Kitty Yekaterina

About 2 new hairstyle's with engine upgrade

@MattScott  @Lixil  Thank you in advance for the two new hairstyles but I was wondering, wouldn't it be easier for you guys if you simply used all the current hairstyles you already got in apb, and simply just make an ability of combining all of them among each other? Like divide them at parts some of them already are divided at :   Fringe, length of hair, back of the head, etc.

I mean you wouldn't have to bug with entirely new programming, but simply reprogramming of what you already got in your game. 

I did little example of combining fringe of hairstyle number 23 and 3 with hairstyle 6 (long hair but no fringe on front head). 

Instead of only two new hairstyles you can get 30x3 combinations of all your current styles which is like you added 90 new unique hairstyles  people could use.   What do you think guys? 😊

EKFJATq.jpg

tkmNp6R.jpg

34a8wvg.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have no idea if the programming would be simple (considering this is APB, probably not...), but I am deffo in favour of as many hairstyles and hair options as possible, without breaking the game or the performance even more.

...for chest hair as well.

• Like 1

You would just be creating a new menu entirely for hair.

It isn't hard to separate the pieces of hair, but it will be hard to set the pieces up in a way that wouldn't look janky or out of place when combining different pieces of hair.

APB doesn't have hair physics, so its not as challenging as it could be.

6 hours ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

@MattScott @Lixil   Заранее   спасибо за две новые прически, но мне было интересно, разве вам, ребята, не будет проще, если вы просто используете все существующие прически, которые вы уже получили в apb, и просто сделаете возможность комбинировать все из них друг с другом? Как разделить их на части, некоторые из них уже разделены на: бахрому, длину волос, затылок и т. Д.

Я имею в виду, что вам не придется ошибаться с совершенно новым программированием, а просто перепрограммировать то, что вы уже получили в своей игре. 

Я сделал небольшой пример сочетания бахромы прически № 23 и 3 с прической 6 (длинные волосы, но без бахромы на передней части головы). 

Вместо двух новых причесок вы можете получить 30x3 комбинаций всех ваших текущих стилей, как будто вы добавили 90 новых уникальных причесок, которые могут использовать люди. Что вы думаете, ребята? 😊

EKFJATq.jpg

tkmNp6R.jpg

34a8wvg.jpg

This is a very good and cool offer.

• Like 1

I'd first want to know if the new engine can simulate clothing physics. And if yes, will anything ever be done with it (like renewing some content) ?

Also, is the back of the head even rendered with a hairstyle on? Some games I know do that, meanwhile for example pso2 renders only the front of the face and the hairstyle (if you run the game for long and things struggle to render you can literally see faceless hair or hairless faces with no back of the head). In APB's case I'm not sure.

Edited by Haganu
and boob physics

Still plastic hair textures I see.
How about separating hairs in, front, middle and rear part, and letting users combine them to make your unique hairstyle? @MattScott

for anyone wondering where the new hairstyles came from

36c9ce9b77e08d97f239b177b99259f9.png

• Thanks 2

On 8/14/2019 at 3:42 AM, Kitty Yekaterina said:

new hairstyles

I like your ideas.

On 8/14/2019 at 6:31 AM, Alani said:

You would just be creating a new menu entirely for hair.

It isn't hard to separate the pieces of hair, but it will be hard to set the pieces up in a way that wouldn't look janky or out of place when combining different pieces of hair.

APB doesn't have hair physics, so its not as challenging as it could be.

True

but I also hope after critical updates needed for APB like phasing , matchmaking and other things , that a physics overhaul is made for hair and clothing

On 8/14/2019 at 10:01 AM, Haganu said:

I'd first want to know if the new engine can simulate clothing physics. And if yes, will anything ever be done with it (like renewing some content) ? 

I do not believe the current engine can , but the Engine Upgrade should be able to as long as the physics engine is updated to be able to.

On 8/14/2019 at 6:29 AM, CookiePuss said:

Can I have this hairstyle? 

no you have to share and let others have it too. 😅

but yes I second this - it would most likely be a  popular addition with how a touch chick would fit APB perfectly