blockblack

Suggest permanent solutions to de-threating right here...

Suggest a permanent fix for de-threating here, De-threating is killing APB by making new players quit this game, I once got matched with my all gold team against one T and that T doesn't even know how to call for backup, So suggest your solution for de-threating here, Also Banning de-threaters won't help since 40% of APB Players de-threat already... So 60% of the player-base would be gone, So suggest a solution that makes everyone happy...

Edited by blockblack

but there's also a thing where how the population is so small that new players who are still trying to get used to the game face against people who already know the game. only the persistence of new players decide if they want to keep playing to learn to integrate as part of the regular population.

unless you are silver or lower you may not be able to play the game when you wish.  Silver district fills fast for Joker so I fully support people dethreating just to play the game.

I know it's against the rules but until they fix it so people can play when they want, dethreating doesn't bother me.

• Like 1

the addition of phasing and the removal of visible threat are the solution that orbit is clearly aiming for, any other suggestion is going to come second and only if phasing/invisible threat fails

1 hour ago, blockblack said:

40% of APB Players de-threat already... So 60% of the player-base would be gone

math skills off the charts 

Edited by Glaciers
merged
  • Like 2

maybe lock new players a disrict untill they have a certain amount of hours to get a hang of the game without having to play vs high ranks?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rat1oNRUs said:

maybe lock new players a disrict untill they have a certain amount of hours to get a hang of the game without having to play vs high ranks?

Doesnt take much of time to make a new char.

On 8/10/2019 at 10:17 AM, Rat1oNRUs said:

threat segregation was a thing before, and it hurt the population. high ranks dont like playing other high ranks. or they don't enjoy playing the same group multiple times.

edit: its true though lol. the current system is fine, but not with the current population.

Edited by Aeronaut

EU 3.5 released(playerbase boost)plus new contacts plus hide threat and show only recommended districts in advance tab.All this in same time(one big as* patch with all other bug fixes and stuff)Dont see other way to fix current matchmaking before we get the new one..

Edited by TheMessiah

Suggest a permanent fix for de-threating here, De-threating is killing APB by making new players quit this game, I once got matched with my all gold team against one T and that T doesn't even know how to call for backup, So suggest your solution for de-threating here, Also Banning de-threaters won't help since 40% of APB Players de-threat already... So 60% of the player-base would be gone, So suggest a solution that makes everyone happy...

MattScott already announced how phasing/matchmaking/threat are all being worked on asap.

There is no proposed idea that is better for APB which is why we are doing that.

Also Banning de-threaters won't help since 40% of APB Players de-threat already... So 60% of the player-base would be gone,

I do not believe Little Orbit ever announced how many on average are dethreaters and because of that I do not believe these numbers to be accurate.

I'm a silver who goes gold when carried. I have not been able to keep gold or I would not play in bronze as well as silver.

With that said , I do see some blatant dethreaters , but not as many percentage wise as you claimed in those numbers

trainees/green/bronzes and silvers should automatically join bronze districts. And only r150+ silvers should be able to join silver district.

REMOVE "ADVANCED TAB" and make it MAIN TAB.

new people doesn't know they must choose "advanced" in order to join districts.

PLEASE, i have been asking for this for the last 4 years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ive said it a million times on these forums, threat segregation only works on high pop games. There's a handful of ways to fix dethreating and LO is taking the "Do nothing" route which is hands down the worst way to go about it.

And yah, lets ban more people due to the games mechanics being the issue to lower the population even more. Idiots, idiots everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

trainees/green/bronzes and silvers should automatically join bronze districts. And only r150+ silvers should be able to join silver district.

in theory the current system would work if the game was populated, because you could just click on one big shiny square and it'll take you to a server. but if you're a gold, the recommended server is an empty gold server.

• Like 1

I wonder where all these top golds are when I play the game?

Assuming there are one/two of those veteran groups on a district (per faction) that would make just 10-20% of opposition or in other words 1-2 matches out of 10 (going hard on bare numbers).

Plenty of other matches between average golds which considering balanced matches would still result in 50% win/loss Add the 1-2 losses getting stomped and you're already at 6-7 losses.

Have a bad day and you're up to 8-9 losing almost all matches. This leaves me with the impression that those dethreaters are in fact just overcompensating egolords that just can't handle losing.

3 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

I wonder where all these top golds are when I play the game?

Assuming there are one/two of those veteran groups on a district (per faction) that would make just 10-20% of opposition or in other words 1-2 matches out of 10 (going hard on bare numbers).

Plenty of other matches between average golds which considering balanced matches would still result in 50% win/loss Add the 1-2 losses getting stomped and you're already at 6-7 losses.

Have a bad day and you're up to 8-9 losing almost all matches. This leaves me with the impression that those dethreaters are in fact just overcompensating egolords that just can't handle losing.

idk

i consider myself maybe a slightly above-average gold player and i generally have a 50-60% mission win rate, i can definitely see how players with a lower skill level than me would struggle - groups that i find as equal opposition would probably stomp them, and the groups that stomp me would probably be untouchable to them

factor in the shitty matchmaking pool and these players probably end up facing higher skill groups over and over during a given play session, so it’s not really “only 20%” of opp

so i can see how consistent losses might be pretty unfun, but i still don’t think it’s a good reason to dethreat

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

the addition of phasing and the removal of visible threat are the solution that orbit is clearly aiming for, any other suggestion is going to come second and only if phasing/invisible threat fails

math skills off the charts 

unless they mean that 40% dethreat to just play the game, then if those 40% were banned probably another 20% would just quit because the districts would have 20 people in it at peak.

1 minute ago, illgot said:

unless they mean that 40% dethreat to just play the game, then if those 40% were banned probably another 20% would just quit because the districts would have 20 people in it at peak.

that would be 100% of jericho :^)

Just now, Glaciers said:

that would be 100% of jericho :^)

yeah, sad when I see one full silver district at prime time then maybe 20 people in a bronze district while the rest are empty.

10 hours ago, blockblack said:

Also Banning de-threaters won't help since 40% of APB Players de-threat already... So 60% of the player-base would be gone, So suggest a solution that makes everyone happy...

i have never known someone who intentionally dethreated in all my years of playing.

not people with fluctuating threat because they aren't capable of staying at gold/silver/etc, but genuinely dethreating because they're bitches.

either way, you're really dumb if you think that LO saying "starting now we are going to ban people who dethreat intentionally" would equal 40% of the population getting banned.

Edited by Uru!

There is so much gold player Rank 255 with every legendary guns in the Bronze district who get 20 kill per mission, against trainer, i don't get it 🙄

12 hours ago, Rat1oNRUs said:

qiMRJiT.png Yes. I said something similar here. (TLDR: Bronze to Silver wait for Merging while T to Green gets a Safe Space).

12 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

Doesnt take much of time to make a new char.

New characters on same accounts retain the same threat levels so that's not really an excuse to block newbie-friendly zones. 

If you're talking new accounts? I think the effort required to do that is enough to just let them be - if you're sad enough to want to create a new account every few days just to roflstomp newbies then have at it - they won't stay T/Green forever doing that anyway and will soon be unable to play against the newbies anyway and have to go through the new account process again. 

A little tweak to boot silvers/golds who overstay their welcome in the Newbie District will help the issue too - instead of a new account per day it's a new account every few hours.

12 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

threat segregation was a thing before, and it hurt the population. high ranks dont like playing other high ranks. or they don't enjoy playing the same group multiple times.

I don't think Rat1oNRUs is advocating entire server segregation - just a protected newbie zone for first time players so they can derp around until they're big enough to play with these awful awful experienced players. 

The rest of the pop. won't be segregated just the newbies who I think need the protection until they've gotten a feel for the game. TBH I think newbies ruin it both ways - they're bad teammates and they're bad OP and they get flak for both with the addition of being roflstomped - it can't be fun for them at all - better to give them a "safe space" to at least learn a thing or too before being exposed to the rest of us assholes.

Edited by KnifuWaifu

9 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

Bronze/silver should automatically go to the bronze district first.  I know it is not a permanent solution, but putting bronze and silver in the silver district by default is a poor choice at the moment.

4 hours ago, Dofus said:

There is so much gold player Rank 255 with every legendary guns in the Bronze district who get 20 kill per mission, against trainer, i don't get it 🙄

How often does this happen? I've never step foot in a bronze district, but is this a regular thing? If so, remove threat segregation already... 😕

On 8/11/2019 at 4:16 AM, Evagelyne said:

How often does this happen? I've never step foot in a bronze district, but is this a regular thing? If so, remove threat segregation already... 😕

Every 3rd or 4th mission I run into a dethreater in the silver districts. Often it's whole clans dedicated to it. It feels like LO are ignoring the problem, but I think the actual issue is those dethreaters don't get reported enough due to new players not knowing how to use the /report command.

9 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Every 3rd or 4th mission I run into a dethreater in the silver districts. Often it's whole clans dedicated to it. It feels like LO are ignoring the problem, but I think the actual issue is those dethreaters don't get reported enough due to new players not knowing how to use the /report command.

The biggest issue is even a year after the program was started, we still have very few GMs. So few in fact, that getting coverage even for the few populated districts APB has just isn't possible. 

/report is the way to go, video sent to support may help too... Though I'm not sure if LO will take actions off of video. 

But yes, dethreating is the norm not the exception in APB at the moment, and has been for some time. 

Until it is properly dealt with, this game will never thrive. 

Edited by CookiePuss