Lixil

Weapon Prototype Districts 1.20.0 (1158)

2 minutes ago, killerskull said:

I logged in but it was stuck on loading districts after selecting char.

Closed the game and started again, was stuck on district spawn screen/slideshow.

Closed and started another game. Maybe apb wasnt working after patch or maybe it was just for me.

Also is something wrong with this forum? Using arrow key is very annoying to scroll down a page.

what are you using as a browser

i was able to join one of the districts earlier but i didnt bother playing. it took about +5 minutes longer than usual to get from login to in-game.

16 minutes ago, killerskull said:

-snip-

13 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

-snip-

They broke something with this patch, and broke it hard.

• Thanks 1

Hey everyone. Please try to remember two things.

1: This is LO inviting you to try things out and give feedback.

2: There is a reason these changes were not pushed out on the live client. If they are no good and we explain why, they not will go live.

You have been invited by LO to help guide the future of the game. You can either REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and move on, or you can take this opportunity to take part in the future. It's your call.

Also you are all nerds. Here have a gif.

S7N277Y.gif

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Hey everyone. Please try to remember two things.

No person who has even an ounce of actual experience with this game would've thought these changes had any business being pushed even just for testing, it's a complete waste of literally everyone's time. They're beyond absurd, no matter how you rationally look at them. Period.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

No person who has even an ounce of actual experience with this game would've thought these changes had any business being pushed even just for testing, it's a complete waste of literally everyone's time. They're beyond absurd, no matter how you rationally look at them. Period.

i hate to agree with hexerin but yeah pretty much

• Like 1

Honestly I think it's time that LO asks for some help when it comes to balancing. Just get a group like the SPCT but with actual high tier players to help out with the balancing because this is honestly starting to get embarrassing. 

Edited by shhift
  • Like 3

Just now, shhift said:

like the SPCT but with actual high tier players 

you spicy momma

17 hours ago, SkittyM said:

That's a typo that nobody picked up on.  The RFP-9 on LIVE is currently 1.05ttk with a drop off starting at 40m.  Always was.

Still too much!

Merged.

3 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

-Hey RFP is OP, it needs a nerf.
+Ok, let's buff it.

MY VOTE for the MOST STRAIGHT UP SIMPLE ANSWER TO DATE!

Lots have said it in many different ways, But this is HOW its done PEOPLE.

My NEW HERO!

TY ZoriaDunne DID IT!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glaciers said:

so orbit continues their pattern of listening to exactly half of all feedback, good job guys 10/10 

rfp changes are bonkers, you've managed to make the gun even more of a secondary obir

• btw act44/rsa are now officially useless because rfp has the range and ttk advantage

oca change is fine at least

resupply box consumable changes are weird

• you cant change any inventory now but if your character is holding the resupply box you can't even look at the inventory screen, the i (default) button simply does nothing
  • cd now matches field supplier (120s/2min) but time active doesnt for some reason?
  • the percentage of explosive resupply is different for just about every weapon i quickly tested
    • opgl gets 12 (16) grenades max
    • osmaw gets 4 (4) rockets max
    • volcano gets 8 (12) rockets max
    • deep impact gets 4 (9) grenades max
    • low yields get 4 (3) grenades max
  • if you reach the explosive resupply limit but are not fully resupplied, the resupply indicator freezes in place until you exit the resupply box radius
    • if you deactivate the resupply box in this state, the resupply indicator will remain until you shoot or switch weapons

didnt test other consumables because my game got stuck endlessly loading a mail attachment (classic apb 10/10) so i just gave up

I appreciate the testing and feedback. We are working on a number reported issues from the patch.

Thanks,

Matt

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Thanks, Matt

Can you divulge any info on the timeframe for when we can expect to see the shotgun changes? It'd be nice to know how much longer I have to enjoy my Strife before it's homogenized into garbage.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Glaciers said:
  • the percentage of explosive resupply is different for just about every weapon i quickly tested
    • opgl gets 12 (16) grenades max
    • osmaw gets 4 (4) rockets max
    • volcano gets 8 (12) rockets max
    • deep impact gets 4 (9) grenades max
    • low yields get 4 (3) grenades max

Seems like its broken because the system is working it by mag count.    So for grenades you get 2+2 or 3+1 but for everything else you get 4 whole mags.  Tested with the EOLs AAEPD, Flaregun. 

It's kinda funny since the change was specifically catered to grenade spam but because of how the system works, you get nearly a full resupply for all primary explosives.

5 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

It's kinda funny since the change was specifically catered to grenade spam but because of how the system works, you get nearly a full resupply for all primary explosives.

Honestly, I don't see that as a problem. Being able to resupply primary explosive weapon ammunition infinitely from it would defeat the point of course, but a limited supply greater than the grenade supply would be fitting of the fact that it's a primary weapon.

15 hours ago, illgot said:

You mean like temporary weapons used for holiday events?  It is not impossible and we barely have enough people for 2 full districts on Joker.

i dont think they are temporary... like the snowball cannon and all that? they are just available at certain times, if its the ones with random mods, that's purely the mods that do it.

i'm not saying it's impossible, but i bet it's a lot more work than spinning up a district with a slightly different weapon set, since THAT already exists as a function in the server.

@Lign i dont really want to say that oca is an unskilled weapon but with the range that has its stronger than jg , and aint playing on bronze or silver , mostly spent my time playing on FC and trust 60% of shotgun users move to oca cause its a lot easier to face up someone with shotgun clearly improve your skills thats what i suggest. End of the conversation.

Merged.

I suppose that rfp and oca needs a strong nerf and not a buff. I spent some time playing with these 2 weapons after the patch and i realize that im gonna remove obir from my loadout and start playing with rfp-9, i believe that you will need to nerf it on the next patch.
About the OCA ye its still remains the same with a few changes but still broken and high advantage on Range fights against close combat weapons, i guess you need to nerf this one as well still remains especially with cooling jacket 3 a broken weapon, after the new update most oca users put on the cj3 and i tried it myself cause i would like to see and feel the differences. Needs one more nerf 

11 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

what are you using as a browser

i was able to join one of the districts earlier but i didnt bother playing. it took about +5 minutes longer than usual to get from login to in-game.

Chrome. It was going good until recently. I also saw another member complaining about the forum. Either they updated the forum, or chrome updated itself and messed it up.

On 8/15/2019 at 5:33 AM, Lixil said:

-snip-

You should add both mission districts, also raise the fixed heat level to 4 stars.

13 hours ago, MattScott said:

I appreciate the testing and feedback. We are working on a number reported issues from the patch.

Thanks,

Matt

I'm curious as to what happened to make the RFP-9 stray so far from its proposal?

The main issue with the gun is that it's a pocket OBIR due to its insane range. Nerfing it to a 4 burst to kill weapon wouldn't fix it, especially not with margins that tiny (3 bursts from the new RFP and you're left with exactly 1% hp, the only weapon that falls out of this margin is the Stabba TG-8 (.5% soft damage per hit)).

13 hours ago, MattScott said:

I appreciate the testing

i'd appreciate if testing happened before the patch went live

All u had to do is normalizin RFPs base range to RFP "Talon"s range which is 30m according to DB, while normal RFP has 40m range

This would reduce the problem with Fang being too OP in long ranges, while other RPF variants would feel just ok.

Second of all. Why. Why. Why. Why do you think that resupply boxes need explosives resupply limitation, when there was not even a problem to begin with. For all the years I playerd there was never a problem with nade spam. 

If there was any nade/explosives spam, it was for desperately trying to smoke off the hard campers out of their possitions, whis is absolutely ok in my eyes.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

All u had to do is normalizin RFPs base range to RFP "Talon"s range which is 30m according to DB, while normal RFP has 40m range

This would reduce the problem with Fang being too OP in long ranges, while other RPF variants would feel just ok.

Pretty much this. Bring the rest of the RFPs down to 30m and it would've been fine. Tack on that damage nerf to 110 per bullet if you felt like taking it a step further, but would've ultimately not really been necessary. That being said, I would add swapping the Fang's mod from Improved Rifling 3 to Improved Rifling 1 to bring it in line with other secondaries.

42 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Second of all. Why. Why. Why. Why do you think that resupply boxes need explosives resupply limitation, when there was not even a problem to begin with. For all the years I playerd there was never a problem with nade spam. If there was any nade/explosives spam, it was for desperately trying to smoke off the hard campers out of their possitions, whis is absolutely ok in my eyes.

Yea no. Explosives spam has been an ongoing and rampant problem at all levels of play, and the limitation of explosives from the supply crates is one of the best changes to come out of this shitshow. If you need to clear out an entrenched target, you should need to bring out a weapon actually designed for that (such as OPGL).

Edited by Hexerin

After the little time I was able to spend testing out Prototype A before the districts died completely, I have concluded that the OCA is a bit worse than before (as intended) but the RFP (mostly Fang) is even more abusable now due to the range increase.

Even with the RFP becoming 4 BTK, it is still capable of dealing massive damage at really long range (for a secondary) to aid team mates or to finish off already damaged targets. On top of that, the penalty for moving around/dodging with it while aiming down the sights (ADS) is way too little and you can practically go at max firerate at range and still dodge whatever the enemy player is throwing at you. And to top it off, it is still very viable for tagging/finishing off players in close range where ADS is not needed to land most shots as the accuracy has not been touched. That, in combination with any CQC primary weapon, is still very powerful. The RFP is meant to be a secondary weapon and a pistol. It is not supposed to almost shadow a crucial support weapon like the OBIR. A pistol cannot have such effective range, not if you look at balancing and definitely not if you look at any level of realism (as APB is still an urban shooter based in a city on Earth and not a Sci-Fi game with blasters and lasers).

As such, I believe that the RFP simply needs a range nerf instead of a TTK nerf + range buff. The range of the weapon is the main issue with it. Just because you added an extra burst (+/-) to the TTK, does not mean that it will not be abusable. In fact, now it will be even more so. And for anyone who thinks that the RFP will become obsolete if it's range gets nerfed below ACT44 and RSA (and that those weapons could become more meta), let me remind you that those weapons feel a lot more "heavy" and slow and are not nearly as good overall. On top of that, they are barely viable in CQC unlike the RFP in any of it's variants.

I cannot speak too much about the OCA on Prototype A as I was mostly focusing on the RFP for the little time I had to spend on it. I definitely felt like it was worse and it killed slower (considering that I played it with Reflex Sight 3 and Cooling Jacket 2) but I would need to test it further before I can say whether this is nerfed enough or not.

Also, I was unable to test Prototype B at all as the district was completely dead by the time I got home.

2 minutes ago, Flaws said:

My issue with the OCA nerf is its accuracy. Due to its nature, the TTK will always fluctuate upwards a bit - which is why I think a full revert to .7 is a bad idea (and would much prefer the .686 of the other dist)

RFP was finally in a decent spot at 30m drop off range. I have no idea why they simply didn't shave off max/min range from it. Although the Fang would still be a problem with IR3, it's an even bigger problem right now !