blockblack

A new Threat needs to be added to solve dethreating.

A new threat should be add above gold like Diamond or so to solve dethreating, And to be honest I dethreat each time I become gold because I am high-end silver low-end gold, So people like me can't play in silver servers because too many tryhard high-end Golds, So a new threat above gold should really fix this, tell me if you agree...

• Like 2

Adding a new threat will change nothing.

7 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Adding a new threat will change nothing.

Why it will do nothing? Then how to solve the low-end and high-end gold's problem? I often become gold and I find silver servers un-playable, So I am low-end gold, So they should add a new threat makes high-end gold diamond or platinum or so.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blockblack said:

A new threat should be add above gold like Diamond or so to solve dethreating, And to be honest I dethreat each time I become gold because I am high-end silver low-end gold, So people like me can't play in silver servers because too many tryhard high-end Golds, So a new threat above gold should really fix this, tell me if you agree...

Disagree so hard I think you should recieve a temp ban for admitting to dethreating.

• Like 4

You could add a million new colors. 

It wouldn't change your elo, and it wouldn't change who you were matched up against, because it wouldn't change your skill.

And yeah, if you dethreat you are a bad person and deserve to be banned permanently. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You could add a million new colors. 

It wouldn't change your elo, and it wouldn't change who you were matched up against, because it wouldn't change your skill.

And yeah, if you dethreat you are a bad person and deserve to be banned permanently. 

9 minutes ago, Signarly said:

Disagree so hard I think you should recieve a temp ban for admitting to dethreating.

So now I deserve to be banned for admitting the truth?

BTW, It's not my fault dethreating since silver servers are unplayable for me so the only place I can play in are bronze servers so I have no choice but dethreating to enter bronze servers...

Edited by blockblack

13 minutes ago, blockblack said:

BTW, It's not my fault dethreating since silver servers are unplayable for me so the only place I can play in are bronze servers so I have no choice but dethreating to enter bronze servers...

Actually it is your fault because you refuse to play people better than you so you never learn and grow. You are what's killing this game by wanting easy wins against new players. The fact that you cant grasp how selfish your actions are saddens me.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, blockblack said:

It's a bannable offence, so, yes?

On topic, just make each threat harder to obtain, take the bottom 10%~ or so of each threat and and it to the top of the previous threat. Probably simpler said than done, but that's what i'd do.

Don't you think you are being selfish? This thread is not about fixing a problem, it's only about you. Adding a new threat has been proposed before, it was a bad idea then and it's still a bad idea now!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, blockblack said:

Why it will do nothing? Then how to solve the low-end and high-end gold's problem? I often become gold and I find silver servers un-playable, So I am low-end gold, So they should add a new threat makes high-end gold diamond or platinum or so.

I'm assuming you missed the few dozen threads on how adding a new color threat would do nothing but cause even more segregation with a low population and kill APB off entirely then.

Little Orbit has the best possible solution planned of phasing along with reworking matchmaking and threat at the same time.

54 minutes ago, blockblack said:

if I was good enough to keep gold  I would refuse to be in bronze to begin with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blockblack said:

first off, nice job admitting to breaking the ToS

second, adding another threat level won't help anything you'll just be getting stomped by platinum/diamond/whatever players instead of gold players because the issue is the limited pool of players (40v40) that matchmaking has to choose from not the threat system 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blockblack said:

Want the truth?

ecx2oEr.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

ecx2oEr.jpg

as we saw the last time we had threat locked districts, that mechanic only accelerates the dethreating issue

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

as we saw the last time we had threat locked districts, that mechanic only accelerates the dethreating issue

I wouldn't care. Because Golds would only go down to Silver. I'd have no issues with them there, because at least newer players (what few  even try out APB) are protected from the 255's.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

I wouldn't care. Because Golds would only go down to Silver. I'd have no issues with them there, because at least newer players (what few  even try out APB) are protected from the 255's.

You really don't have a clue if you actually believe that. On top of being the origin point of the dethreating epidemic (fun fact, it was basically a non-existent thing prior), threat locked districts is what killed this game in the first place. Half the playerbase left over those months, and half of what remained bled out beyond that because of it.

Granted, under Gamersfirst/Reloaded the game would've failed regardless. However, it would've taken much, much longer for the failure to arrive if not for that terminal mistake.

I guarantee you that the majority of current dethreaters would just dethreat harder to get access to bronze. That initial dethreat would involve a decent bit of time and effort, but once they've gone through that the maintenance after would be much easier (and only get easier the longer they stay down there).

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

We have 4 threat lvls right now which is enough.Problem is in low population which make players go in bronze and silver dist. only.Also many players abuse threat because is visible and thats the other problem.The solution for right now is to hide threat(both player and district)and remove the option players to choose other districts besides theyr recommended.Untill new matchmaking -this is good solution right now but we need big influx of players to make this work(specially for NA server)If LO try this with engine upgrade and new contacts in same time-may work

Edited by TheMessiah

3 hours ago, blockblack said:

u mad? 🤣

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

You really don't have a clue if you actually believe that. On top of being the origin point of the dethreating epidemic (fun fact, it was basically a non-existent thing prior), threat locked districts is what killed this game in the first place. Half the playerbase left over those months, and half of what remained bled out beyond that because of it.

[...]

Ah very nice maybe you can finally answer this. Sadly the person in the other thread where I posted this prior never replied back.

quote/

I really wonder where this comes from. Loved that time and somehow it ended up as a collective dark time of APB?

Tried to do some digging but sadly old blog and patchnotes seem to have been lost due to takeover and stuff.

On reddit I found two possible time stamps about introduction of threat segregation:

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

-Threat segregation *Joker Ticket activities in mission districts

Friday, July 19, 2013

-Threat segregation

Source

As for the end it's luckily one of the first available patch notes

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

-Players are allowed to move down a district threat level again.

Source

Let's ignore the usual seasonal swings and that the gold rush event pushed it's peak in August 2013 I still fail to see the genocide of the playerbase.

In fact it looks like it started to go downhill from threat segregation removal? Am I missing sth. what am I missing?

aLD8ZL5.png

/quote

• Like 1

I'm happy to wait for the merging/threat rework but the only quick fix that should be added is a protection rule for the noobie players (T & Green threat) they shouldn't be matched with anything higher than T or Green - even if that means no matches at all because tbh at that stage most of the nooblets are barely learning the game and could use a few (hundred) solo missions so they can get a handle of things like HUD markers, vehicles, objectives, getting to objectives before the timer runs out etc. 

I'd like to include Bronze in that but there are some good and high ranking bronzies out there - maybe just protect them against Golds.

8 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Ah very nice maybe you can finally answer this.

*snip*

Thank you! 

Some actual data on the matter - I feel like the whole "Threat segregation killed APB!!" argument was always more emotional than factual - the loud ones merely disliked it and used it as a quick easy scapegoat to for the population dips and to fight against the segregation they don't like because they simply don't want any blocks against them winning every mission by playing against lower skilled players.

Edited by KnifuWaifu

8 hours ago, blockblack said:

That's not for me to decide, Im just a player. Though you might want to reach out to @Lixil and see what her advice is.

By "unplayable" Im going to assume you mean because of low population.

I too play on Jericho so I understand the frustration.

Have you ever considered that silver districts are as empty as they are BECAUSE so many players dethreat in order to play in bronze?

Anyways, good luck to you and if you do choose to dethreat, I'd suggest keeping it to yourself.

Edited by CookiePuss

7 hours ago, blockblack said:

Always an excuse isn't there? "No one to play against." "I don't wanna play seriously." "I shouldn't be Gold."

It's all bollocks, imo.

That's what pisses me off so much about dethreating, anyone who does it passes the buck and takes no ownership of the fact that they're shitting all over the game whilst simultaneously whining about how it's dying.

How did you not see this coming... If someone can dethreat from diamond to gold, what is to stop them from dethreating from gold to silver and then silver to bronze.

An extra layer doesn't fix the broken system.

And to be honest, a temporary ban I think would be fair... dethreating is an exploit to which I question why Little Orbit doesn't impose permanent bans for some more offences!

34 minutes ago, MrChan said:

Always an excuse isn't there? "No one to play against." "I don't wanna play seriously." "I shouldn't be Gold."

It's all bollocks, imo.

Sometimes there are some reasons which stop you from doing certain things.

Take my case of 310ms ping. You oughta have faster reflexes in order not to get killed. You CANNOT play certain guns. Yeah you heard that right.

-Playing shotguns is not possible.

-Good luck playing with a fbw or rfp-9.

-forget about playing obir or oscar.

Now lets get into the tougher part.

-Hvr. It is not as easy as players think in a high ping. 

-ntec. One of the most versatile weps in the game suffers.

Now come to gameplay part.

-Avoid vehicles at all times. Both driving and dodging a vehicle. You think you dodged a car, bt you get killed.

giving tips as a new player, yikes

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

That's not for me to decide, Im just a player. Though you might want to reach out to @Lixil and see what her advice is.

By "unplayable" Im going to assume you mean because of low population.

I too play on Jericho so I understand the frustration.

Have you ever considered that silver districts are as empty as they are BECAUSE so many players dethreat in order to play in bronze?

Anyways, good luck to you and if you do choose to dethreat, I'd suggest keeping it to yourself.

No, I am play in citadel, Also with un-playable I mean I get out-aimed by everyone, I sometimes go 0-3-11 when I try my best in silver servers, So what can I do to get a playable experience against there frustrating try-hards?

Edited by blockblack