MartisLTU

Doesnt feel like "LO" doing much.

Still ppl. using most meta weapons non stop. ( cant get good weapon balance so ppl. would start to use other weapons than just pmg, jg, nfas, ntec and nhvr ).

Still getting mini freezes.

Still cant get better respawn system.

Still seen glitched mission items.

Still seen few full blatant cheaters .

Still cant get better hitbox.

Still engine update is SOON tm.

Still dead.

.....etc.....

PeskyAdventurousLeveret-max-1mb.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Still dead.

tbh i sorta "came back" a few days ago, and i dont think its dead. it's stayed the same since ive left which i thought was surprising. was still able to get missions. just not able to get missions near midnight like way back when.

They're fixing a bunch of stuff alongside the engine upgrade, so there's that.

I expect that all the little things will be taken care of when the chunky thing is out of the way.

• Like 1

This time I jump in defense of LO - company is too small to handle game fast hence why illusion of "we don't do anything"

You can search online. I found like 23 offical employees and some sites at best estimate number of overall employees to be 50.

Good luck maintaining regularly such game with such numbers.

shouldn’t you be discussing your feelings with a licensed therapist?

1 hour ago, MartisLTU said:

Still ppl. using most meta weapons non stop. ( cant get good weapon balance so ppl. would start to use other weapons than just pmg, jg, nfas, ntec and nhvr ).

not mentioning oca and rfp

0/10 thread

1 minute ago, Rat1oNRUs said:

spawn system is the only thing that grinds my gears the most tbh

i still dont know if the old system was better or worse.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

just not able to get missions near midnight like way back when.

really? where do you live?

Cali time I played until midnight lately.

not all the time like it used to be but its been happening lately and I cant remember the last time I  could play all day and night.

9 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

In some ways the old system was better like being closer

but in some ways it was worse like spawning in predictable places and no cover only to get spawn farmed easily.

the new system in waterfront spawns us 100 away but at times that's across the water and might be closer to 300ish once you go all the way around those long paths

9 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

worse because at least now you can choose between a variety of garbage spawns, but the underlying system/spawn map is still exactly the same afaik

Still ppl. using most meta weapons non stop. ( cant get good weapon balance so ppl. would start to use other weapons than just pmg, jg, nfas, ntec and nhvr ). - They announced a new weapon balance pass

Still getting mini freezes. - Old Engine which is overloaded with badly optimized features

Still cant get better respawn system. - Too big to be considered something they could do before 3.5

Still seen glitched mission items -. Such as? Report the missions, I'll double check.

Still seen few full blatant cheaters . - No comment on that one, I haven't played much as of late

Still cant get better hitbox. - Hitboxes are fine the way they are.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 1

TBH, LO has done a lot of QoL things, mainly to try to clear G1 of the whole "MoneysFirst" title, haha. But other than that, a lot of the big features are kinda in the Soon™ state, as they've always been. I feel like the first year was more like a prep phase, and the 2nd year will be where things start to come together. LO has been very generous over the past year and I think we just need to give them a bit more time to solidify the engine upgrade so that we can get more balance and stability changes. So like, you're not wrong to criticize them...after all the game is still very unfun since people use the same weapons due to poor balance...but at the same time you can't just invalidate all the things they have done.

EDIT: wanted to respond to this bullshoot

10 minutes ago, Frosi said:

They announced a new weapon balance pass

OK but it isn't here right now. We're talking about things that are in the live servers right now, not what is to come. (Cause in that case, lets include the fucking engine upgrade in there). And for another thing, the upcoming weapon balance pass could be as big of a failure as the shotgun balance that got released in the past.

Old Engine which is overloaded with badly optimized features

And the community has been waiting how long for a new engine? lmao. Sure, LO has only been working on it for a year, but G1 took multiple years and made so many bullshoot promises to the community.

Too big to be considered something they could do before 3.5

This is impossible to argue against; I agree. The only thing though is that 3.5 should've really been out a long time ago (but G1 pre-LO decided to develop console versions for some reason).

Hitboxes are fine the way they are.

Lol, no they aren't if you're telling me hitboxes like these are fine in 2019, you're crazy. For one thing, you can still hit above someone's head and nowhere near someone's arm and still hit them. The hitboxes do need changes, I don't think you can convince me otherwise.

Edited by Goldtiger

31 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

i feel like spawn system has gotten worse the last 10 days, for some reason i can't choose a spawn location within 100m, i always spawn 150-200m away from tasks.

15 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

Lol, no they aren't if you're telling me hitboxes like these are fine in 2019, you're crazy. For one thing, you can still hit above someone's head and nowhere near someone's arm and still hit them. The hitboxes do need changes, I don't think you can convince me otherwise.

Would you rather have everyone run around at the smallest character size? Also by your logic it would mean that male characters would have a considerably larger hitbox. APB's hitboxes are this way because of the customization.

17 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

And the community has been waiting how long for a new engine? lmao. Sure, LO has only been working on it for a year, but G1 took multiple years and made so many bullshoot promises to the community.

I feel like you get a pretty good idea of what kind of state the engine was in when LO picked up the game by reading through Matt's 3.5 update posts over the past year. I'm not gonna go further into this.

19 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

OK but it isn't here right now. We're talking about things that are in the live servers right now, not what is to come. (Cause in that case, lets include the fucking engine upgrade in there). And for another thing, the upcoming weapon balance pass could be as big of a failure as the shotgun balance that got released in the past.

Sure it isn't right now but honestly, atleast they are trying to improve aspects of the game. LO made more changes to the game in a year than G1 did in the past 2-3 years of their time with the game. Also yes, last time weapon balance didn't go well but keep in mind that LO is still learning every day, Matt realized that pushing the weapon balance patch back then wasn't a good idea and he did the damage control needed even if it took a few weeks. This time around, they can approach it in a far more experienced manner, hopefully leading to a more extensive testing period to have the community and SPCT test the changes and give their feedback.

22 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

(but G1 pre-LO decided to develop console versions for some reason).

As far as I know the PC engine upgrade quite literally only exists because they wanted to put the game on consoles and we all know how well that worked out for them.

42 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

there’s not really any way to “fix” hitboxes without cutting out customization options  

4 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

All of these weapon are the F2P standard of APB. I don't know whats wrong here? Do you want the meta to shift over to ARMAS (or Joker Store) only weapons? That pushes APB into a slight P2W area, doesn't it? They also announced a new weapon balance pass which will happen soon. 

Yeah you would think the least they can do is ban cheaters. Despite several players sending video evidence of multiple players cheating on stream, they don't ban them. We are quite literally doing the work for them but they don't even bother banning. This company really has no clue how to manage their game and it shows. 

• Like 1

Or why do we have to wait for the engine upgrade for such a simple nerf on the RFP and RFP fang or JG?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Speedz said:

All of these weapon are the F2P standard of APB. I don't know whats wrong here? Do you want the meta to shift over to ARMAS (or Joker Store) only weapons? That pushes APB into a slight P2W area, doesn't it? They also announced a new weapon balance pass which will happen soon. 

I don't want  to shift meta weapons ... i want to get rid of them. Gap between weapons in APB is too great, we have tons of weapons tho only few of them are used due to ez/op specs. Everyone time to time get bit upset when they lose against some one with those ez/op weapons.

Yes, weapons should be different in specs, characteristics ..etc ,but it shouldn't be so far away from each other. 

I don't know how to explain it right.

3 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

I don't want  to shift meta weapons ... i want to get rid of them. Gap between weapons in APB is too great, we have tons of weapons tho only few of them are used due to ez/op specs. Everyone time to time get bit upset when they lose against some one with those ez/op weapons.

Yes, weapons should be different in specs, characteristics ..etc ,but it shouldn't be so far away from each other. 

I don't know how to explain it right.

you can't get rid of meta weapons because there will always be weapons that offer the easiest maximum performance versus other weapons, thats how balance works

Although obviously the "nothing" from RP has left a bad taste.  The "nothing" from LO is seriously just them actually working hard to make the game better.  Currently there's just a learning process on their part for the new content they've been making (Not RIOT in particular FYI).

• Like 1

They,re doing theur best to make sure APB it's coming back great and better.

5 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Although obviously the "nothing" from RP has left a bad taste.  The "nothing" from LO is seriously just them actually working hard to make the game better.  Currently there's just a learning process on their part for the new content they've been making (Not RIOT in particular FYI).

yeah bro i can tell ppl be cheating on stream, I send in video proof and they are still cheating months on stream months after 

• Like 3