Sign in to follow this  
Cutey

Encrypt all game files!

Good idea?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

• yes
    • no, i want hack so bad

This will prevent modifying of game. And kick some hackers a$$.

noob-pro-hack.jpg?resize=480,482&ssl=1

• Like 2

Sounds to me that it would only complicate things for the development team to go through encryption every other patch or so. I have no background experience on this however, so if someone can answer that would be nice.

I have a feeling you have zero understanding of what you are talking about.

• Thanks 3

This makes no sense.

If the game files are encrypted, they'll have to be decrypted before they can be used. In that case, the decryption key will have to be stored somewhere and it would only be a matter of time before it gets found.

Many games have encrypted files, such as sound and video files, so they they aren't easily ripped and reused without the developer/publisher's consent. But people still decrypt them to get the original files.

Well ofc they could do it. But this will lower performance drastically. And this wont make it impossible to hack. 

would lower performance becasue the game has to decrypt stuff, also, would it really help vs hacking? I am not so sure, the ymostly hoock up on runnign processes, and those would not be different compared to now.

The POLL is just stupid.

Its just trying to make people feel bad who voted NO.

Also encryption leads to lower performance and increased size update packages. APBR doesnt have that much of a stuff to be edited to get unfair advantages....

i honestly cant tell if this is just bait or not

7 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i honestly cant tell if this is just bait or not

this is weird

1 minute ago, Aeronaut said:

this is weird

not as weird as your face

This type of functionality only works on Windows 10 S, requires the Windows store and a Microsoft account.

Won't stop "hackers".

You're basically calling modifying shaders and config files hacking?..

Smart lad.. 10/10

• Like 3

There is no point for that. The only thing it'll do is decrease game performance. Have you seen the recent cracking scene? Denuvo gets bypassed or entirely patched out of games by programmers using assembler in a few DAYS! Don't think this will stop hackers at all. We just need a solid anti-cheat solution

Edited by Speedz
  • Like 1

I don't think this person even understands how cheat programs function if they believe forcing DRM will solve it.

3 minutes ago, Glubbable said:

I don't think this person even understands how cheat programs function if they believe forcing DRM will solve it.

Not sure he's talking about DRM, tho.

He does have a point, and you have to give credit where credit is due.

They could prevent people from modding shaders by shipping already compiled shaders.

Currently the game recompile on launch.

I would guess they are also encrypted in this case? AFAIK the 3.5 engine upgrade already do this, removing the possibility of messing with shaders.

But I also think that 3.5 is less encrypted, since the game boots up in less than a second. Unlike the current live version that takes 10-20 seconds?

But overall, calling people hackers for messing with this sort of shit is a bit much.

Edited by Tobii

Isn't encrypting like time and power consuming process? And since client would basically be decrypt key (cause i don't see it other way, decrypt key can come from server too but that can be abused via client) - It will just lower performance considerably and will only fix cheater problem short-term... You do know that decrypting is part of hackers job, right?

Edited by MitneAlt

Scylla/x64Dbg has an option that allows you to dump the image out of memory, if anything, this won't stop cheaters at all, it'll just lower performance at the cost of "protection" (PUBG did this and that game ran god awful for a long time, running a game through a VM is SLOW), also, just "bake" the shaders into the game like UE lets you do if you don't want people cheating with shaders.

Edited by Similarities

Hell no. that doesn't matter if they encrypt all game files or not cheaters will eventually find a way to cheat the game. there are always cheaters, the way to get rid of them is to slowly take their playerbase off.

Which means, we just need to wait for the time to pass and the cheaters base will be reduced slowly when they'll understand a strong anticheat has entered the game.

I'm not even gonna explain this process... no...bad idea.

do u have any idea what you just said and what results it will give us lol, this is just stupid

Guys, there can't be any cheaters if no one can access the game. Just think.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this