Seedy

Something must be done about dethreaters. They are rife

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

actualyl i said how i dont want to be playing bronzes nor golds but want phasing to fix this mess

also said that does not = dethreaters since if you earn gold without being carried you shouldn't be in bronze and would have to detheat to be there

Yeah phasing will be the only things that can fix this mess or the game will die

46 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

It will take phasing to fix all of this since we do not have a better solution.

Only because players like you refuse to do the right thing. 

• Like 1

If you are rank 200+ you shouldn't even be allowed to play in bronze district. I tried teaching my new buddy how to play APB yesterday to only face max rank "silvers" who then go to gold and dethreat at the end of the day to keep up the cycle of staying in bronze district. They go tryhard and I cannot imagine a new players perspective of the game if the first match they get is versus max ranks who has 1000+ hours in the game and are still in bronze district. I know there are legit some bad players who are max rank but still having 1000+ hours and facing new players who only have a few hours in the game isnt fair at all and will deter pretty much any new player from continuing  playing the game. I feel that there should be a level cap or hour cap to be able to stay in the bronze district or even if you don't implement that something needs to change or this community will never grow. This game needs to be more friendly to new players or we will steadily decline in the player pop.

55 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Only because players like you refuse to do the right thing. 

The right thing?

I am not a detheeating gold , and I take the time to try teaching new players.

I am a silver who plays in bronze as well as silver districts , who is not good enough to earn gold or I would not ever be in bronze.

And lets not forget silvers are allowed in bronze just as much as golds are allowed in silver which means I didnt break any rules since I'm not a dethreater.

I take the time to teach new players , and lets face it there are not many new players , but when there are whether they be my team or ops I take the time to teach them without going all out on ops.

So do tell , how is it my bad for doing good for them when I am not a dethreater nor do I go al out on lower ops but take the time to teach them?

Edit : this is not meant to argue but want to see your view to understand more.

Edited by Fortune Runner

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

The right thing?

I am a silver who plays in bronze as well as silver districts , who is not good enough to earn gold or I would not ever be in bronze.

And lets not forget silvers are allowed in bronze just as much as golds are allowed in silver which means I didnt break any rules since I'm not a dethreater.

I take the time to teach new players , and lets face it there are not many new players , but when there are whether they be my team or ops I take the time to teach them without going all out on ops.

So do tell , how is it my bad for doing good for them when I am not a dethreater nor do I go al out on lower ops but take the time to teach them?

Save your excuses, homie.

You don't have to be breaking any rules to be a bad guy.

By staying in bronze, you make matches less fair in both Bronze and Silver.

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

you are only projecting it onto me to blame me for what I did not do.

I am not a dethreater. period.

I have a silver designation and can play in bronze and silver by the rules.

however you still wish to unjustly blame me for what I did not do wrong.

if a person did not do something wrong by rules or morals then they are not the bad guy.

I did not farm "new players" nor did i farm bronzes. I'm known for wanting fair fights as well as others there.

i take the time to teach them how to play.

The dethreaters however do not want fair fights and are the ones farming noobs.

fyi about playing against golds :

I get on average less than 500 points total.

does that say I belong there ? I doubt many would say so.

I go there to get better against stronger people but when you can be lucky to get 4 to 5 kills vs 20+ kills from a gold you dont get a fair fight nor really learn anything.

saying for me to be stomped on does exactly to me what you said i do to others. its bias and unfair to say so.

The only thing that I know of to solve this spiral is the phasing that is planned and I hope it comes VERY soon.

10 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

~snip~

Save the bullshoot.

Can =/= should

Its not rocket science.

35 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Save the bullshoot.

Can =/= should

Its not rocket science.

I did not do what you accused me of.

the other day a person who was new was ram raiding on Jericho in bronze financial , and i believe it may of been another crim who started stealing their van from them.

The person upset sounded like they didn't know to buy their own van and a few of us asked if they had it unlocked

when those of us in district chat  found out they did not we offered them one.

doing good is not evil and your condemning is not justified.

anyways like i said the matchmaking problems can only be solved with phasing so I hope it comes soon

Edited by Fortune Runner

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

The right thing?

I do understand what u're saying. I suggest you to try this

-Start playing in fc's.

Why fight clubs you might ask me. Fight clubs are for fast paced action. Even a gold threat player who is really good in action districts suck in a fc. I am not talking about someone whos really good with killsteals. It is all about survival and at the same time you can master a set of weapons.

The main thing is you dont have to worry abt a teammate who keep on pestering you to do this do that.

On 8/14/2019 at 10:26 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You've played APB for 8 years.

So then by your reckoning I should be a top tier gold? If this is not what your saying then what the fuck is your point?

On 8/14/2019 at 11:40 PM, illgot said:

sad part is he maybe gold in the bronze district and other people are complaining about him as well.

did you actually read anything I typed? I am silver and I play in a bronze district BECAUSE GOLDS ONLY PLAY IN SILVER AND I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY IN THERE!

Merged.

On 8/15/2019 at 1:12 AM, Fortune Runner said:

The right thing?

what @CookiePuss is saying to me and you both (as we are both in exactly the same frame of mind here) is that he never plays in Bronze OR Silver and as he is Gold he only plays in Gold districts. Isnt it? If not then what he is saying is he plays in Silver which is totally hypocritical as he too is playing in a lower threat district than his threat of Gold. Or maybe hes just trolling as usual.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Seedy said:

So then by your reckoning I should be a top tier gold? If this is not what your saying then what the fuck is your point?

did you actually read anything I typed? I am silver and I play in a bronze district BECAUSE GOLDS ONLY PLAY IN SILVER AND I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY IN THERE!

Gold at the very least.

If you've played a game for 8 years and are still bronze/silver I have to really question.

2 hours ago, Seedy said:

That is an excuse.  You know the game better than the new players yet are happy to stomp them into the ground.

When the same thing happens to you (what you think of dethreaters) it is a travesty and must be stopped.

You have been playing the game long enough that you should not be stomping greens in the bronze district. You are doing the exact same thing you are complaining about.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Seedy said:

Really getting to a point now where you cant even move for dethreaters in Citadel. Every game there are people who are serious pros at APB running round with the best mods and guns, alwyas in set up groups and always in Bronze district. APB is turning in to a shit fest. I would go on as well about the trigger bots and suspicious play for the past week or so but really, does anyone give a shit. Also now that our Russian bretherin are going to be running all over citadel i think its time to throw in the towel.

Bronze is full of dethreaters. All GMs seem to be doing is chatting in district about some bullshoot and nothing gets done. We had a guy in our team there killing us all off at every opportunity and then took the task item to the other teams base! We told the GM and there was no reply. This happened two games in a row! This is beyond fixable now. I wanted APB to succeed but it seems its too late. The engine upgrade will just be the final nail in this over rotten coffin. Nothing can fix APB. Im not putting another penny in to APB. Its over.

Please not this again.  Dethreating is a symptom of a bigger problem, must be really hard to wrap your head around it....

And I already explained to you why it's very unlikely people to cheat in bronze but if you wanna believe bronze is full of cheaters - it's your choice.

Did you know you can kick team killers from the the team :)?

Btw russians are already on Citadel, the merge will do nothing.

Listen guy, if ya want the truth, fine. They dont care. They havn't gave two poops since they came into control, not to mention the unban waves that unbanned pretty much all the cheaters and as for dethreating...welcome to apb, where if you play in bronze you get rekt by stasis gold that is silver but is actually gold. Don't like it? Delete system32 or uninstall, simple. NEXT!

2 hours ago, Seedy said:

Or maybe hes just trolling as usual.

we like trolling each other to goof off so that's all I see it as.

Its our thing

we all know how with low population we couldnt get matches if the population went to only their color district

but with phasing it should theoretically let us in Jericho  match with citadel players if ping allows it which is what i am hoping for.

its why i want phasing working properly asap since it would solve so many issues at once

We don't have 4 levels of districts to play in. 

We have 2. 

This is the reality, 2 sets of districts. 

Is everyone with me so far? 

Beginners should not be placed into silver districts. 

This means beginners should play in bronze districts. 

New players should not have to face players with years of experience and possibly thousands of hours in game. 

APB has next to no new player retention. 

This is a direct result of veteran players playing in what is the only set of districts new players should be in. 

If you aren't new, stay out of the beginner districts. 

If all veterans played in silver, matches would be more fair for EVERYONE.  Even now silver districts often have more silver players than gold. If all veterans played in silver you wouldn't be facing top tier golds ever time like in the fantasy scenario vets who play in bronze like to talk about. 

FFS, this is about as simple a concept as there is. I honestly cannot believe anyone is confused about it. 

Oh yea ima just join silver and get pooped on every match and end up 0-20, least i get a kill in bronze. Dont pull the "its more fair in silver" bs, thats a fat lie and you know it, you just want kills for your next role -.-

Edited by AquaSensei
typo

Just now, AquaSensei said:

Oh yea ima just join silver and get pooped on every match and end up 0-20, least i get a kill in bronze. Dont pull the "its more fair in silver" bs, thats a fat lie andy ou know it, you just want kills for your next role -.-

If you think this you haven't been in silver recently. 

And obviously I could turn around and use the "you just want kills for your next role" on any veteran who plays in bronze. 

Also, for anyone waiting for phasing to solve this problem, who is it you think phasing is going to put you up against? 

Spoiler alert: It won't be the noobs you are facing now, so you might want to get used to finally facing the players you should. 

Cool so ill get matchs against a player with the same weapons i have and still get rekt, thanks, glad apb ridding all the non pay to play players, good game LO.

1 hour ago, AquaSensei said:

Cool so ill get matchs against a player with the same weapons i have and still get rekt, thanks, glad apb ridding all the non pay to play players, good game LO.

Unless you are new to the game do you not see the issue here?

You are causing the same problems you are complaining about.  No matter how "bad" you are, no seasoned player should be playing in the bronze district against people who barely have more than the starting equipment and zero grasp of how the game works.

By playing in an area in which you dominate (bronze district) you are driving away potentially new players so you can have your fun by stomping green-bronze threat players.

Edited by illgot

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

We don't have 4 levels of districts to play in. 

We have 2. 

This is the reality, 2 sets of districts. 

Is everyone with me so far? 

Beginners should not be placed into silver districts. 

This means beginners should play in bronze districts. 

New players should not have to face players with years of experience and possibly thousands of hours in game. 

APB has next to no new player retention. 

This is a direct result of veteran players playing in what is the only set of districts new players should be in. 

If you aren't new, stay out of the beginner districts. 

If all veterans played in silver, matches would be more fair for EVERYONE.  Even now silver districts often have more silver players than gold. If all veterans played in silver you wouldn't be facing top tier golds ever time like in the fantasy scenario vets who play in bronze like to talk about. 

FFS, this is about as simple a concept as there is. I honestly cannot believe anyone is confused about it. 

Back when EU had 1500-1800 players, golds still were playing in silver district so the whole "there's not enough population" is not entirely true. In fact on EU even with 600 people now golds can fill 1 financial and waterfront and silvers can fill their district too and bronze to be left for new players.

Yes, US doesn't have population so it makes "sense" to put silvers and golds together but US is the smaller server so why the hell LO has to do such drastic changes just to cater to the smaller server? And really, silvers will get roflstomped, matchmaking is a joke.

You continue to push this absurd idea to lump everyone with experience into the same district as if everyone with experience is at the same skill level. Those issues are symptoms of several problems, some of them come from top to bottom therefore the solutions have to be aimed there.

Retention sucks because many reasons, silvers in bronze is the last of them. Tutorial sucks, game has initial high learning curve, optimization is awful, reviews are awful.

The reality is that currently there's no solution that would be fair to everyone. People need to stop making those threads, wait for engine update and cross-district matchmaking and old players coming back.

13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Doesn't the same logic apply for golds in silver though :^)?

Edited by Sayori

I wrote this up for a different thread but I think it fits in this one better so I'll put it here instead.

A few days ago I met a newbie in a mission in the silver Waterfront.  He had no clue what he was doing and was asking questions in chat that weren't being answered so I invited him to a group and since we lost the mission pretty hard I just happened to go silver at that moment.  So I basically told him that he's gonna want to go to the bronze district and I took him there.  My god was that a shit show.  We didn't go up against a single low level for the rest of the night.  [For context before you flame me for being in bronze, I very rarely go into a bronze district unless it's to help teach a new guy how to play, and in missions if we go up against someone I perceive to also be somewhat new I always go really easy on them, and I only play normally against higher leveled players]  Well needless to say, all of our opposition were near max rank golds or silvers, so missions didn't go very well but still better than in the silver district.  By the time he had to leave I think he had a pretty good grasp on how to play and he said he really likes the game now that he actually understands what to do. 

If you see a new player struggling then please try doing something like this with them.  The tutorial system in the game is shit and 90% of the time new players don't know that they have to do the tutorial to get items that they need like grenades and Field Supplier.  New player retention is by far APB's biggest problem, and that stems from the game being so difficult to learn and start out in combined with the community's unwillingness to help someone new.  However if you take some time out of your day to group up with a newbie and teach them the basics then that'll seriously increase their chance of staying.  It's a lot easier to learn with a teacher than just a book.

Side note:

It was ridiculous the kind of answers he was getting in the chat for just asking questions about how to play.  Just stupid vague responses that don't really answer the question.  To anyone who would rather crack jokes than help out someone new who is struggling, you're part of the problem and are only helping to kill APB faster.

• Thanks 1

Dethreating is definitely an issue but I'm honestly not sure it will ever be solved unless completely new matchmaking principles are established....OR the game's population is revived (but that won't happen for years at best).

21 hours ago, Acornie said:

If you are a player with enough hours to fully grasp the game and have game sense slightly higher than a comatose hamster, and still main bronze district, you are part of the problem

I don't think you acknowledge it's more complicated than that. For myself, I've been playing the game for 1.3k hours and I'm R255, but I've always played like shit due to my hardware & internet limitations. You cannot generalize according to play time since some people have been in the same skill area for years and years. However, I am completely against people who obviously don't fit in the bronze server, which I think most of us know by name (yet we see them complaining about how the game is dying for "some reason" in forums) and also against using R195 mods against them. I usually take it very easy against new players, and I know a lot of people who do the same.

I also think removing that stupid R195 mod restriction and allowing OSMAW & OPGL to be bought with much less play time would be a good idea.