Lixil

Weapon Prototype Districts 1.20.0 (1158)

Hello everyone,

Tonight we will be putting out a patch that will bring back Prototype Districts to test out some weapon changes. With this patch we’ll be temporarily taking down the R.I.O.T. district. You’ll see this game mode again in the future, but we want to focus some testing on the new weapon changes that we’re looking to get your feedback on. So, let’s dig in to how these districts will work for those of you that haven’t seen this before.

First of all, when you log into the game after this next update you’ll be granted the test weapons on log in – these weapons will expire on 8-28-19 at 9AM UTC. Then, there will be two different districts to choose from in the district select UI: Prototype District A and Prototype District B. Below is a list of the changes that you can see in each of the Prototype Districts. These are Open Conflict, Financial Districts. Do some missions, take out some players and have fun.

Thanks in advance for all your help testing these weapons. Please be sure to leave us your feedback in this thread.

Prototype District A:

- RFP-9 Adjustments:

o   Health damage from 133 to 110

o   Drop-off range from 40m to 65m

o   Minimum damage range from 65m to 76m

o   Magazine size from 21 to 24
- RFP-9 SD Adjustments:

o   Drop-off range from 30m to 55m

o   Minimum damage range from 50m to 66m

- OCA Adjustments:

o   Fire Interval from 0.092 to 0.1 seconds

o   Accuracy Recovery from 5.675 to 5.15

o   Overall Shot Modifier Cap from 0.65 to 0.7

Prototype District B:

- RFP-9 Adjustments:

o   Same as Prototype District A

- RFP-9 SD Adjustments:

o   Same as Prototype District A

- OCA Adjustments:

o   Fire interval from 0.092 to 0.098 seconds

o   Accuracy Recovery from 5.675 to 5.25

• Like 6

Im sorry, what? Dropoff at 65 fricken meters? Trying to invalidate the Rsa, Act and Harbinger even more? Sigh

• Like 23

1 minute ago, Tizzie said:

Hope we can get The Harbinger tweaked sometime soon too

The Harb will now have a max range of 200m.

😏

• Like 1

if you're increasing the rfp's ttk fine, make it mid to long range, but by how it sounds it'll even further outclass the act and rsa. That's not even looking at how badly the ACT misses even with enemies in reticule.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Prototype District A:

- RFP-9 Adjustments:

o   Drop-off range from 40m to 65m

o   Minimum damage range from 65m to 76m

- RFP-9 SD Adjustments:

o   Drop-off range from 30m to 55m

o   Minimum damage range from 50m to 66m

Prototype District B:

- RFP-9 Adjustments:

o   Same as Prototype District A

- RFP-9 SD Adjustments:

o   Same as Prototype District A

Right, so basically a secondary has the stats of a primary. Make the RFP a primary then if your going to have stats like that otherwise put up an actual nerf.

7 minutes ago, Asu said:

no testing needed, rfp changes suck

oh please, i own the IR3 RFP and normally dominate within its range with it. Increasing the range is too much imo, especially if they dont increase the TTK, or nerf its accuracy to prevent it from 3 hitting at that range consistently.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Just now, Noob_Guardian said:

oh please, i own the IR3 RFP and normally dominate within its range with it. Increasing the range is too much imo, especially if they dont decrease the TTK, or nerf its accuracy to prevent it from 3 hitting at that range consistently.

Thats what Asu was saying

I feel like everyone is ignoring the damage nerf and just focusing on the range buff.

The RFP is now 4 bursts to kill, not 3.  So it has a longer ttk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Tizzie said:

Thats what Asu was saying

suck implies making it worse, aka nerfing it. They're buffing it. While i now get what he means, the way he implied it made me confused.

2 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

oh please, i own the IR3 RFP and normally dominate within its range with it. Increasing the range is too much imo, especially if they dont increase the TTK, or nerf its accuracy to prevent it from 3 hitting at that range consistently.

literally just said they suck

1 minute ago, SkittyM said:

I feel like everyone is ignoring the damage nerf and just focusing on the range buff.

I didn't realize that, however they didnt state a ttk nerf, it could easily be 4 bursts in the same ttk, unless they ignored that in the post.

suck implies making it worse, aka nerfing it. They're buffing it. While i now get what he means, the way he implied it made me confused.

no, it doesn't, it implies that they're bad changes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't realize that, however they didnt state a ttk nerf, it could easily be 4 bursts in the same ttk, unless they ignored that in the post.

They didn't need to.  Only the range and damage were adjusted.  Any other changes would've been mentioned.

5 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

They didn't need to.  Only the range and damage were adjusted.  Any other changes would've been mentioned.

i meant most times i've seen weapon changes like damage changes i thought they say "damage decreased to 6 htk increasing the ttk slightly (ntec)". Other gun's however have also remained the same while the htk increased (nano).  I assume you've tested the changes though so the TTK is increased as well then. It's a little bit awkward for them not to specify, but i guess it is a new company.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

2 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

i meant most times i've seen weapon changes like damage changes i thought they say "damage decreased to 6 htk increasing the ttk slightly (ntec)". Other gun's however have also remained the same while the htk increased (nano).  I assume you've tested the changes though so the TTK is increased as well then. It's a little bit awkward for them not to specify, but i guess it is a new company.

Sometimes but in this case nothing else has changed.  Reducing the damage and upping the range.  

Also, what isn't mentioned is that the large and medium supply boxes remove inventory access.  So you can't change anything from them anymore.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

It still essentially matches an FFA / OBIR. It is a SECONDARY, it shouldn't be as good or better then a primary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

It still essentially matches an FFA / OBIR. It is a SECONDARY, it shouldn't be as good or better then a primary. 

Not really.  It's only problem right now is that it's too accurate from the hip.  I can see most other CQC secondaries beating it now.  Good luck hitting something at 60m though, lol.

2 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Not really.  It's only problem right now is that it's too accurate from the hip.  I can see most other CQC secondaries beating it now.  Good luck hitting something at 60m though, lol.

I see ppl hitting just fine, they do as is and a range increase is not needed. Range decrease and accuracy decrease is whats needed along with the damage nerf.

someone in g1 office really is smoking cr4ck dafuk...big buff for both guns... whisper is gonna be so accurate o.o

Edited by moxxichixx

I personally like the idea of the changes. As someone who uses it a lot, I always used it as a gun for range more than cqc. However I think if they are going to focus on making it more mid to long range, it should have more accuracy penalty for hipfire shooting to avoid it being a meta jack of all trades secondary.

should've just made the RFP less accurate...

why give RFP a huge rework but not do something about the fact that the SNR and harbinger are trash? feels like priority is off...
maybe don't rework things completely but just tweak slightly... (you've seen what happened with shotgun changes that changed too much at once and what kind of a shitstorm it sparked)

Edited by Snubnose
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

should've just made the RFP less accurate...

why give RFP a huge rework but not do something about the fact that the SNR and harbinger are trash? feels like priority is off...
maybe not rework things completely but just tweak slightly... (you've seen what happened with shotgun changes that changed too much at once and what kind of a shitstorm it sparked)

You mean the shitstorm thats been ongoing constantly for years now?

• Like 1