Sign in to follow this  
Cutey

Encrypt all game files!

Good idea?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

• yes
    • no, i want hack so bad

If i understood things right, the way G1 had things panning out with the Engine Upgrade the settings were supposed to be stored with the character online on the server anyways.

yea that will show em nasty hackerinos

who do they even think they are

19 hours ago, weissraider said:

Well ofc they could do it. But this will lower performance drastically. And this wont make it impossible to hack. 

19 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

would lower performance becasue the game has to decrypt stuff, also, would it really help vs hacking? I am not so sure, the ymostly hoock up on runnign processes, and those would not be different compared to now.

It would be decrypted on game/map load before being put into ram. Extra load time would be the only consequence when it comes to performance. I'm not agreeing to the topic, but I wanted to point out this misconception.

Edited by Spudinskes

Values are read from memory, not files, so it's not going to do anything positive. Bar being able to edit the config files, of course.

How exactly would this work or solve anything? You mean that your client gains a new public key to encrypt all game files after every single launch with your old private key getting you access denied because of it expiring, and then gain a new private gay upon launch to decrypt as the game launches? Mate. People don't disassemble and edit machine code to accomplish the goals. To my knowledge people use debuggers and memory manipulators, or just wrappers with image identification etc. This wouldn't solve anything at all. Crypting the assembly after every single launch i guess could do something but then again, people don't edit the machine code to cheat in apb.

what is memory

6 hours ago, NopeTooFast said:

what is memory

that thing smoking too much weed effects?

Sign in to follow this