CryzTheKitsune

Inserting Images into Forum Posts

I couldn't find a HELP part of the Forums so I'm putting it here but how does one insert an image via HTML or another way into forum posts? It doesn't really make it clear on how to do that.

Host the image on any specific image sharing website (such as imgur for example).

Then just copy the direct link (with .png/.jpg/... at the end) and paste that in the thread, this will normally auto embed the image.

If it doesn't, on the bottom right of the text box there is a button to insert other media, click that and then on "Insert image from URL".

~@mayii

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Amayii said:

Host the image on any specific image sharing website (such as imgur for example).

Then just copy the direct link (with .png/.jpg/... at the end) and paste that in the thread, this will normally auto embed the image.

If it doesn't, on the bottom right of the text box there is a button to insert other media, click that and then on "Insert image from URL".

~@mayii

Thanks!

On 8/10/2019 at 1:30 AM, Amayii said:

~@mayii

yeah thanks, doesn't work.

45 minutes ago, ch4ncer said:

yeah thanks, doesn't work.

Going by your previous post, you used a different link than the one I mentioned. 

The link you should have used can be copied by right clicking and then copying the image address:

2019-08-14_17-44-59.png.ef4854af935d2686387153cf92e368e1.png

The copied address should be 

https://i.imgur.com/K465SL4.jpg

~@mayii

1 hour ago, Amayii said:

Going by your previous post, you used a different link than the one I mentioned. 

The link you should have used can be copied by right clicking and then copying the image address:

Reveal hidden contents

2019-08-14_17-44-59.png.ef4854af935d2686387153cf92e368e1.png

The copied address should be 

https://i.imgur.com/K465SL4.jpg

~@mayii

The thing you mentioned was and I quote " the direct link " you did not specify where this link in question can be found, how was I supposed to interpret it ? How was I supposed to know I am to right click it and use the one found in the Copy image address option, I just assumed I had to use the one from imgur.

Edited by ch4ncer

12 minutes ago, ch4ncer said:

The thing you mentioned was and I quote " the direct link " you did not specify where this link in question can be found, how was I supposed to interpret it ? How was I supposed to know I am to right click it and use the one found in the Copy image address option, I just assumed I had to use the one from imgur.

I understand the confusion, which is why I added the possible extensions, in brackets.

At least we were able to get it resolved 

~@mayii

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1