blockblack

A new Threat needs to be added to solve dethreating.

If anything it'll make the game less playable.

How do people still not understand that you can't simply fix matchmaking with a playerbase that low?

Why my post is getting so many dis-likes? I didn't say if you dis-agree dis-like, I said if you agree or dis-agree write it down in comments not React to topic.

11 hours ago, blockblack said:

A new threat should be add above gold like Diamond or so to solve dethreating, And to be honest I dethreat each time I become gold because I am high-end silver low-end gold, So people like me can't play in silver servers because too many tryhard high-end Golds, So a new threat above gold should really fix this, tell me if you agree...

maybe if the population was something like 1000 people on at any time yes, but we are lucky to have 200 people playing mission districts.

23 minutes ago, blockblack said:

Why my post is getting so many dis-likes?

As has been explained to you, your idea would change nothing.

27 minutes ago, Similarities said:

have you tried getting good?

Yeap, I got 2476 hours of APB.

48 minutes ago, blockblack said:

Why my post is getting so many dis-likes? I didn't say if you dis-agree dis-like, I said if you agree or dis-agree write it down in comments not React to topic.

it’s getting dislikes because this has been discussed to death and the answer is always the same 

The one thing I don't understand about this community is how they think that all gold players deserve to be in gold. Like do you guys have any idea how easy it is to be gold?

If there was a diamond threat level, I would probably be a gold ranked player only because I don't play well enough to play against the no-life meta-running veteran players that make up the top-tier gold rank. Me wanting to play against low-tier golds is not me...

12 hours ago, Signarly said:

wanting easy wins against new players

and neither is it for someone who's a high-tier silver wanting to play against high-tier silvers. The threat system has way too small of a pool and the way the MMR (or whatever the term for it would be in this game) is affected after each game is terrible and needs change. Like threat would just be better if it was shown numerically and matched up players with the goal of getting nearly equal average values. Adding a new threat or two would further seggregate the community, yes, but I feel like it would only make sense to do that if matchmaking occured across districts..but we don't have that yet.

So if you don't understand where I'm standing in this topic, I think the idea of adding a diamond threat level is not a bad one, but it is not the time to do this. Rather, showing threat numerically and using gold/silver/bronze/green as a way to show generally where you are at in those values is a much better system. I'm sure the current threat works in a numerical way, but the way it is changed after each match should be more drastic and it should always be able to be seen by players in the tab/character info menu.

Also, to the dumbasses saying this guy should be temp banned for admitting to dethreating: get the fuck over yourselves. I don't like dethreaters but you have to realize that this guy is wanting change to the system and no changes have come to it in years. And quite frankly, getting stomped by the no-life meta-running veteran players (that probably make up a lot of these forums) in not fun at all for them either. IK it isn't fun for me, so I can only imagine how unfun it is for someone who's less skilled than me. But my point is, can't we show a bit of empathy, please? IK this community is full of big-headed people but that doesn't mean you can't try to imagine why people dethreat, and furthermore try to appreciate a dethreater wanting change. But that's just my thoughts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, blockblack said:

Why my post is getting so many dis-likes?

thats all cookie accounts 😏 (:D kidding)

Edited by TheMessiah

2 hours ago, blockblack said:

We just follow the forum rules. We would repeat everything so it can just me summarized with a reaction instead 😏

There's not enough population for another threat although it's needed. The best temp. solution they can do is complete threat segregation but then forums will be flooded with complains again.

Maybe when  engine update comes and it's not a giant flop we can finally have cross district match-making(and hope we are not send to empty district to do missions, that's just boring) 

7 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

Sometimes there are some reasons which stop you from doing certain things.

Take my case of 310ms ping. You oughta have faster reflexes in order not to get killed. You CANNOT play certain guns. Yeah you heard that right.

-Playing shotguns is not possible.

-Good luck playing with a fbw or rfp-9.

-forget about playing obir or oscar.

Now lets get into the tougher part.

-Hvr. It is not as easy as players think in a high ping. 

-ntec. One of the most versatile weps in the game suffers.

Now come to gameplay part.

-Avoid vehicles at all times. Both driving and dodging a vehicle. You think you dodged a car, bt you get killed.

And?

We're talking about intentional threat loss here. You do know that right? Threat is based on your gameplay, it doesn't look into the ether and determine what your maximum skill is if the game worked perfectly and you had 30ms, and set your threat according to that. It sets it based on what you actually do in game. If your shit ping is impacting your play, won't your threat reflect how well you do or don't play with said shit ping without you needing to artificially reduce it? Thus putting you on the same peg as players with better ping but less skill who thus perform broadly the same as you?

But hey for fun let's say it's acceptable to dethreat if you have crappy ping. Where does that end, though? Is it okay to dethreat if your PC is a few years old and the game still stutters even with legal configs? After all the game is a performance hog, and the more performance you have the better it's going to be. V. hard to snipe accurately if your FPS drops to 40 as you're aiming.

Is it okay to dethreat for a night if you're a bit tired and not at the top of your game? After all, your aim and reactions will be a bit off. A little dethreating would even it up, wouldn't it?

How about if you just decide you're not as good as your threat level suggests? Can you dethreat then.

See where this goes? Dethreating takes an already n00b unfriendly game and turns it into a complete joke. If you do it, you can't excuse yourself from being part of that damage by arbitrarily declaring that you have a disadvantage that can be evened up by intentional threat loss. If people didn't constantly try and game the system for easy matches it'd account for the fact that you have bad ping, a shit PC, or aren't very good (me), or play missions infrequently (also me), etc. etc.

5 hours ago, GhosT said:

How do people still not understand that you can't simply fix matchmaking with a playerbase that low?

And this is the true crux of the matter, the time for any fix to threat short of a complete overhaul was at least 3 years ago. The playerbase now won't support something like new threat levels (which would've been a superficial change that probably would've done little anyway), hard district segregation, or my long preferred solution of hiding threat and enforcing district auto-select.

Edited by MrChan

5 hours ago, blockblack said:

Yeap, I got 2476 hours of APB.

If you've that many hours and you still play in the beginner district, you should be ashamed of yourself. 

4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

thats all cookie accounts 😏 (:D kidding)

😏

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

If you've that many hours and you still play in the beginner district, you should be ashamed of yourself. 

😏

50-year-old players can't compete with teenagers . the area for beginners is Green . are you okay with 98 % of the gold playing in the Silver district ?

Edited by olo

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

😏

Do you realize that there are veteran players with thousand of hours who also have disabilities? And in general hours spent doesn't mean you are good. You can't put them all in one bracket based on time played.

And bronze district hasn't been beginner district ever since golds moved to silver district to have it easier.

Edited by Sayori

ITT: People still not understanding how threat works despite being told in at least one thread a week for the past 8 years.

30 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Do you realize that there are veteran players with thousand of hours who also have disabilities? And in general hours spent doesn't mean you are good. You can't put them all in one bracket based on time played.

And bronze district hasn't been beginner district ever since golds moved to silver district to have it easier.

Golds play silver because there are literally no people ever in gold which yes is also Golds fault, but not much you can do with a low population. Phasing is going to fix this mess so it's just a matter of time.

Also disabilities or no disabilities is irrelevant. It is not our job to cater to people with disabilities on a video game. In real life if I see someone in a wheel chair struggling with a door then sure I'll help out, but you wont catch me throwing matches just to make someone feel better. If RockyNoHands can win PUBG matches your patootie can get to Gold and learn from better players.

Also yes @Goldtiger you should be dealt with for dethreating. If you enable them you're just as responsible for the loss of potential players so YOU can get the fuck over it. 

Edit: Why is patootie censored but fuck isnt?

Edited by Signarly
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Do you realize that there are veteran players with thousand of hours who also have disabilities? 

Did you just call @blockblack disabled?

Rood. 

28 minutes ago, Sayori said:

ever since golds moved to silver district to have it easier.

I think you know what this means:

n4dYjao.png

so...50 players would be diamond and others would still be gold? How does it solve anything?

1 hour ago, Signarly said:

Also yes @Goldtiger you should be dealt with for dethreating. If you enable them you're just as responsible for the loss of potential players so YOU can get the fuck over it. 

In no way was I "enabling" them. All I was saying was that I am capable of understanding where they're coming from, and that I appreciate that this guy in particular is wanting change rather than being fine with how things are (which I make the claim that others should be too). And no, I shouldn't be "dealt with" for dethreating cause 1. I have never fucking dethreated EVER and 2. I dislike dethreating just as much as the next person. If you've ever played with or near me in action districts, you'll know I don't like dethreaters. But being an empath, I don't cut off any form understanding, cause that's unfair on all grounds. People like you in this community are just as guilty for the game dying as these dethreaters are, so get off your damn high horse.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

In no way was I "enabling" them. All I was saying was that I am capable of understanding where they're coming from, and that I appreciate that this guy in particular is wanting change rather than being fine with how things are (which I make the claim that others should be too). And no, I shouldn't be "dealt with" for dethreating cause 1. I have never fucking dethreated EVER and 2. I dislike dethreating just as much as the next person. If you've ever played with or near me in action districts, you'll know I don't like dethreaters. But being an empath, I don't cut off any form understanding, cause that's unfair on all grounds. People like you in this community are just as guilty for the game dying as these dethreaters are, so get off your damn high horse.

And what did people like me do to be responsible for this game dying? Please enlighten me.

40 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

People like you in this community are just as guilty for the game dying as these dethreaters are

Dethreaters have done more damage to APB than G1 and cheaters ever could. 

The problem of no available districts when gold is caused by dethreaters. 

Unfair matches in both silver and bronze are exacerbated by dethreaters. 

And most importantly, new player retention is almost non existent thanks to dethreaters. 

Explaining their motives does not excuse their actions. 

It's against the rules and anyone doing so should be punished.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Edited to keep the conversation shorter.

18 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Edited to keep the conversation shorter.

Exactly this. There is no proof that threat locking caused a massive loss of players.

"but wHAT ABOUt All ThE GOLDs THAT leFT?" What about them? Good riddance. They were the ones constantly going down to Bronze to stomp new players anyways. And as far as your claim of "juST dEtHreAt hArDEr".... You obviously have no idea how Threat works, nor how hard it would be to dethreat all the way down to Bronze, just for a day of stomping noobs.

10 hours ago, GhosT said:

That's the problem now.... .The playerbase is too low to actually fix it, no matter the opinion. Threat lock now? It's kill the game. Threat lock when there were three times the amount of population, it could have saved it. But noobs like Hexerin just kept wanting that easy opposition.

Just tweak the current threats properly instead of adding new threat, LO could also fix the colorblind matchmaking system before that.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, blockblack said:

No, I am play in citadel, Also with un-playable I mean I get out-aimed by everyone, I sometimes go 0-3-11 when I try my best in silver servers, So what can I do to get a playable experience against there frustrating try-hards?

There is the same amount of try hard in every district, a lot of gold 255 with every legendary in bronze district ... Just get good