blockblack

A new Threat needs to be added to solve dethreating.

New Threat? No.

Remove the Threat System and rework it? F**k yes.

11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Did you just call @blockblack disabled?

Rood. 

lul, no but you seem to believe that everyone with thousands of hours is ready to compete against try-hard golds. However there are veteran players with disabilities and thousand of hours and can't do this. Hope this time  it was clear what I am trying to say.

27 minutes ago, Sayori said:

lul, no but you seem to believe that everyone with thousands of hours is ready to compete against try-hard golds. However there are veteran players with disabilities and thousand of hours and can't do this. Hope this time  it was clear what I am trying to say.

I dunno man, we used to have a player with no hands who played using his feet and a controller.

Not only did he play in silver districts, he was perma-gold.

But I suppose if a player had never progressed beyond bronze, neither I nor anyone else would have a problem with them staying in the beginner district.

Other than that, come play with the other vets.

On 8/9/2019 at 11:59 PM, blockblack said:

A new threat should be add above gold like Diamond or so to solve dethreating, And to be honest I dethreat each time I become gold because I am high-end silver low-end gold, So people like me can't play in silver servers because too many tryhard high-end Golds, So a new threat above gold should really fix this, tell me if you agree...

Adding a new threat wont solve the flawed threat system. Ppl will just dethreat even harder and your threat will still be heavily inaccurate when its the easiest thing in the world to get the top threat. Threat needs a complete overhaul to where its harder to dethreat, it more accurately shows your skill range and its actually a challenge to get the top threats.

another person breaking the tos lets sit back and watch the rules not get enforced yet again.

• Like 1

cant wait to see u make a thread about how u unfair it is that u got banned for dethreating

Look at it this way, you have an MMR.

MMR decides matchmaking.

Adding colors wont change your MMR.

Therefore, adding colors won't change your matchmaking.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Exactly this. There is no proof that threat locking caused a massive loss of players.

I've only got my own experience, but I left back then because all the gold districts were empty.  I do remember feeling envious of the silver/bronze server count., so maybe the game was better off without gold players period? :c

21 hours ago, MrChan said:

And?

We're talking about intentional threat loss here. You do know that right? Threat is based on your gameplay, it doesn't look into the ether and determine what your maximum skill is if the game worked perfectly and you had 30ms, and set your threat according to that. It sets it based on what you actually do in game. If your shit ping is impacting your play, won't your threat reflect how well you do or don't play with said shit ping without you needing to artificially reduce it? Thus putting you on the same peg as players with better ping but less skill who thus perform broadly the same as you?

But hey for fun let's say it's acceptable to dethreat if you have crappy ping. Where does that end, though? Is it okay to dethreat if your PC is a few years old and the game still stutters even with legal configs? After all the game is a performance hog, and the more performance you have the better it's going to be. V. hard to snipe accurately if your FPS drops to 40 as you're aiming.

Is it okay to dethreat for a night if you're a bit tired and not at the top of your game? After all, your aim and reactions will be a bit off. A little dethreating would even it up, wouldn't it?

How about if you just decide you're not as good as your threat level suggests? Can you dethreat then.

See where this goes? Dethreating takes an already n00b unfriendly game and turns it into a complete joke. If you do it, you can't excuse yourself from being part of that damage by arbitrarily declaring that you have a disadvantage that can be evened up by intentional threat loss. If people didn't constantly try and game the system for easy matches it'd account for the fact that you have bad ping, a shit PC, or aren't very good (me), or play missions infrequently (also me), etc. etc.

And this is the true crux of the matter, the time for any fix to threat short of a complete overhaul was at least 3 years ago. The playerbase now won't support something like new threat levels (which would've been a superficial change that probably would've done little anyway), hard district segregation, or my long preferred solution of hiding threat and enforcing district auto-select.

No, i am not saying that dethreating is a right thing. I have played in bronze districts few years back, oh hey i was a silver dist player when han server was based on singapore. I realised after moving here i was hated by bronze dist players for farming them and by silver dist players for not being good enough. Just imagine constant nudges. "Go to the objective faster goddamnit",

"Kill him nooob" ,"why do u even play apb?".

I got teamkilled plenty times even tho i wasnt intentionally trying to dethreat. Jus imagine playing without using a car in apb. Thats how it is for me. 

At one stage i realised mission dists were too much and i went to fc's. Never visited bronze dists or silver dists. Its been some years now. Well the good thing happened to me is..now i can kill golds in a 1v1 combat. I can say i kinda got accustomed to the ping.

Some people never choose to do so. Well i still believe i still can improvise my skills and also let the newbies play where they belong.

On 8/9/2019 at 10:59 PM, blockblack said:

A new threat should be add above gold like Diamond or so to solve dethreating, And to be honest I dethreat each time I become gold because I am high-end silver low-end gold, So people like me can't play in silver servers because too many tryhard high-end Golds, So a new threat above gold should really fix this, tell me if you agree...

Well we could add numbers to threat like Gold 1-10, Silver 1-10, or Bronze 1-10.  That should help.  Oh wait, that was the original problem. 

Your threat level is just a visual indicator of what the game THINKS your skill is over the course of multiple matches.  Adding a new color won't solve anything.  It's better to hide threat entirely and work on the way things are handled under the hood.

12 minutes ago, Lammashta said:

It's better to hide threat entirely and work on the way things are handled under the hood.

Agreed. 

11 hours ago, The_Boss said:

I've only got my own experience, but I left back then because all the gold districts were empty.  I do remember feeling envious of the silver/bronze server count., so maybe the game was better off without gold players period? :c

Well, if they are purposefully lowering threat to go get wins... Then, yes.

• Like 1

1. Remove threat: It was called open conflict. It was DOA as none of the max rank try hards want to risk getting stuck with a potential low threat player. If threat is removed entirely it will only further the imbalanced matchmaking that we already have and will drive more ppl away as the ppl who arent as good wont have any fun, not to mention all the try hards will team together more to keep low ranks off their team.

2. Threat segregated districts: Back in the day G1 implemented segregated districts and its what caused the dethreating problem. Repeating this will only cause more dethreating and will only lead to more problems as this community outright refuses to even try to play nice.

3. More threat tiers: In the current system this would only lead to further dethreating due to extremely low population and nonbody wanting to play against similarly skilled opponents. If threat and matchmaking is redone then yea this could potentially be a thing but unless thats done this is a non option.

59 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

1. Remove threat: It was called open conflict. It was DOA

Open Conflict also removed matchmaking.

So you could get like 1v4s regardless of threat.

19 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Open Conflict also removed matchmaking.

So you could get like 1v4s regardless of threat.

Just goes back to the point that the current matchmaking and threat need to be redone. Keeping the current system in any form will just lead to more problems.

24 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Just goes back to the point that the current matchmaking and threat need to be redone. Keeping the current system in any form will just lead to more problems.

What does a no matchmaking district have to do with matchmaking problems?

Just now, blockblack said:

Shieet so many dislikes... how can  I delete this topic?

You can just ask one of the moderators to do so in a DM, post in the thread or via a report of your original post. 

Would you prefer it locked and visible or fully removed?

~@mayii

10 minutes ago, blockblack said:

Shieet so many dislikes... how can  I delete this topic?

Dont get discouraged.

We can be harsh here, but its mostly in jest.

Try to learn from those who replied, and go from there.

People dont want diamond threat because they would not be able to reach it
It would destroy their delusional reality in which they are good players  : )

6 hours ago, Sentaii said:

People dont want diamond threat because they would not be able to reach it
It would destroy their delusional reality in which they are good players  : )

That, and the fact that it would serve no purpose whatsoever.

Edited by CookiePuss

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

That, and the fact that it would serve no purpose whatsoever.

But ... i told you about my ego thingy :3