Jump to content
Seedy

Something must be done about dethreaters. They are rife

Recommended Posts

Really getting to a point now where you cant even move for dethreaters in Citadel. Every game there are people who are serious pros at APB running round with the best mods and guns, alwyas in set up groups and always in Bronze district. APB is turning in to a shit fest. I would go on as well about the trigger bots and suspicious play for the past week or so but really, does anyone give a shit. Also now that our Russian bretherin are going to be running all over citadel i think its time to throw in the towel.

 

Bronze is full of dethreaters. All GMs seem to be doing is chatting in district about some bullshoot and nothing gets done. We had a guy in our team there killing us all off at every opportunity and then took the task item to the other teams base! We told the GM and there was no reply. This happened two games in a row! This is beyond fixable now. I wanted APB to succeed but it seems its too late. The engine upgrade will just be the final nail in this over rotten coffin. Nothing can fix APB. Im not putting another penny in to APB. Its over.

Edited by Seedy
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real sad part here is you still playing in Bronze districts for the past forever years.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I have seen you and you're a R180+ player iirc. Don't you think you're doing an unfair thing against a newbie who joined the game yday or few days back.

 

Yeah right you have an ir3 which u bought off from mp or unlocked which has the ability to fire +7m.

 

You have the hs3  which shrinks ur crosshair to a certain extent and u play against a player who doesnt own any of those or have the slightest idea abt it.

 

You have a clotting agent/ happy landing which the newbie is not aware of. You can jump from buildings while he cant and you kill him and day gg ez.

 

Lets not talk abt car surfers.

 

Lets not talk abt your 4 slotted vegas/pioneer equipped with nitrous3,steel plating vs a newbie who owns a calabria.

 

Lets not talk abt ur low yields while the newbie thinks that everyone must be having 2 nades how can seedy have 3? Ammo hack?!!!

 

How did seedy have a opgl and i dont? He simply doesnt aim bt i aim yet get killed by opgl. Am i geeting farmed by this guy?

 

Are u or are u not abusing the system as well sir?

Edited by Defibrillator
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Defibrillator said:

crap

The threat levels are a shit way to determine what skill level you're at.

 

What your character rank is doesn't really matter. You can give some bronze player my account and in a few days the account will be in silver, and eventually hit bronze level.

 

It doesn't matter what modifications or what weapons you have.

 

If you're shit. You're shit.

End of discussion.

 

Now to be on topic.

 

Yes dethreating is a major issue, and I feel there needs to be more GM's focused on policing the bronze districts. And I prefer legitimate GMs, not useless twats with fancy colored titles in front of their names discussing dumbshit.

 

It would be better to get GMs who don't enable their dumb title to simply play the game a bit in bronze, force their threat level to bronze or silver and play the game in bronze district.

 

They would see for themselves how shit the situation is. Regardless if it is Jericho or Citadel. Both servers have a major issue with how dethreating is handled and how often it is done. Even in the silver district there are people who will play the first 2 or so objectives, and then either team kill you, or go to the contacts and AFK until mission ends.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

 I have seen you and you're a R180+ player iirc. Don't you think you're doing an unfair thing against a newbie who joined the game yday or few days back.

 

Yeah right you have an ir3 which u bought off from mp or unlocked which has the ability to fire +7m.

 

You have the hs3  which shrinks ur crosshair to a certain extent and u play against a player who doesnt own any of those or have the slightest idea abt it.

 

You have a clotting agent/ happy landing which the newbie is not aware of. You can jump from buildings while he cant and you kill him and day gg ez.

 

Lets not talk abt car surfers.

 

Lets not talk abt your 4 slotted vegas/pioneer equipped with nitrous3,steel plating vs a newbie who owns a calabria.

 

Lets not talk abt ur low yields while the newbie thinks that everyone must be having 2 nades how can seedy have 3? Ammo hack?!!!

 

How did seedy have a opgl and i dont? He simply doesnt aim bt i aim yet get killed by opgl. Am i geeting farmed by this guy?

 

Are u or are u not abusing the system as well sir?

i dot have car surfer, I use the same gun all the time that I got from armas which anyone can go buy. When I am playing with new players, I talk to them and try to help them out. the golds I am plying against in bronze where I play (because I am not good enough to play silver where all the golds play) are running a mock in the district. the deliberately dethreat so they can get quick cheap kills and this in turn is killing the game. If you dont agree with what I =have said I can only assume you are doing it. Yes I have been here for years and years, Yes I am ranked 230 something or other but I am also a very mid leveld silver (probably closer to bronze) player,. Does this mean that because I am ranked 230 that I must be better than I am? 

 

As soon as players are gold they should be insta kicked from bronze. If they are in a team with others not gold then the whole team needs to be kicked.

 

27 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The real sad part here is you still playing in Bronze districts for the past forever years.

why is that sad? I do not have the skill to play with Golds so why would I go play in Silver district?

Silver district is for golds. I have spoke to golds when I join the silver district and ask them why they are there. They say Bronze is for low level players, silver is for high level players. So whats your point? Should  I play in a higher level district just because I have been here for a long time?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seedy said:

So whats your point?

3 minutes ago, Seedy said:

play in a higher level district just because I have been here for a long time

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 9:57 PM, Alani said:

 Both servers have a major issue with how dethreating is handled and how often it is done. Even in the silver district there are people who will play the first 2 or so objectives, and then either team kill you, or go to the contacts and AFK until mission ends.

Jus giving some gms on power doesnt sort out the dethreating prob. What will it prove if im AFK? i could do somethn important in my end than the mission. You do have the kick thing right? That doesnt give a gm the right to ban me lol. 

 

You do have a right in say when u get tk'ed bt he could say it was jus an accident. Unless the gms are watching every mission which is not possible. Afk and 2 teamkills gives them a banning power? Lol

 

I do agree dethreating is a problem. But i feel like newbies shd get what they play for. It is a diff between someone whoo has x hrs in the game and who has joined recently. Im sure that you never knew abt jump opening doors / jump-lean shooting when u started out

 

Merged.

 

On 8/14/2019 at 10:09 PM, Seedy said:

i dot have car surfer, I use the same gun all the time that I got from armas which anyone can go buy. When I am playing with new players, I talk to them and try to help them out. 

 

 

Take it from me, who was a bronze dist player in the past whos not really good even now. I play mostly in fc and occasionally in silver districts. Play against better skilled opponents and the more u learn. Put it this way. You say u talk to newbies help them and play. The newbie is getting better because of u whos a higher threat. Yet u hate playing against a higher threat player let alone silver district golds, not even the yellows in bronze dist. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Defibrillator said:

more crap

 

A proper GM would be able to determine whether or not the team killing or AFK is on purpose or not. It isn't hard to determine if something is on purpose. Dethreaters will repeatedly team kill and the incompetent team leader will ignore the team mate's pleas to kick them. Or the person killing is the team leader. It isn't hard for the GMs to look into the team chat either. Most people will apologize for accidentally killing someone or make some sort of reference of 'oh rip lol' that they killed someone on accident.

 

AFK is another issue entirely. When a dethreater 'AFKs' in a mission they will go to a contact area or some area a distance away from the mission objectives, and they will play around and do just enough to not receive the AFK demerit. Because to them demerits mean they will not lose enough rank or they could be kicked, and they don't want to be kicked as they would lose their dethreat simply because the mission will not count against them.

 

You don't need to ban people, simply kicking them to the login screen is sufficient. Getting kicked by a GM is a lot more powerful than simply banning someone. It tells the dipshit they were watched and someone saw them doing the stupid. Normal people will reflect on it and realize 'oh no this is a bad thing.' Banning should be reserved for those weirdos who constantly get kicked for such actions and think its their 'god given right' to dethreat because they cry about 'being bad at the game' as an excuse to dethreat and ruin everyone else's fun for their own.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Seedy said:

why is that sad? I do not have the skill to play with Golds so why would I go play in Silver district?

Silver district is for golds. I have spoke to golds when I join the silver district and ask them why they are there. They say Bronze is for low level players, silver is for high level players. So whats your point? Should  I play in a higher level district just because I have been here for a long time?

You've played APB for 8 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are a player with enough hours to fully grasp the game and have game sense slightly higher than a comatose hamster, and still main bronze district, you are part of the problem

Edited by Acornie
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Seedy said:

Really getting to a point now where you cant even move for dethreaters in Citadel. Every game there are people who are serious pros at APB running round with the best mods and guns, alwyas in set up groups and always in Bronze district. APB is turning in to a shit fest. I would go on as well about the trigger bots and suspicious play for the past week or so but really, does anyone give a shit. Also now that our Russian bretherin are going to be running all over citadel i think its time to throw in the towel.

 

Bronze is full of dethreaters. All GMs seem to be doing is chatting in district about some bullshoot and nothing gets done. We had a guy in our team there killing us all off at every opportunity and then took the task item to the other teams base! We told the GM and there was no reply. This happened two games in a row! This is beyond fixable now. I wanted APB to succeed but it seems its too late. The engine upgrade will just be the final nail in this over rotten coffin. Nothing can fix APB. Im not putting another penny in to APB. Its over.

Most of your post is actually off topic when read more thoroughly , but let stalk about this first post regardless so that we can try to clear this up better.

 

yes dethreating is a problem. No one is saying it is not unless they are flat out wrong on that part. but that is not the point either.

But lets cover what is Dethreating first so that its not a jumbled mess in here.

 

Dethreating is when a person who can earn gold status intentionally loses that status to get easier matches in a district they could not be in otherwise.

it is an intent to lose that status , and not meant to be implying that  anyone who gets gold is a dethreater if they are in bronze.

 

Now lets also stress the point that  trigger bots , Russians , and the Engine Upgrade are not related to Dethreating.

They are actually off topic points you made from being obviously stressed.

And lets face it , there are problems with APB that do stress us all out , but it is a work in progress , and that work takes time.

 

Anyways , the Gm's are a part of dethreating because they can then report to higher ups what they see however  the silence from them in district is most likely due to not being allowed to "name and shame" and/or take sides while an incident is happening.

Gm's , volunteer or paid Little Orbit Gm's , still have to go by that.

Otherwise they would just be adding toxic behavior to APB.

 

In other words just because a GM is chatting does not mean they did not file a report silently since they can not just take sides or add toxicity to the district chat.

Now that does not mean the  Gm did it as i said either , but meant to clear up that we don't know exactly what that Gm had to do and it is not fair to expect them to just take sides without investigating by their protocols.

 

now to ask a question  : why would an Engine Upgrade be a killer of APB to put a nail in a coffin , when that Engine Upgrade lets us fix APB properly with phasing which is one part of many things to fix dethreating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Alani said:

 

A proper GM would be able to determine whether or not the team killing or AFK is on purpose or not. It isn't hard to determine if something is on purpose. Dethreaters will repeatedly team kill and the incompetent team leader will ignore the team mate's pleas to kick them. Or the person killing is the team leader. It isn't hard for the GMs to look into the team chat either. Most people will apologize for accidentally killing someone or make some sort of reference of 'oh rip lol' that they killed someone on accident.

 

AFK is another issue entirely. When a dethreater 'AFKs' in a mission they will go to a contact area or some area a distance away from the mission objectives, and they will play around and do just enough to not receive the AFK demerit. Because to them demerits mean they will not lose enough rank or they could be kicked, and they don't want to be kicked as they would lose their dethreat simply because the mission will not count against them.

 

You don't need to ban people, simply kicking them to the login screen is sufficient. Getting kicked by a GM is a lot more powerful than simply banning someone. It tells the dipshit they were watched and someone saw them doing the stupid. Normal people will reflect on it and realize 'oh no this is a bad thing.' Banning should be reserved for those weirdos who constantly get kicked for such actions and think its their 'god given right' to dethreat because they cry about 'being bad at the game' as an excuse to dethreat and ruin everyone else's fun for their own.

Been a dethreater in the past..one afk, one teamkill, 2 self inflicting stuns/kills would suffice. Few missions like this and ure good as new.

 

Or do u wanna do it the hard way bro?

Threat system works mostly on the scores. I can jus feed the enemy making him get ez kills and kill only one person without getting demerits. Few missions and done.

Scores like 1-0-12 for few missions ull dethreat.

 

I can simply say im not skilled enough. A gm doesnt know whether i ran to the guy and did nthn bt shoot thin air. I ll call myself unskilled.

 

What if i told u i always stay in my mission area and participate in a mission and at the same time dethreat and say gg? I feel bad for doin this in the past srsly.

 

 

Edited by Defibrillator
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You've played APB for 8 years.

I personally play in both districts but cant get good points from golds and average 400 points.

Only quoting you to ask what your opinion is on where I should more likely be.

I would play  both districts regardless , but just want your opinion.

 

3 minutes ago, Acornie said:

If you are a player with enough hours to fully grasp the game and have game sense slightly higher than a comatose hamster, and still main bronze district, you are part of the problem

This is not a good way to determine who deserves to play against golds and who does not.

Anyone can know the game but that doesn't mean they have the computer , internet speeds , and skill to stop golds from farming them 20+ kills against them and being lucky to get 5 with a good team.

And this definitely does not make them a part of the dethreating problem in doing so since they would have to actually dethreat to be a part of the problem of detheating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fortune Runner said:

~snip~

There is absolutely no reason you should be in a district with new players. 

 

No reason. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

This is not a good way to determine who deserves to play against golds and who does not.

Anyone can know the game but that doesn't mean they have the computer , internet speeds , and skill to stop golds from farming them 20+ kills against them and being lucky to get 5 with a good team.

And this definitely does not make them a part of the dethreating problem in doing so since they would have to actually dethreat to be a part of the problem of detheating.

I admit I was being a bit hyperbolic (if you couldn't tell) a less joking statement to make is if you can hit gold, ever, then you shouldn't be playing in bronze. Ever since I started playing again in 2016 there was an entire crowd of players who always played bronze when they shouldn't, so incrementally the skill of the players coming and ravaging bronze kept going up and up and up until it's the the joke it is today, and most people think they have an excuse to be in there when they really don't.

Also, knowing the game trumps everything else; I have a friend who plays at under 30 fps: Is better than me. I have a friend who plays with over 220ms, much better than me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

There is absolutely no reason you should be in a district with new players. 

 

No reason. 

To an extent I agree that new players should not be with those who have been here.

That's not our fault either though that new players wind up in bronze/silver instead of green distinct ,  when its the coding that needs to be fixed to prevent that.

 

But punishing players who can not play against golds by kicking them all to silver for not being new will not solve anything properly either and would most likely get people to quit APB even more so.

Stuck in the problem of if new players get unfair fights they quit and if players not good enough to fight golds get unfair fights they quit.

 

hope phasing is soon to clean this mess up.

 

10 minutes ago, Acornie said:

I admit I was being a bit hyperbolic (if you couldn't tell) a less joking statement to make is if you can hit gold, ever, then you shouldn't be playing in bronze. Ever since I started playing again in 2016 there was an entire crowd of players who always played bronze when they shouldn't, so incrementally the skill of the players coming and ravaging bronze kept going up and up and up until it's the the joke it is today, and most people think they have an excuse to be in there when they really don't.

Also, knowing the game trumps everything else; I have a friend who plays at under 30 fps: Is better than me. I have a friend who plays with over 220ms, much better than me.

skill and knowledge doe matter of course

and i do agree those who hit gold by earning it and not being carried) should not ever be in bronze

that part cant be stressed enough since those who hit gold by earning it would have to dethreat to still be in bronze.

 

 

Anyways my main point in my posts is while i do agree with you guys , we have to make sure we are not bias towards others either

And this is a high rise tight rope act that no one likes.

 

Until phasing happens theres no clear winners here ,  unless people actually grow a heart towards their APB community and stop detheating which is unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing new. Imagine if all those dethreaters would live the district, you would be left with the same 10 players to fight against

 

LO can't really solve this issue, population is too low currently and its the same players so..it's pretty much get good or leave the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

 

That's not our fault 

It is your fault.

You choose to continue to play there. 

Don't make excuses for being a bad guy. 

You have free will. You choose to play against noobs. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

It is your fault.

You choose to continue to play there. 

Don't make excuses for being a bad guy. 

You have free will. You choose to play against noobs. 

 

I am not guilty of dethreating.

And I never go all out against noobs but I do I teach and train people when I can ( language barriers are hard)

 

and by your own judgement golds should not be in silver , which is how this mess started to begin with so get moving  then so we can all have fair fights. 😜

I'm kidding we both know we cant from low population , or we couldn't play.

and we both know silvers are allowed in bronze just as golds are allowed in silver.

 

it will take phasing to fix all of this since we do not have a better solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how everyone makes it like it is everyones error but not themselves ,the games is DEAD becuase playing it is not fun,golds playing in silver have the same fault at silvers playing in bronze,new players that are actually good at the game would hit silver and face 255 golds(they dont use the advance tab) as a bronze would face 255 silvers,and if u are high silver and go silver is the same u will get destroyed by the golds and quit the game same as bronzes in bronze district.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RCooper said:

I love how everyone makes it like it is everyones error but not themselves ,the games is DEAD becuase playing it is not fun,golds playing in silver have the same fault at silvers playing in bronze,new players that are actually good at the game would hit silver and face 255 golds(they dont use the advance tab) as a bronze would face 255 silvers,and if u are high silver and go silver is the same u will get destroyed by the golds and quit the game same as bronzes in bronze district.

 

 

actualyl i said how i dont want to be playing bronzes nor golds but want phasing to fix this mess

also said that does not = dethreaters since if you earn gold without being carried you shouldn't be in bronze and would have to detheat to be there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Dethreaters are unliminted in APB, i hope LO will delete the sh*tta threat system and make a more complex one, because the actual works but not as intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The real sad part here is you still playing in Bronze districts for the past forever years.

sad part is he maybe gold in the bronze district and other people are complaining about him as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...