Lixil

Weapon Prototype Districts 1.20.0 (1158)

58 minutes ago, OwO said:

Yes, nerf the OCA when the CQC role is currently dominated by shotguns.
Nice brain.

Buff RFP making nfas/JG/CSG+RFP combo even stronger.
Double Nice 

Welcome to LO's APB. The weapon that doesn't punish bad aim outperforms the weapon where you need perfectly track an enemy

1 hour ago, OwO said:

Yes, nerf the OCA when the CQC role is currently dominated by shotguns.
Nice brain.

Buff RFP making nfas/JG/CSG+RFP combo even stronger.
Double Nice 

Hm. As it stands SMGs dominate close as hitreg means your lucky to land the shots needed to kill with a shottie and in reality shotties at close range should dominate to begin with. Its called pellet spread and its as deadly as it is for a reason, or should be if everything worked right.

I'm not reading 5 more pages with this laggy POS forum so:

RFP didn't need a range buff. I don't care that it was slightly nerfed with less damage. The RFP 'Fang' was annoying due to the effective range of it. I really don't want to be fighting more RFP's.

15 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Hm. As it stands SMGs dominate close as hitreg means your lucky to land the shots needed to kill with a shottie and in reality shotties at close range should dominate to begin with. Its called pellet spread and its as deadly as it is for a reason, or should be if everything worked right.

In 3rd person shooter a weapon that benefits from the corner shouldn't dominate a weapon that forces you to play openly. Also JG is much easier to play because you don't need to perfectly track an enemy with 100% uptime like with oca. Also even if you track perfectly with oca, due to rng you will still miss a lot of shots when jg doesnt suffer from rng. With jg you don't need to keep your crosshair always on the enemy you can just strafe left/right and wait for the enemy running into your sight. At the corner it's an immortal weapon. I had many times when the guy 85 me I hid at the corner and landed two shots and he couldn't do anything to me. Imagine if I would try to kill enemy with oca like that, I have to be lucky enough

Edited by Lign

10 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

I'm not reading 5 more pages with this laggy POS forum so:

RFP didn't need a range buff. I don't care that it was slightly nerfed with less damage. The RFP 'Fang' was annoying due to the effective range of it. I really don't want to be fighting more RFP's.

Get used to it. With the changes made the RFP is a primary calibur gun thats a secondary. The range either needs to stay as it was orig or decrease.

4 minutes ago, Lign said:

In 3rd person shooter a weapon that benefits from the corner shouldn't dominate a weapon that forces you to play openly. Also JG is much easier to play because you don't need to perfectly track an enemy with 100% uptime like with oca. Also even if you track perfectly with oca, due to rng you will still miss a lot of shots when jg doesnt suffer from rng. With jg you don't need to keep your crosshair always on the enemy you can just strafe left/right and wait for the enemy running into your sight. At the corner it's an immortal weapon. I had many times when the guy 85 me I hid at the corner and landed two shots and he couldn't do anything to me. Imagine if I would try to kill enemy with oca like that, I have to be lucky enough

Pellet spread, again you dont need to track fully when you have spread like that you just need to get them close enough. Do remember that hitreg is non existent in APB so if this fabled engine upgrade ever comes out its all going to change as if hitreg does indeed work in the new engine everything we do now will change as we currently have to compensate for bad reg.

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

Get used to it. With the changes made the RFP is a primary calibur gun thats a secondary. The range either needs to stay as it was orig or decrease.

Pellet spread, again you dont need to track fully when you have spread like that you just need to get them close enough. Do remember that hitreg is non existent in APB so if this fabled engine upgrade ever comes out its all going to change as if hitreg does indeed work in the new engine everything we do now will change as we currently have to compensate for bad reg.

Pellet spread doesn't do anything when you fight in its range. If you don't two shot it's mostly your fault, I had no problem with two shotting ppl while using jg for the first time after years of not touching shotties at all, I can provide my broadcast with me playing jg for the first time after long time, it's stupidly strong and doesn't make sense

@Lign Trust me  a good player with jg suffers against an oca user. First of all oca has a lot of range and even after the "nerf" oca will remain the same. I dont really know if you ever played with jg but if you did and your tactic is to wait the enemy to move right and left and at the end cross your sight ,trust me aint gonna take any kill. Its not only about camping on a corner and wait for th enemy to come closer to you in order to start shooting, there are a lot of different "Tricks" that you can use in order to kill an enemy while you are playing with jg. Even on a fight on 15m you will be able to kill him if you manage to move around the map and control your footsteps then you will see the real power of jg weapon. ( we are talking about jg, ) Im not here to tell you what to do or compare my skills with yours but expierience and hours that you will spend  playing this game  will show you how to do it. 

Just now, eelaaa said:

@Lign Trust me  a good player with jg suffers against an oca user. First of all oca has a lot of range and even after the "nerf" oca will remain the same. I dont really know if you ever played with jg but if you did and your tactic is to wait the enemy to move right and left and at the end cross your sight ,trust me aint gonna take any kill. Its not only about camping on a corner and wait for th enemy to come closer to you in order to start shooting, there are a lot of different "Tricks" that you can use in order to kill an enemy while you are playing with jg. Even on a fight on 15m you will be able to kill him if you manage to move around the map and control your footsteps then you will see the real power of jg weapon. ( we are talking about jg, ) Im not here to tell you what to do or compare my skills with yours but expierience and hours that you will spend  playing this game  will show you how to do it. 

I see completely different things, no wonder why top tier players banned any shotgun by rules on arranged matches. Just how should I fight against the guy if he forces me to pick him with oca while he's cornerpicking with jg and I have no time gate to hit him. I basically can destroy the whole team from the corner and stay with full or half hp.

6 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

Late to this party, so I'll go with a meme answer.

20LUB0sl.jpg

Damn you, I shot cranberry juice out of my nose reading that.

5 hours ago, Seadee said:

Oh look a thread that says "we are putting these here to test, please test them" which is followed by people saying "these changes suck" despite not testing it ...

it's almost as if everyone wants things to change for the better but purely want to rely on incomplete information to perfectly balance everything ... 

just test and give actual feedback back and then LO will adjust things again and eventually we will have a whole load of perfectly balance weapons that we can all enjoy or you could could all moan about everything that ever gets given to you, miserable sods. 

^this this a thousand times this^

1 minute ago, eelaaa said:

The way Matt mentioned how they want to fix JG in the last blogpost is a perfect imo, you will have to track an enemy and cornerpopping will not be that strong as it is now

• Like 1

@Lign I understand what do you want to say and thats a specific moment, noone force you to use oca in order to kill him. I said before that moving around the map with the right way, means that this guy probaply camping there and protect the objective you can also move from the other side of the map and sneak him. About the weapon you can also pick and jg and fight with him, no need to use a weapon like oca in order to kill a shotgun user, Try to practice with a specific weapon and after some time your skills and the moments that you face an enemy will give you the right way of how you will move around map and whats your next move before the enemy "detect" you 

I'm sorry, but what?

Effective range increased from 40m to 65m and minimum damage range increased from 65m to 76m? Are you literally trying to create a second Shredder ( If you even remember that mess ) scenario? And to pour even more salt on wound, it seems that you completely forgot the RSA and the ACT 44 when deciding what changes you were making on the RFP. You are literally making them even more obsolete as if they weren't already obsolete from before. You are also forgetting we still have the freaking RFP Fang with the IR3. And why are you even trying to make the RFP into a Long range secondary when it was always a close range secondary?

If you really paid attention to what the community was complaining about the RFP, then you would know that the problem was never the TTK, but the range that it had. A while back the RFP received a ninja buff which buffed the effective range from 30m to 40m. This change is what sparked this whole debacle to begin with. The RFP Fang didn't really help much with the situation either, considering its has a preset mod with IR3. All you needed to do, was to revert the effective range buff back to 30m and maybe go on changing the preset mod of the RFP fang so it no longer have IR3. But instead you went the completely wrong way by making it into a 4 full bursts to kill and increasing the effective range even further, completely reworking a weapon from being a short range secondary into a long range secondary that makes the other long range secondaries obsolete 😕

• Thanks 1

Just now, eelaaa said:

@Lign I understand what do you want to say and thats a specific moment, noone force you to use oca in order to kill him. I said before that moving around the map with the right way, means that this guy probaply camping there and protect the objective you can also move from the other side of the map and sneak him. About the weapon you can also pick and jg and fight with him, no need to use a weapon like oca in order to kill a shotgun user, Try to practice with a specific weapon and after some time your skills and the moments that you face an enemy will give you the right way of how you will move around map and whats your next move before the enemy "detect" you 

I know that you can flang an enemy but it's so easy to read when someone flanging you. Also JG in stack with RFP is the only thing that is very complex to deal with nowadays, it's like pre-nerfed qs back in 2014. 

@Lign

I used to have the same set when i started the game but after  hours playing with this combination, i realize that my primary weapon is RFP-9 and not Jg , i changed it  and replace the rpf with the normal obeya fbw (the starter secondary weapon), im against these weapons oca,rfp,n-fas and all the others, not because of the dmg and range that they have compare them to the others, but the problem is that provide skills to players that they dont really know how to play and how a strong weapon gave them a win against a good players. 

Edited by eelaaa

Stop changing weapons! 

It is extremely irritating to have a weapon you have used for years get changed. You jacked up at least two weapons that I spent actual money on and are now slated to nerf yet another

Please use your time to create new weapons to add balance rather than screw up mine

2 hours ago, eelaaa said:

@Lign

I used to have the same set when i started the game but after  hours playing with this combination, i realize that my primary weapon is RFP-9 and not Jg , i changed it  and replace the rpf with the normal obeya fbw (the starter secondary weapon), im against these weapons oca,rfp,n-fas and all the others, not because of the dmg and range that they have compare them to the others, but the problem is that provide skills to players that they dont really know how to play and how a strong weapon gave them a win against a good players. 

I don't know why you think OCA is unskilled weapon, maybe you're playing in bronze district against newbies who doesn't know how to WASD but against good player in cqc it's hard to track him when he hardly strafe, with jg you don't need to track just wait while he strafed into your sight. Basically I overshoot oca with my fbw because of how hard it is to track in strafe fight

Edited by Lign
  • Like 1

so on a completely unrelated note, can you add just 2 rounds to cap 40 magazine capacity so that my ocd stops torturing me when I see my 28 rounds in my mag, please.

I've just tested the RFP changes on district A and I can conclude that it still has the same problem, too much range. Limit the normal RFP-9 to 30 meters and have the fang go up to 38m. Also, in order to make the Talon more viable you should consider to revamp the Pistol Silencer mod so that firstly, it doesn't remove effective range, secondly it doesn't reduce magazine size. 

EDIT: Also remove the automatic kick when you teamkill on the testing districts so we can try stuff properly...

Edited by Basih
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I mean, I could just play the game less and less as I have been doing. My option seems like a better use of my time. 🙂

so orbit continues their pattern of listening to exactly half of all feedback, good job guys 10/10 

rfp changes are bonkers, you've managed to make the gun even more of a secondary obir

• btw act44/rsa are now officially useless because rfp has the range and ttk advantage

oca change is fine at least

resupply box consumable changes are weird

• you cant change any inventory now but if your character is holding the resupply box you can't even look at the inventory screen, the i (default) button simply does nothing
  • cd now matches field supplier (120s/2min) but time active doesnt for some reason?
  • the percentage of explosive resupply is different for just about every weapon i quickly tested
    • opgl gets 12 (16) grenades max
    • osmaw gets 4 (4) rockets max
    • volcano gets 8 (12) rockets max
    • deep impact gets 4 (9) grenades max
    • low yields get 4 (3) grenades max
  • if you reach the explosive resupply limit but are not fully resupplied, the resupply indicator freezes in place until you exit the resupply box radius
    • if you deactivate the resupply box in this state, the resupply indicator will remain until you shoot or switch weapons

didnt test other consumables because my game got stuck endlessly loading a mail attachment (classic apb 10/10) so i just gave up

Don't know if it's been documented before but the Mobile Shield consumables can't be dropped anymore apparently.. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Basih said:

Don't know if it's been documented before but the Mobile Shield consumables can't be dropped anymore apparently.. 

paging QA, paging QA

2 hours ago, Lign said:

Pellet spread doesn't do anything when you fight in its range. If you don't two shot it's mostly your fault, I had no problem with two shotting ppl while using jg for the first time after years of not touching shotties at all, I can provide my broadcast with me playing jg for the first time after long time, it's stupidly strong and doesn't make sense

they are reworking shotguns sooo

I logged in but it was stuck on loading districts after selecting char.

Closed the game and started again, was stuck on district spawn screen/slideshow.

Closed and started another game. Maybe apb wasnt working after patch or maybe it was just for me.

Also is something wrong with this forum? Using arrow key is very annoying to scroll down a page.