Sign in to follow this  
Hunt

New Clothing Items

On 8/8/2019 at 2:15 PM, Alani said:

I'm pretty sure the special clothing the contacts wear can be turned into player character clothing items. just depends on whether or not people will actually work on them or not

The outfits worn by Action District contacts are created with "player"-clothes. The outfits worn by the Social District faction fixers are supposedly part of their model, i.e. one single asset. Turning them into individual, usable items might not be an oh so trivial task.

Hi there,

Reading through this thread, I like the idea of splitting up the clothing off Social contacts so they can be usable pieces for players.

Previous replies are correct: the Social contacts have a different setup so those assets wont come directly across, but I believe they can be adapted.

Personally, I'm a fan of Double B's double shotgun harness... possibly Akiko's katana harness.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, MattScott said:

possibly Akiko's katana harness.

oh no

he said it

soon™️ everyone and their mother will be saying that 'youre already dead' meme and wearing katana sheaths

32 minutes ago, MattScott said:

possibly Akiko's katana harness.

Neckbeards assemble!

58 minutes ago, MattScott said:

... possibly Akiko's katana harness.

You'd make a million bucks in sales just from the Katana. Weebs will be buying it in droves. 

On 8/8/2019 at 9:37 PM, GhosT said:

Flaws config aka I turned everything to low in advanced launcher and called it mine

Pretty much yeah

7 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Reading through this thread, I like the idea of splitting up the clothing off Social contacts so they can be usable pieces for players.

Previous replies are correct: the Social contacts have a different setup so those assets wont come directly across, but I believe they can be adapted.

Personally, I'm a fan of Double B's double shotgun harness... possibly Akiko's katana harness.

Thanks,
Matt

You're the boss! 😉

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

A question for us 3D Artist "nerds..."

By "having a different setup" - I imagine this means they are built and textured with a more traditional method - i.e. their own texture sheet and unique geometry to fit with the model, vs the player customization asset method (which has the texture overlaid over a certain portion of the character's UV iirc, and the mesh generally "morphs" the base player vs being a unique model on top)

19 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

A question for us 3D Artist "nerds..."

By "having a different setup" - I imagine this means they are built and textured with a more traditional method - i.e. their own texture sheet and unique geometry to fit with the model, vs the player customization asset method (which has the texture overlaid over a certain portion of the character's UV iirc, and the mesh generally "morphs" the base player vs being a unique model on top)

Im 90% sure that he was referring to how the items are rigged.  Texture space and layout are a non-issue with converting things, its just a rebuilding process.    Afaik APB does not have clothing physics so Charlotte's skirt and Sofia's coat are just not possible with the current character rigging system.  La Rocha's gun will also probably never appear simply because of what it is.

Imo sticking an OCA onto your belt might be a bit over the top...

On 8/10/2019 at 11:20 AM, SkittyM said:

Im 90% sure that he was referring to how the items are rigged.  Texture space and layout are a non-issue with converting things, its just a rebuilding process.    Afaik APB does not have clothing physics so Charlotte's skirt and Sofia's coat are just not possible with the current character rigging system.  La Rocha's gun will also probably never appear simply because of what it is.

make em stable . . .

On 8/8/2019 at 7:49 PM, SkittyM said:

It was more because it was a very complex item and wouldn't work at all on a player character.  The jiggly bits you see on it when she turns around are actual hard coded animation, not actual physics since APB doesn't support clothing physics. 

Welp, there go my dreams of being a cowgirl.

3 hours ago, Lammashta said:

Welp, there go my dreams of being a cowgirl.

0Epcrd1.png

Questionable dreams...

On 8/8/2019 at 12:47 PM, Hunt said:

I'm sorry if something similar has been posted recently, but I was wondering what everyone thinks about the addition of these clothing items that the Social contacts have, or anything similar for that matter.

Ko9aEEH.png

It's more the belt items I'm interested in.

The cuffs and the SMG/SMG magazines as belt accessories would be quite cool. 

On 8/10/2019 at 1:01 AM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

I've been waiting for Akiko's harness for years and years!

@MattScott Please make sure it works with the jackets/coats and other wearable items, because at the moment it's mostly only arrows that work - most other backpacks removes your outer-coat/armor.
There's a lot of "layer" conflicts, where the items look like they'd be perfectly usable together, but aren't - so generally that'd be nice to see fixed on multiple items (if you need help to pinpoint, just say so).

PEpEAUh.png

VHAiEaQ.png

• Like 3

On 8/9/2019 at 4:01 PM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

is there going to be other clothing split up in the future?

On 8/8/2019 at 1:47 PM, Hunt said:

I'm sorry if something similar has been posted recently, but I was wondering what everyone thinks about the addition of these clothing items that the Social contacts have, or anything similar for that matter.

Ko9aEEH.png

It's more the belt items I'm interested in.

I'd love to have the badge of that dude and not them weird looking ones we have now.

Sign in to follow this