've chosen such a huge buff that it actually has more range than the OBIR, too.

Like, what?

On the topic of public testing with such a small playerbase, that simply doesn't work if you don't reward the players in one way or another, and actually force them to play the new guns. If you give players a free choice of weapons, they'll make sure to meta loadout the hell out of everyone, completely negating the actual purpose of the district. Has happened in every single prototype district under G1 and LO now.

//Edit: Oh, and as others have said - these RFP changes in particular don't need to be tested. You can already see it's a horrible change just by reading what they've done to it. You don't always need to test something to see the obvious issue.

Edited by GhosT
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

This is upsetting to me.

I don't agree with the changes, so why would I spend my time testing them? Clearly me not playing the game speaks more than my voice on these forums.

It should be like previously in Baylan shipping... And they could just aswell replace normal fightclub for the time being

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lign said:

Even if I wouldn’t be playing in testing districts, it’s still predictable that rfp will be broken with such drop range without needs in test. Imagine if LO released patch notes where they made hvr 1stk and ppl spammed pages of whining before servers coming online that it will be broken and there’s no reason to even try to test it. Would you say the same about people “giving their opinion on weapons they hadn't even tried yet” as you said in your first comment in this topic?

2 hours ago, Zolerox said:

RFP changes was not a nerf. All I saw was matches were people went RFP only (I don't think i actually saw a single oca...) Yeah, I'd much better prefer my version of a "RFP" nerf. RTW's Burst rate for rfp.

"RTW Burst Fire"

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

Or you could just.. you know.. go through years of apb history (which they did), or check the current outrage against that gun, and balance it with feedback in mind.

Almost everyone that complained about it adressed its accuracy and range. Even LO/Matt acknowledged that it has too much range.

Now what do they do? Increase bursts to kill and give it a massive range buff, which absolutely no one asked for. Oh, and they've chosen such a huge buff that it actually has more range than the OBIR, too.

Like, what?

On the topic of public testing with such a small playerbase, that simply doesn't work if you don't reward the players in one way or another, and actually force them to play the new guns. If you give players a free choice of weapons, they'll make sure to meta loadout the hell out of everyone, completely negating the actual purpose of the district. Has happened in every single prototype district under G1 and LO now.

//Edit: Oh, and as others have said - these RFP changes in particular don't need to be tested. You can already see it's a horrible change just by reading what they've done to it. You don't always need to test something to see the obvious issue.

2 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

I don't agree with the changes, so why would I spend my time testing them? Clearly me not playing the game speaks more than my voice on these forums.

Sorry guys, got a bit emotional there. I guess I'm just worried that "I didn't need to test it" isn't going to be enough to guide LO where we want them to go.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Cool story.

That's the attitude we look forward to from SPCTSA.

4 minutes ago, illgot said:

Two whole districts to test 3 weapon changes in a game where we in NA have a hard time filling two districts during prime time... of course it failed.

We barely have enough population for the regular game.

Edited by illgot

Maybe if we go RFP only for the rest of the week to show them it's too powerfull that'll "bump" their charts a bit.

I'm expecting them to test out the next "tweaks" using the weapon district (thunder rfp+ and jg/csg) even though they are planned for the "engine upgrade"

Edited by Zolerox