Clandestine

Can we have special characters in our nicks?

i can't wait to name myself '!!!'

let's make it happen little orbit

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

i can't wait to name myself '!!!'

let's make it happen little orbit

That's the same as "ююю"

12 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

That's the same as "ююю"

i dont believe you

24 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

Your faith doesn't change the reality

Not with that attitude.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Not with that attitude.

I know it's a barbie game and barbie company but you not gonna get barbie language from me

With the Nekrova server being merged into Citadel, I think that this introduces a new problem on the table (that I've considered for a long while now).

So how about they allow players to put whatever they want in their character names but they make you have an @name#1234 in-game (that is strictly english only and that you get to pick) that is unique to your account and if anyone wants to refer to anyone else or whisper them, they can do it by using that tag. That way even if they have characters in their name that you cannot even type with your keyboard setup, you can still interact with every player.

And they can do it like Discord and let you change your numbers only if you have Premium active or something 😛

Also, this will allow new players to actually have a choice in nicknames because with the current taken inactive nicknames it's extremely irritating to try and find a name you might consider wanting and you just can't get because it's taken by someone who played the game once and left forever, locking an amazing nickname to never be used again and completely forgot about APB's existence. Which is why I also think we need a solid nickname wipe, BADLY, because new players will want their nice nicknames and not use numbers to replace letters or put random trashy nicknames for the sake of being able to play APB at all...

My older suggestion was to simply namewipe every character/account that was NOT merged after the Obeya/Patriot -> Citadel and Joker/Colby -> Jericho merges. If you have not launched the game once since 2015 then you clearly do not care enough about your nickname. They can send out warning e-mails 30 days prior as well if they feel the need to. If anyone genuinely cares, they will make sure to launch the game just once to keep their nickname.

Most people might not think it's a big deal but it actually is pretty relevant to how appealing the game would be to decently sized portion of new players that will come in from games where they could have their nicknames.

Just a thought.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Flaws said:

My older suggestion was to simply namewipe every character/account that was NOT merged after the Obeya/Patriot -> Citadel and Joker/Colby -> Jericho merges. If you have not launched the game once since 2015 then you clearly do not care enough about your nickname. They can send out warning e-mails 30 days prior as well if they feel the need to. If anyone genuinely cares, they will make sure to launch the game just once to keep their nickname.

Honestly this 100% exactly this has been suggested so many times, just change the name of the players who chose to not login to some numbers and have them namechange if they ever decide to return. 

I feel like freeing up names would be an important thing to do with the release of the engine since there will be some new and returning players who probably want to create new characters. 

It would also make more players want to buy a namechange since there aren't really any good names to change to currently.

While I totally hate idea to favor any special characters for each language (or in that case russian alphabet which i can't even write in)...

Well I guess it's fair if I would be able to write in polish letters my nickname.

Would like to see unique names, im bored and tired of same ones and cringe or edgy, rediculous.

On 8/16/2019 at 2:41 AM, Flaws said:

With the Nekrova server being merged into Citadel, I think that this introduces a new problem on the table (that I've considered for a long while now).

So how about they allow players to put whatever they want in their character names but they make you have an @name#1234 in-game (that is strictly english only and that you get to pick) that is unique to your account and if anyone wants to refer to anyone else or whisper them, they can do it by using that tag. That way even if they have characters in their name that you cannot even type with your keyboard setup, you can still interact with every player.

And they can do it like Discord and let you change your numbers only if you have Premium active or something 😛

Also, this will allow new players to actually have a choice in nicknames because with the current taken inactive nicknames it's extremely irritating to try and find a name you might consider wanting and you just can't get because it's taken by someone who played the game once and left forever, locking an amazing nickname to never be used again and completely forgot about APB's existence. Which is why I also think we need a solid nickname wipe, BADLY, because new players will want their nice nicknames and not use numbers to replace letters or put random trashy nicknames for the sake of being able to play APB at all...

Most people might not think it's a big deal but it actually is pretty relevant to how appealing the game would be to decently sized portion of new players that will come in from games where they could have their nicknames.

Just a thought.

Even though I always wanted to get my hands on the clean Void in-game name, it's not fair at all to just wipe names, even if you give warnings beforehand. Server merges aside, I don't believe the company should ever go as far as modifying user data.

Unique identifiers like Discord's are mostly implemented for very large user bases and, besides that, the games has monetized on name changing since forever and some people had spent really serious money on that. 

1 hour ago, Void said:

Even though I always wanted to get my hands on the clean Void in-game name, it's not fair at all to just wipe names, even if you give warnings beforehand. Server merges aside, I don't believe the company should ever go as far as modifying user data.

Unique identifiers like Discord's are mostly implemented for very large user bases and, besides that, the games has monetized on name changing since forever and some people had spent really serious money on that. 

Sure but imagine any influx of new players and they HAVE to run around with awful nicknames because APB is basically like ESO. Every name is taken, literally. It's just bad business practice as it will drive picky players away real quick and on top of that we will see worse and worse and more stupid nicknames by the day. I think it's more than fair, if you haven't touched the game once since 2015.

• Like 2

I agree with Flaws, it is time to wipe names of those not using them anymore, even WOW already did that and that was a pay 2 play game.

Bets tactic would be:

make EU

make new contacts

write everyone that wasn't logged since a specific date being deleted if they do not login with the next month.

This could help to bring a few old people back after Engine upgrade and who doesn't even come back then, they are no loss, not for the company not for that player.

I find it anyways a bit saddening that we cannot have proper and longer names containing some blanks as well. Other games are pretty ahead of that when it comes to allowed namespaces.

Edited by LilyV3

On 8/19/2019 at 4:59 AM, LilyV3 said:

I agree with Flaws, it is time to wipe names of those not using them anymore, even WOW already did that and that was a pay 2 play game.

Bets tactic would be:

make EU

make new contacts

write everyone that wasn't logged since a specific date being deleted if they do not login with the next month.

This could help to bring a few old people back after Engine upgrade and who doesn't even come back then, they are no loss, not for the company not for that player.

I find it anyways a bit saddening that we cannot have proper and longer names containing some blanks as well. Other games are pretty ahead of that when it comes to allowed namespaces.

the fuck is wrong with you and wanting people to be able to steal other people's god damned names? NO MEANS NO YOU smart, we've talked about this too many times already, stop asking.

3 hours ago, toodamnmuch said:

the fuck is wrong with you and wanting people to be able to steal other people's god damned names? NO MEANS NO YOU smart, we've talked about this too many times already, stop asking.

Why should someone who has no interest in playing APB even want to keep their name?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, toodamnmuch said:

steal names no one uses anymore? no one owns those names, LO owns everything in the game. And we need it because people run out of proper namespace mostly because apb has a poopy Oldschool namespace not even allowing simple names with space so people can give their chars forenames and surenames. The 90's are over.

On 8/16/2019 at 1:41 AM, Flaws said:

Just a thought.

Or use IDs, ID names and character names and use them all for different things (eg character name for group and team, player ID name for clans, friends list and login, and player ID in the database)

this way you also don't have to be restrictive on character name selection - you can have multiple characters with the same name, just tied to different player IDs.