Lixil

Weapon Prototype Districts 1.20.0 (1158)

6 minutes ago, killerskull said:

The problem Ive alwys found is that oca/pmg and others for close range are king, cqc to medium is the joker and ntec and then long range is just the hvr. Obir and obeya are weak. I think the entire map design and weapon ranges dont leave much room for obir and obeya. IF I wanted to go long range, Id pick the hvr. If mid, ntec or joker. The only time I pick up obir is when I wanna have fun and dont care about the kills. But that means performing subpar. I think thats the issue why its so hard to balance these secondaries. I dont even wanna use act44 and rsa cause their accuracy sucks balls.

Look, the Obir has a worse TTK but it isn't meant to be used in a outright TTK fight. It is a weapon you use to peak out and kill your enemy with and it damn good at it. The Obeya 762 is one of the most versatile weapons in the game, if it wasn't because of the ridiculous state of the N-tec this weapon would probably be the king of mid-long range.  As for long range Sniper Rifles should dominate, but they are to polar opposite of the 762 for being unable to adapt to different situations. 

As for the ACT44 and RSA, yep they suck and need to be totally overhauled. 

14 minutes ago, killerskull said:

The problem Ive alwys found is that oca/pmg and others for close range are king, cqc to medium is the joker and ntec and then long range is just the hvr. Obir and obeya are weak. I think the entire map design and weapon ranges dont leave much room for obir and obeya. IF I wanted to go long range, Id pick the hvr. If mid, ntec or joker. The only time I pick up obir is when I wanna have fun and dont care about the kills. But that means performing subpar. I think thats the issue why its so hard to balance these secondaries. I dont even wanna use act44 and rsa cause their accuracy sucks balls.

obir and obeya are certainly not weak, obir is one of the best guns in the game right now and obeya is maybe a tier or two below it at worst. being able to qs people with obir/essentially 500dmg a burst makes that gun top tier, not even a debate. obeya actually requires half a brain to do consistently well with, but the gun is still well rounded and you can do very well in mid or long range by swapping 1 red mod (ir3 > cj3, vice versa)

Edited by gasolina
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

1v1 with no targets moving doesn't really tell the player much.  Having tested it prior, im more curious to see how it handles in an actual life fire scenario than in some shooting range one.

Skitty please, we're all well acquainted with the current RFP and how it is. There's no way in hell within 65m or less that the test RFP most of the times will perform worst than live RFP. Come on man 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

To sum up the OCA changes:

-it fires slower

-it recovers accuracy at a worse rate now

-it's max bloom (or shot modifier cap) is now higher, so a bit longer to return to starting accuracy

so only cons?that sux..

Just now, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Skitty please, we're all well acquainted with the current RFP and how it is. There's no way in hell within 65m or less that the test RFP most of the times will perform worst than live RFP. Come on man 

I'm not, but that doesn't really change the fact that you should test it before jumping to a papered conclusion.

4 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

I'm not, but that doesn't really change the fact that you should test it before jumping to a papered conclusion.

So after I test it and reach a conclusion that matches my preemptive conclusion, should I post here what I think in a constructive critique manner?

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

Just now, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

So after I test it and reach a conclusion that matches my preemptive conclusion, should I do it in a constructive criticism manner?

Of course.

Sooo... You're increasing the RFP's range?  Wasn't that the problem with it in the first place?  I appreciate the damage reduction though.  I also really like that you're using prototype districts for balance testing instead of OTW.

1 minute ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Sooo... You're increasing the RFP's range?  Wasn't that the problem with it in the first place?  I appreciate the damage reduction though.  I also really like that you're using prototype districts for balance testing instead of OTW.

It's better to just have a testing district on the LIVE servers because the population is so low that a OTW wouldn't yield much results. 

11 hours ago, Lixil said:

Prototype District A:

- RFP-9 Adjustments:

o   Health damage from 133 to 110

o   Drop-off range from 40m to 65m

o   Minimum damage range from 65m to 76m

o   Magazine size from 21 to 24
- RFP-9 SD Adjustments:

o   Health damage from 133 to 110

o   Drop-off range from 30m to 55m

o   Minimum damage range from 50m to 66m

o   Magazine size from 21 to 24

- OCA Adjustments:

o   Fire Interval from 0.092 to 0.1 seconds

o   Accuracy Recovery from 5.675 to 5.15

o   Overall Shot Modifier Cap from 0.65 to 0.7

Prototype District B:

- RFP-9 Adjustments:

o   Same as Prototype District A

- RFP-9 SD Adjustments:

o   Same as Prototype District A

- OCA Adjustments:

o   Fire interval from 0.092 to 0.098 seconds

o   Accuracy Recovery from 5.675 to 5.25

I haven't gotten a chance to play yet, but I wanted to give some first impressions based on what I'm reading here.

RFP: First impressions of the RFP changes are negative. The big issues most people have is the range to it, so making it longer ranged seems like a step in the wrong direction even with the damage nerf to be 4 bursts (which is frequently shown to be like 5 bursts tbh.) Generally speaking I feel like a better change would be to push the RFP ranges in-line with the RFP-SD's old range (30m) and then maybe tweaking bloom a bit so that you have to have more precise timing before it begins to bloom on you? That way you can't just crap out bursts with no penalty in the general direction someone is standing in. I would also personally keep the BTK at 3 and tweak the damage only a little bit so that you have to hit those 3 bursts quickly in order to get a kill. Something along the lines of 115 damage? Or maybe 120?

This would push the skill floor (Skill Floor = Base level of competence needed to use the weapon effectively) of the RFP a lot higher since you'd have to be careful not to just throw bursts downrange without thinking due to the increased bloom gain, but would still need to be quick to get kills.

OCA: In general, these seem alright. Right now the OCA dominates CQC and other short range combat due to the fact that it allows you to empty your magazine into someone without really thinking about controlling the weapon. On the one hand this allows for newbies to pick it up and pick up kills with it no problem, on the other hand, this also allows even decently skilled players to rack up kills with impunity due to the excessive ease that the OCA gives.

Additional thoughts: I honestly kinda think that if we're going to start changing around weapons again, especially weapons that are the bases for so many different reskins, that it might be time to consider making some of those reskins stand-alone weapons. Now, granted, I'd want to get what we have balanced first before we just start throwing a ton of 1% different weapons into the mix, but it might be nice to help flesh out some categories of weapons that feel like they're 90% reskins of the OCA, the JG/CSG, and the NTEC. But that's just something that feels like a nice idea and not something that is totally flawless and should be done instantly. Take it with a grain of salt.

Speaking of off-the-cuff ideas, I'm going to plug the thread I made a while back now: 

I'll take a look at the test districts when I can and I'll post some more feedback.

3 minutes ago, Basih said:

It's better to just have a testing district on the LIVE servers because the population is so low that a OTW wouldn't yield much results. 

My thoughts exactly.  OTW being available is awesome n' all but not nearly enough people use it for it to actually be useful.

uh..why are you rebalancing weapons again, exactly? it didn't end very well the last time

43 minutes ago, illgot said:

Would be better if they mailed everyone these test weapons to test in the actual districts.  Splitting our all ready tiny population more is a bad idea

It's done like this because the district has the weapon information, its server based, so you'd have to make multiple variants of the same weapon to be able to mail them to everyone, which would cause a headache further down the line

will these test servers be unranked like open conflict? that would be really rad

Also will you have these 8 hour down times every time you wanna test 2 or 3 guns? if so, how often will this happen and why not throw all the weapon changes in there instead of just 2 guns?

Edited by utilizator
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, utilizator said:

Also will you have these 8 hour down times every time you wanna test 2 or 3 guns?

Keep in mind that during this downtime we are not only implementing the patch which adds the testing districts and the weapon changes, but also migrating users from Nekrova to Citadel.

~@mayii

• Like 1

Iam the only one who still laughing about the "8 hours" downtime? i mean cmon LO 

• Like 1

Glad to see you're starting debuffing weapons, the game is clearly on broken state with the weapons.

30 minutes ago, PTCNette said:

Glad to see you're starting debuffing weapons, the game is clearly on broken state with the weapons.

Its all in your head

So they didn´t nerfed the pmg or the cr762 or the ntec 5........ there are so many weapons that needs an nerf. But hey let´s delete the RF9 like completeley from the game gg LO

So RFP is now, "lol what's a primary weapon?". A CQC Secondary (of all things), should not be able to gun down a player beyond 30m.

Yes, nerf the OCA when the CQC role is currently dominated by shotguns.
Nice brain.

Buff RFP making nfas/JG/CSG+RFP combo even stronger.
Double Nice 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Parthian said:

The deployable ammo box currently renders the field supplier completely useless. There's currently no downside to using something like a spotter or a blowtorch when you can resupply and change weapons in the yellow ammo box. Yellow mods should just get removed tbh

Pretty sure no one asked for the yellow mods to be added to the game in the first place, the way I see it, they made the game objectively worse and made people rely on crutches more. What they should do is change the satchel as well as the boombox to an orange mod and get rid of the rest.

hey so at what hour was this update supposed to start? i cant find that anywhere, i wanna know how much longer i need to wait for it to need cuz im dieing to play fight club 😧

3 hours ago, Seadee said:

It's done like this because the district has the weapon information, its server based, so you'd have to make multiple variants of the same weapon to be able to mail them to everyone, which would cause a headache further down the line

You mean like temporary weapons used for holiday events?  It is not impossible and we barely have enough people for 2 full districts on Joker.