When we get kicked for inactivity or the client gets disconnected due to any network issues, its only natural we return to same district we were before and this will cause the game to stop displaying HUD markers like objectives, teammates, mission items and sometimes even the enemies on Deathmatch events.

IMO, we could just be moved to a Social District or even the character selection screen instead of disloging entirely. Maybe this would help until you can fix the HUD bug and if players could be moved to a Social District wouldnt lose any group and/or messages and some session settings like Contact Pledge and Daily Activities, etc.

Unless the event is triggered by geting removed from and return. Then the only way is to make a diferent district type just for this, an empty district would load fast and maybe you can put a Joker Vending Machine but not much else, and this would be good as first district to load and for players to be moved to when inactive. (ofc this could force the bug to occur in case the client get disconnected before the player chose any district so having 2 of these would be required to prevent it by making clients to alternate between them)

Thanks for your work on improving APB, it actualy seems a little better and I'm just hoping the engine update will bring fix on a lot of bugs and problems the game does still have. Hoping it will take it to a new era of APB playing.

(in any case, sorry for my english but i have it set to portuguese so i see it all underlined) 🤣

This also happens when you switch districts, either due to low pop on one, or whatever.  I end up having to relaunch the game to fix the issue.

Hi there,

This is a frustrating bug, and it has been equally frustrating to fix. We are working on it.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 8/10/2019 at 5:13 AM, LewdLemming said:

This also happens when you switch districts, either due to low pop on one, or whatever.  I end up having to relaunch the game to fix the issue.

same thing , indeed need to  relaunch the game to fix the issue.

On 8/13/2019 at 1:48 AM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

This is a frustrating bug, and it has been equally frustrating to fix. We are working on it.

Thanks,

Matt

Ok thanks for your reply, its good to know you are aware of the issue and are working on it. Once again and in the name of APB community, thanks for your work done so far.

On 8/10/2019 at 3:13 AM, LewdLemming said:

Thanks to other members replies aswell, as more information we can give, then more we can help developers to generate a bugfix.

Someone told me before it was due to returning after dislog but now we know it isn't directly related, maybe it just has higher chances of triggering it (near 100%), but I saw it happened to me last night and I am almost 100% sure I didnt dislogged but did switched district a few times.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:48 AM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,

Matt

good to hear you are working on it, it's real pain in the arse always reboot the game.

On 8/23/2019 at 2:13 AM, Kakalaki said:

good to hear you are working on it, it's real pain in the arse always reboot the game.

working on it but still happens.  Guess they are working on fixing it the same time the engine upgrade "comes" 😛

On 8/9/2019 at 2:06 PM, RuiFilipe said:

When we get kicked for inactivity or the client gets disconnected due to any network issues, its only natural we return to same district we were before and this will cause the game to stop displaying HUD markers like objectives, teammates, mission items and sometimes even the enemies on Deathmatch events.

IMO, we could just be moved to a Social District or even the character selection screen instead of disloging entirely. Maybe this would help until you can fix the HUD bug and if players could be moved to a Social District wouldnt lose any group and/or messages and some session settings like Contact Pledge and Daily Activities, etc.

Unless the event is triggered by geting removed from and return. Then the only way is to make a diferent district type just for this, an empty district would load fast and maybe you can put a Joker Vending Machine but not much else, and this would be good as first district to load and for players to be moved to when inactive. (ofc this could force the bug to occur in case the client get disconnected before the player chose any district so having 2 of these would be required to prevent it by making clients to alternate between them)

Thanks for your work on improving APB, it actualy seems a little better and I'm just hoping the engine update will bring fix on a lot of bugs and problems the game does still have. Hoping it will take it to a new era of APB playing.

(in any case, sorry for my english but i have it set to portuguese so i see it all underlined) 🤣

wanna say that it happens on disconnects too, and also changing from enf to crim does it too, only way i found a fix is to restart apb (which imo takes too long as the game takes a long time to load)

Love that bug, Also during some missions with Red Vs Green missions or even VIP there is a bug where someone's red indicator/Name will appear in another spot while said player is running around killing everyone cause they aiming for the wrong spot and not seeing the man with no name or red target over his head.

Or how About the bug on the destroy windows missions where the enemy team has the ability to exploit glitch the window making it unbreakable.

Edited by Nabiki
Another bug.

On 8/12/2019 at 8:48 PM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,

Matt

any news on this fix? its still happening

On 5/5/2020 at 6:35 PM, ShaiShai said:

any news on this fix? its still happening

2023 and still ongoing bug.