Lixil

Weapon Prototype Districts 1.20.0 (1158)

45 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

should've just made the RFP less accurate...

why give RFP a huge rework but not do something about the fact that the SNR and harbinger are trash? feels like priority is off...
maybe not rework things completely but just tweak slightly... (you've seen what happened with shotgun changes that changed too much at once and what kind of a shitstorm it sparked)

I can't say the SNR is trash, but there was a lot of words about the R-2 being tossed at LO.  Maybe one day.

Jesus fuck. You were on the right track with the damage nerf, but then you went off the rails into complete fucking stupidity with that insane range buff. The actual fuck?

Also, did you learn from the last time and disable all non-testing weapons in these districts? Cause if not, no actual testing is going to be getting done as the districts will be filled with premade groups trolling matches with meta guns like every other time.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

How many bowls did guys smoke before deciding all the RFP changes???

Does ANYONE at LO play this game or are y'all just guess and testing number values????

Sweet merciful christ on a bicycle this game just keeps going downhill.

Edited by Ohshii
  • Thanks 1

I don't quite like the overly unrealistic approach you're taking with the range on the RFP. I understand that it's a 4 BTK now but a pistol should not have such range. 65m is 15m more than N-TEC without IR3. This is almost as unrealistic as the current state of the HVR. Even if the target gets to hide behind cover before you manage to kill them with 4 bursts, the RFP still will deal great amounts of damage to players at 65m (and more, assuming this is just the base RFP that's being talked about, not even the Fang version with +7m on top of that). It will become even more meta and abused now than before for CQC loadouts.

Are we trying to pull the OBIR off from the meta completely or what's up?

Edited by Flaws

Why have you decided to increase drop range on rfp, are you completely out of your mind. Ppl just asked to make rpf 4BTK nothing more, why are you trying to reinvent the wheel. And where's shotguns nerf. You're trying to nerf OCA when JG is completely overtuned after your last rebalance patch. Just, it's not funny anymore, it's pathetic that you're making same mistakes

Edited by Lign
  • Thanks 1

Well, anyway i will not be there so.. or yes.m idk actually, i will be back at 26th, will see what this tests give out to us at the end and willcbw sure to send a feedback like always. Overall it's okay to do these type of tries but i would prefer also bug fixes because we're full of them.

Edited by Guest

Not even sure why I bother replying since it legitimately feels like shouting to the void, but here we go :

The RFP change simply doesn't make any sense to me.
Why are we tackling the issue of a gun being too good at range by.... making it a long range weapon by design, instead of undoing the range buff that started all of this mess?

The RFP was always a point of contention. Back in the day it was a sprintfire monster, that was sorted and the gun fell out of favor.
Then for some reason it got a 10m range buff, they released the Fang, and all hell broke loose.

This new change also does not address one of the biggest issues : The Fang. It's still the best RFP. IR3 synergizes with the weapon even better now.

I'd also argue this is going to reduce long range secondary variety. The ACT and RSA are still not worth considering at all.

I'm not sure what LO is hoping to accomplish with these changes.

• Thanks 2

I do want to try out the changes.

Kinda funny how a few years ago nobody used the RFP and all of a sudden it becomes the most OP secondary so they had to nerf it to the ground. Gonna miss my 3 Burst kill Fang but in the name of balance....Ok

Was it too hard to implement the ACT44/RSA Buffs in?

Just now, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

They had buffs planned for them?

Nope. Which is dumb imo

1 minute ago, Nitronik said:

Nope. Which is dumb imo

2 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

They had buffs planned for them?

45637ae2179a86d190f1ce365cc89255.png

5 hours ago, Acornie said:

Im sorry, what? Dropoff at 65 fricken meters? Trying to invalidate the Rsa, Act and Harbinger even more? Sigh

5 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

if you're increasing the rfp's ttk fine, make it mid to long range, but by how it sounds it'll even further outclass the act and rsa. That's not even looking at how badly the ACT misses even with enemies in reticule.

5 hours ago, Asu said:

no testing needed, rfp changes suck

5 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Right, so basically a secondary has the stats of a primary. Make the RFP a primary then if your going to have stats like that otherwise put up an actual nerf.

5 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

oh please, i own the IR3 RFP and normally dominate within its range with it. Increasing the range is too much imo, especially if they dont increase the TTK, or nerf its accuracy to prevent it from 3 hitting at that range consistently.

5 hours ago, SkittyM said:

I feel like everyone is ignoring the damage nerf and just focusing on the range buff.

The RFP is now 4 bursts to kill, not 3.  So it has a longer ttk

Though I agree with all of this and think the RFP is already OP, but as Skitty said, the nerf means it'll always take at least 4 bursts to kill, if I'm not mistaken, in the current version, you need to land 8 out of 9 shots in those bursts to kill, with the damage nerf, it'll need at least 10 shots, meaning larger ttk.

Let's test this, maybe somehow the range will make sense..

What I'm more worried about though is the ammo boxes and shield becoming really useless.. I think 2 min cooldown makes them garbage, and no inventory access kills half the reason you may ever need them and Boombox is still as useless as ever.

Just now, N66 said:

What I'm more worried about though is the ammo boxes and shield becoming really useless.. I think 2 min cooldown makes them garbage, and no inventory access kills half the reason you may ever need them and Boombox is still as useless as ever.

The deployable ammo box currently renders the field supplier completely useless. There's currently no downside to using something like a spotter or a blowtorch when you can resupply and change weapons in the yellow ammo box. Yellow mods should just get removed tbh

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Parthian said:

-snip-

Those stats already exist on live. Neither of them have the accuracy to reliably hit their targets at that range, which makes it all the more of a joke.

29 minutes ago, Parthian said:

45637ae2179a86d190f1ce365cc89255.png

Yeah
You know
the TTK and drop off they already have?

crazy how you guys deliberately trying to kill the game, RFP drop off starts at 65? insane

Edited by cheater

I wonder why nothing is happening with Xbox version?

Just for anyone who is curious, I've done the math.

a747c80f70a94f11b869da52d113699a.png

And it creates a graph like this:

PwQFv9Y.png

Orange is the proposed changes at range, blue is the current range. Range is at the bottom.

In short:

The proposed changes will mean the RFP-9 will take a longer time to kill, but will be able to reach out a much longer range in tandem. It's magazine capacity is of no consequence immediately.

Edited by SKay
Explaining the numbers really quick
  • Like 1

lol, nerfing oca but leaving pmg. I dare you to touch the ntec....some people will lose their mind 

2 minutes ago, SKay said:

Just for anyone who is curious, I've done the math.

a747c80f70a94f11b869da52d113699a.png

And it creates a graph like this:

PwQFv9Y.png

Orange is the proposed changes at range, blue is the current range.

So there are changes which sound bad on paper and then there are changes which are cases of "abort! we've gone too far Jim"

This is next level, we talking trying to set up a colony on the sun

6 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

oh please, i own the IR3 RFP and normally dominate within its range with it. Increasing the range is too much imo, especially if they dont increase the TTK, or nerf its accuracy to prevent it from 3 hitting at that range consistently.

they DID increase the ttk though. It's a 4-burst kill now.

But yeah I agree that the range buff is stupid.

The community has been asking for a NERF, not a SIDEGRADE.

Also, getting killed reliably by an RFP at 40+m was the biggest problem IMO and that massive range increase will absolutely NOT fix this.

You basically nerfed the RFP's niche (reliable massive damage in close range while under cover) and massively buffed the very reason why people hate it in the first place (high reliability at assault rifle ranges)

Edited by TheHidden-Tember
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yikes on those RFP changes haha

why are 3 secondaries in this game as good or more less better than primaries, unique balancing philosophy.

and why are there realistically only 3 secondaries worth using (though aren't they just second primaries at this point lol)

so after this rfp change what is going to happen to the ACT 44 and RSA now lol? Did you forget about those guns, they're going to be relegated to nothingness, they're so unreliable (as they should be though since they're secondaries). What happened to having secondaries that we're ok'ish, fall back weapons which the RSA and ACT 44 currently fall into.

Edited by Shini
  • Like 11