Prometheus2011

Fallen Earths Potential

4 hours ago, Puku said:

On old Icarus forums PvP-ers dominated. Most of the changes were pushed by them. All the combat changes, changes to the factions etc. In the endless chase for "balance" devs ended up removing all the diversity from the game tbh. I remember I even tried to cope with the combat changes, but worst change, after which I know many crafters left, was the change to the resource distribution. Making that random, meant wiping all the knowledge which people had gathered about the map. I had so many notes, about what resource was spawning where. To discover that took a LOT of travelling around.. But that knowledge was instantly gone.. and after that change to get some resources, you HAD to go to the PvP zones(before nothing was exclusive to the conflict towns, but you could get it quicker there). I and several others refused to play target practice for PvP guys. Even though on the forums everyone assured, that if you make PvP unavoidable, every PvE guy will go to PvP zones. The hell they did, it is entertainment, when it doesn't entertain you, you look at competition. 🙂 The resource fiasco they tried to make good with those points of interests which appeared randomly on map and spawned goodies(can't remember how they were called), but that was pretty poor solution.

So, basically what has lead Fallen Earth here, has been extremely poor management, where those in charge didn't know anything about their customers and just let them direct by a vocal minority on the forums.

I guess this is why the majority of players I see today are PvPers... isn't that a coincidence 😐

Edited by Shrubs

7 hours ago, Puku said:

On old Icarus forums PvP-ers dominated. Most of the changes were pushed by them. All the combat changes, changes to the factions etc. In the endless chase for "balance" devs ended up removing all the diversity from the game tbh. I remember I even tried to cope with the combat changes, but worst change, after which I know many crafters left, was the change to the resource distribution. Making that random, meant wiping all the knowledge which people had gathered about the map. I had so many notes, about what resource was spawning where. To discover that took a LOT of travelling around.. But that knowledge was instantly gone.. and after that change to get some resources, you HAD to go to the PvP zones(before nothing was exclusive to the conflict towns, but you could get it quicker there). I and several others refused to play target practice for PvP guys. Even though on the forums everyone assured, that if you make PvP unavoidable, every PvE guy will go to PvP zones. The hell they did, it is entertainment, when it doesn't entertain you, you look at competition. 🙂 The resource fiasco they tried to make good with those points of interests which appeared randomly on map and spawned goodies(can't remember how they were called), but that was pretty poor solution.

So, basically what has lead Fallen Earth here, has been extremely poor management, where those in charge didn't know anything about their customers and just let them direct by a vocal minority on the forums.

Wow yeah pvpers pushed all those changes they disliked! That poor old combat change that drastically effected pvp and in basically every instance was disliked by pvpers. Yeah those changes to factions when most pvp groups wanted factions to mean more not less...but it was those pesky pvpers not lazy/incompetent devs. Yeah that resource change that pvpers also disliked as they also had node spots but that was pvpers as well because apparently all we want to do is fire at fish in a barrel...like citadel lol, but yeah it totally wasn't the devs at the time starting another 'part 1 of 3' project.

Yeah man those pvpers actively being against all these changes in some form, but yeah they rallied for them and loved them all! Ahh how wonderful it must be to be that out of touch and disillusioned.

16 hours ago, Shrubs said:

I guess this is why the majority of players I see today are PvPers... isn't that a coincidence 😐

Blaming the PVPers when the Devs actually made those choices... that's kinda ignorant.

Most content put out since G1 took over was PVE related, only "PVP" changes were numbers to weapons/armors/skills/mutations.

Any changes towards factions, F2P, and otherwise was their attempts to make more money.

And to be fair, every single game in the MMO market has always given PVP the benefit as "Higher Risk, Higher Reward.", Dome is the only complete update and is purely PVE.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MICFILLER said:

Wow yeah pvpers pushed all those changes they disliked! That poor old combat change that drastically effected pvp and in basically every instance was disliked by pvpers. Yeah those changes to factions when most pvp groups wanted factions to mean more not less...but it was those pesky pvpers not lazy/incompetent devs. Yeah that resource change that pvpers also disliked as they also had node spots but that was pvpers as well because apparently all we want to do is fire at fish in a barrel...like citadel lol, but yeah it totally wasn't the devs at the time starting another 'part 1 of 3' project. 

Yeah man those pvpers actively being against all these changes in some form, but yeah they rallied for them and loved them all! Ahh how wonderful it must be to be that out of touch and disillusioned. 

Obviously it were the devs, who ultimately made the decision, thats why I wrote this as last: "So, basically what has lead Fallen Earth here, has been extremely poor management, where those in charge didn't know anything about their customers and just let them direct by a vocal minority on the forums. "

You guys may have disliked the outcome, but that doesn't change the fact, that you guys were always complaining about the current state of the affairs(be it before the changes, or after), most vocal was Wolves of War leader (Subzero-something? details are bit fuzzy, its been almost 10 years by now), of course because of that whole clan of theirs was cheering for everything he said. :) The combat was mostly complained about, how dodge sucked and how it was not shooter-like.. how there were too many skills. Guess what, it was changed.. coincidence? Then there were people, who joined Fallen Earth, but couldn't let go of the previous shooter they were playing, Planetside was one of the games, which was always brought up as example, what direction FE should go. You guys were complaining, how those pesky PvE crafters were roaming around freely getting all the goodies and how it would benefit the game, when some best materials were exclusive to the PvP zones. Because apparently it would be fun for the PvErs to come there and try to get the mats, while PvP-ers try to snipe them down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Puku said:

Obviously it were the devs, who ultimately made the decision, thats why I wrote this as last: "So, basically what has lead Fallen Earth here, has been extremely poor management, where those in charge didn't know anything about their customers and just let them direct by a vocal minority on the forums. "

You guys may have disliked the outcome, but that doesn't change the fact, that you guys were always complaining about the current state of the affairs(be it before the changes, or after), most vocal was Wolves of War leader (Subzero-something? details are bit fuzzy, its been almost 10 years by now), of course because of that whole clan of theirs was cheering for everything he said. 🙂 The combat was mostly complained about, how dodge sucked and how it was not shooter-like.. how there were too many skills. Guess what, it was changed.. coincidence? Then there were people, who joined Fallen Earth, but couldn't let go of the previous shooter they were playing, Planetside was one of the games, which was always brought up as example, what direction FE should go. You guys were complaining, how those pesky PvE crafters were roaming around freely getting all the goodies and how it would benefit the game, when some best materials were exclusive to the PvP zones. Because apparently it would be fun for the PvErs to come there and try to get the mats, while PvP-ers try to snipe them down.

I'm still standing by you are saying it was from the influence of the pvpers, when in reality the devs tended to be stubborn and have poor planning capabilities and tended to go the lazy/bandaid route rather than address the situation so it was for their own decision making rather than anything pvpers said.

Yeah zerogravityse complained alot and I wouldn't be surprised about dodge being changed, but likely the devs nerfed this because old dodge was more detrimental to pve than pvp. Although maybe old dodge trivializing all content at the time was a good thing? Ahh the good old days of agroing entire camps of on level mobs and staggering dodge continguency plans to not take any damage, and if you are against a boss just debuff their weapon skill and buff your dodge and watch as el cadejo never hits a single time. You also forget that although zero cried incessantly he had large amounts of opposition who defended the combat system(then again this is likely where prom's ""high up" clan leaders" come into play).

Also too many skills I believe the general complaint was there was too much redundancy so depending on the type of skill there was only resource risk rather than value risk due to the number of clone skills(like stuns).

I don't remember any large discussion thread about how 'valuable mats' should only be in pvp zones to lure pvers. If anything this wouldn't be seen as beneficial by most functioning members of the pvp community due to this not only hurting their own crafters, but ultimately doing little to help what they were aiming for. There were discussions about how to make conflict towns valuable or more valuable, but these tended to be based around factions to my memory and didn't veer into 'exclusive material' territory. There is the chance this was another situation of a random suggestion the devs decided to implement even though it's a trash idea, but that is iffy.

Then again let's just ignore that every single one of these situations were typically changed poorly and in a lazy way that could also be tied to larger issues to make it easier on the devs. Dodge and that system with pve. Too many skills as that would require tweak balancing which they never did. Mats being moved to random generators is easier for them to control or not concern themselves with. These systems in every situation were degraded rather than improved in any real way.

Is there a purpose to arguing why X was changed and who wanted Y implemented? Maybe Im just being silly in thinking it would be more productive to identify improvements for FE as the game stands today.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kitsae said:

Is there a purpose to arguing why X was changed and who wanted Y implemented? Maybe Im just being silly in thinking it would be more productive to identify improvements for FE as the game stands today.

If we can identify these moments in past, where Fallen Earth started going wrong way, this is also good information to know in the future.. if nothing else, then at least to know what to avoid.

In any case.. I wish the new owners all the best and hopefully they manage to recreate the game, which offered many-many hours of entertainment in the past. :)

• Like 2

On 6/10/2018 at 9:53 PM, Shrubs said:

You might want to look again, most players are PVE.

On 6/11/2018 at 5:35 AM, Puku said:

If we can identify these moments in past, where Fallen Earth started going wrong way, this is also good information to know in the future.. if nothing else, then at least to know what to avoid.

In any case.. I wish the new owners all the best and hopefully they manage to recreate the game, which offered many-many hours of entertainment in the past. 🙂

Or simply to place blame where it was not required.

But needless to say they definitely need to consider the feeling from a PVE and PVP standpoint.

At the same time this is an MMO.... Sucks to suck of a PVE'er can't solo group content inho. (This was an complaint in the past about any group based content being added)

To say that most of the game is white or black is really absurd.

Who says that most of the population is pve has to be a person with personal prejudices as if it were on the opposite side.

The game itself is dual in the fields pvp and pve or if that is the idea that the game has in its base.

It is very clear that during this year and the almost three previous ones, when the pvp population has left the game, that the population has dropped

drastically to some painful numbers of players. I have seen comments that some very good resources are in the pvp zone and that you do not play pvp they

have to go there and they can shoot you ..... that's scary !! Oh my goodness!!

for the love of god, risk is something normal and is something that should be seen as good and not as bad.

The pvp has fed many clans social / crafters all these years, since these generate food / ammunition / drink / etc resources that are bought by these others

, and of course that those who devote to pvp integrally sell the objects of pvp to buy the others. Anyway, everything has a dualistic line and progression in  both things.

I repeat what I always say, instead of looking more at pvp or pve would have to look more in the field of factions and start to improve by there:

Someone has thought of things like:

- Leader of faction (this person can expel factional people with motives and thus avoid the bad roll of fights between the same faction)

- Remove dt points instead of not giving dt when you kill the same faction,

- Give to the armor / weapons of faction the greatest power being a requirement of reputation very high to equip them

.... little things like these are the ones that would really help the game, given that right now what there are stupid battles of clan omni against clan omni, they are wars of clans not of factions,

in the wars of factions everybody is involved in them because of their simple belonging to the faction, in clans it is more exclusive to the clan people.

Important thing : should not be allowed to those  people with 8 separate characters in different factions with this player being the typical "rat player", so the faction leader is very necessary.

19 minutes ago, NysekZePope said:

Or simply to place blame where it was not required.

But needless to say they definitely need to consider the feeling from a PVE and PVP standpoint.

At the same time this is an MMO.... Sucks to suck of a PVE'er can't solo group content inho. (This was an complaint in the past about any group based content being added) 

Nope, actually no blame.. if anything, then it was more like "You were told so." :) And no, don't take that "You" personal.

1 hour ago, Aroa Croft said:

Who says that most of the population is pve has to be a person with personal prejudices as if it were on the opposite side.

The game itself is dual in the fields pvp and pve or if that is the idea that the game has in its base.

It is very clear that during this year and the almost three previous ones, when the pvp population has left the game, that the population has dropped

drastically to some painful numbers of players. I have seen comments that some very good resources are in the pvp zone and that you do not play pvp they

for the love of god, risk is something normal and is something that should be seen as good and not as bad.

The pvp has fed many clans social / crafters all these years, since these generate food / ammunition / drink / etc resources that are bought by these others

, and of course that those who devote to pvp integrally sell the objects of pvp to buy the others. Anyway, everything has a dualistic line and progression in  both things.

I repeat what I always say, instead of looking more at pvp or pve would have to look more in the field of factions and start to improve by there:

- Leader of faction (this person can expel factional people with motives and thus avoid the bad roll of fights between the same faction)

- Give to the armor / weapons of faction the greatest power being a requirement of reputation very high to equip them

.... little things like these are the ones that would really help the game, given that right now what there are stupid battles of clan omni against clan omni, they are wars of clans not of factions,

in the wars of factions everybody is involved in them because of their simple belonging to the faction, in clans it is more exclusive to the clan people.

Important thing : should not be allowed to those  people with 8 separate characters in different factions with this player being the typical "rat player", so the faction leader is very necessary.

Why would faction armor be the strongest when it doesn't cost anything to make?... I do admit armor at 55 should be a bit more scaled towards progression not away from it. But I wouldn't think 720k would need to match GT... Let alone be above it as we already hit cap with cali 7 + 183 AU (59% with 170)

37 minutes ago, NysekZePope said:

Why would faction armor be the strongest when it doesn't cost anything to make?... I do admit armor at 55 should be a bit more scaled towards progression not away from it. But I wouldn't think 720k would need to match GT... Let alone be above it as we already hit cap with cali 7 + 183 AU (59% with 170)

Faction itself is for pve and pvp ( lets say pvpers use faction for do fun fights and pvers use faction for make missions and craft exclusive faction items)

Said this, game itself is faction based and game mechanics need make players choice a faction............... why i say this you are asking? because  it will make game open for everyplayer ingame.

Gt is op compared to other armors in game, here enters ( 1 million cost dt armor and  armor wich requires 720k faction to equip)

sincerely i see more dificult to equip/make  faction armor or dt armor than Gt armor. Its is so EASY to make gt armor, you just need 1 or 2 weeks in outpost.

How many time you can spend to make equip dt armor ( 1 million dt?), how many time you can spend to make craft faction armor( to craft i not say its dificult but for equip you need a big big big head ache or a heartatack)

Faction leader is very necesary too, a person who control state of game in 1/6 factions can be very good for experience and playerbase, pointing a direction for " alliances and focuses".

Game need recover essence as it was, game  mechanics can help alot in this case.

Faction leaders can control, in same case, to that player who are know cheaters, not allowing them to go in faction.

Making a strong comunity, will help to game take off to neverland, thats my opinion

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aroa Croft said:

Faction itself is for pve and pvp ( lets say pvpers use faction for do fun fights and pvers use faction for make missions and craft exclusive faction items)

Said this, game itself is faction based and game mechanics need make players choice a faction............... why i say this you are asking? because  it will make game open for everyplayer ingame.

Gt is op compared to other armors in game, here enters ( 1 million cost dt armor and  armor wich requires 720k faction to equip)

sincerely i see more dificult to equip/make  faction armor or dt armor than Gt armor. Its is so EASY to make gt armor, you just need 1 or 2 weeks in outpost.

How many time you can spend to make equip dt armor ( 1 million dt?), how many time you can spend to make craft faction armor( to craft i not say its dificult but for equip you need a big big big head ache or a heartatack)

Faction leader is very necesary too, a person who control state of game in 1/6 factions can be very good for experience and playerbase, pointing a direction for " alliances and focuses".

Game need recover essence as it was, game  mechanics can help alot in this case.

Faction leaders can control, in same case, to that player who are know cheaters, not allowing them to go in faction.

Making a strong comunity, will help to game take off to neverland, thats my opinion

I agree with factions needing an overhaul, or buffing, but the ways you've suggested is not the way forward.

Do you even read what you're writing? 

5 minutes ago, Kayleigh Stanway said:

I agree with factions needing an overhaul, or buffing, but the ways you've suggested is not the way forward.

Do you even read what you're writing? 

what about?

i just say game mechanics must be focused in faction ( making each faction armor oriented to something as pistols/rifle/melee/heals...... as originally it was)

Dt armor must be oriented as originally it was, for pvp only.

Lets say in that  old times you can even compare all level 55 armors Dt vs faction vs stage 2 armors..... even you could compare with " volatile ones"..................... ALL them were comparable.

Actual GT is NOT comparable with any other.

I can buy for NERF Gt armor  to make more variety of armor ingame.

Kay, think about faction leader, as old player you are, you know about not much years ago condemned was who leaded faction chota, or lb faction was controled by red alerts clan, all clans had a leader, and game worked very good that times.

Faction leader is a great idea for controling game, is like 6 moderators in game 24 hours ;D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kayleigh Stanway said:

Having faction leaders would never work.

Yeah that's not gonna work

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kayleigh Stanway said:

Get outta here noob !!

❤️

On 6/9/2018 at 5:48 PM, Sang said:

"I'll buy that for a dollar!" One of my all time favorite movie quotes right there <3.

I need to see everything this Wayback Machine has on the old forums now that I am back home from the hospital. The wifi there was better then I expected but I missed my desktop and family (maybe not in that order) very much.

I plan to be as active in FE as my recovery allows, if the docs say I have to undergo chemo/rad therapy again then like last time, I will probably start handing out all my tasty dt cookies in pvp like I did last time I had cancer and beat it. There is something about emerging from the cloner that heals me IRL 😄

Speaking of pvp, I remember the early alpha days when we spoke to all the main devs on a very casual daily basis and the interest they showed in FE's pvp was actually greater then in pve. We were requested to spend a great deal of time engaging in it by the devs with focus on how it affected the server at first, then weapons ect.. but yeah pvp was a huge interest to them in the beginning, PvE not so much. 

When we first went into closed beta and the border to sector 2 opened for the first time they made the epicenter of learning new knowledges for everything in New Gallows, so in order to get the new goodies we ALL had to go into pvp land. 1

You also have to consider that this WAS still during the conception vs reality period of the newborn game and the ideas of the devs were dancing among the clouds with idealism only to come crashing down from a big shot in the patootie called realism.

Get well Sang,

Yeh since even before release, icarus was so focussed on pvp. After release it was trying to get crafters and even pvers involved in pvp.

The very vocal pvp forum community (which was a majority of forum users) helped to scew their perspective as FEs playerbase being mostly pvpers.

Pvpers had the most reason to use the forum, so their voice was the loudest.

For my part i advocated the development of pve at every opportunity up until icarus sold the game. Icarus knew and confirmed the pve side of things was lacking, so its not like they were oblivious.

As mentioned in my OP, i have them the data gathered and statistical reason for hundreds of people quitting. I knew it. Icarus knew it. Every other clan leader knew it.

Pvp burnout or not interested on pvp and no pve content at engame. Quit.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 11:08 PM, Aroa Croft said:

I really enjoy reading your nonsense. It makes my day to know my dog is smarter.

There is around 50 people online atm. Of those maybe 9-10 PVP. The rest are PVE players. You could stand flagged for hrs in the middle of Embry right now and not get attacked.

Work in facts honey, not fiction. Or perhaps it is you that harbors prejudice beliefs.

Most people that left in the last 3 years did go because there was lack of care from G1. No events, missing rewards, no Gms, etc. Not because there was no PVP. Its been the same people PVPing pretty much all the time since then. Not much has changed. And when those handful of PVPers log off, guess what the main body of players left are still in the game? Yep thats right PVE players. FE has a few people returning because of new owners, which is great but numbers have not increased that much.

Lack of PVP hasn't killed the game. Lack of content, oversight, LAAAAAAG, boredom and many other reasons. That is why people left.

As to thinking that people who do not ever wish to PVP suck it up for the risk of materials in PVP zones, do you ever stop to think that them having to do something they never ever find enjoyable as being an issue for them? Do you realise it ruins their fun in the game for being forced into PVP when they don't enjoy it? No one seems to like it when non combatants enter Bloodsports because they feel it ruins their fun, not having an opponent fight back. The same goes for PVE. Why should pvers be forced to fight when it isn't their idea of fun? Many pvers are happy crafting, exploring, gathering mats and would never ever enter a pvp zone if they could avoid it. Its a game and we all play games for enjoyment. What one finds fun, another may not.

Having characters in different factions is fun. Allows for players to experience the game in its entirety. The added bonus is being able to collect faction only nodes for materials. A lot of players with toons in many or all factions do it for the storyline, to immerse themselves in all the lore. The removal of such freedom of choice would be disastrous. Making it so you couldn't do that anymore is kind of pointless and would make many players angry.

I can't remember a time in the years that I've played that there wasn't omni clans going against each other. Considering you don't get DT for killing your own faction, think a lot of it was just for the fun of the fight. Isn't the point of a game fun? Why stop people from doing just that, considering it isn't harming anyone nor the game? Population is so low, making it that you have to have Faction only clans etc would lead to an imbalance within Factions. More so than what there is now.

Faction Leader? Really? Just no.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 9:24 PM, Kayleigh Stanway said:

Actually. Most are ERPers.

Then stop ERPING  😮