Sign in to follow this  
Hunt

New Clothing Items

I'm sorry if something similar has been posted recently, but I was wondering what everyone thinks about the addition of these clothing items that the Social contacts have, or anything similar for that matter.

Ko9aEEH.png

It's more the belt items I'm interested in.

• Like 3

Also Sofia has a pretty cool and unique outfit, i would love to see it also added.

16 minutes ago, lTheDarkness said:

Also Sofia has a pretty cool and unique outfit, i would love to see it also added.

She probably gets a bit chilly in Winter 😉

im more concerned with your graphic choices than character choices.

I'm pretty sure the special clothing the contacts wear can be turned into player character clothing items. just depends on whether or not people will actually work on them or not

i always thought it was weird certain contacts had special clothing

like i understand the lore reason for whatshisface to have the police badge because he was originally a cop, and enforcers arent actual cops

but a lot of the other items are kind of just the creators of the contacts being restrictive and trying to keep their contacts staying unique and not something players could recreate

7 minutes ago, Alani said:

im more concerned with your graphic choices than character choices.

Thought someone might comment on that... it's Flaws' config - I honestly hate how it looks but it's made the game run better and me perform better.

afaik a lot of the contact clothing isn’t really built the same as the player character clothing so they would probably have to be rebuilt 

im always up for more customization options tho

La Rochas gun will never happen since its hot garbage.  Rest have been suggested recently though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

La Rochas gun will never happen since its hot garbage.

As a usable weapon or an accessory? It's quite the gun, but I'd buy the option to sling a weapon over my back in a heartbeat.

6 minutes ago, Hunt said:

As a usable weapon or an accessory? It's quite the gun, but I'd buy the option to sling a weapon over my back in a heartbeat.

In general.  Its really low poly and kinda oddly proportioned.

*For Sofia's coat* Probably the reason it was never made available is because the way it moves is all built into her standing and waiting animations.  No real physics involved, and it would look awful anchored to your character's leg bones.  Getting their belts would be awesome though.  I especially want Zombie's wallet chain.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hunt said:

Thought someone might comment on that... it's Flaws' config - I honestly hate how it looks but it's made the game run better and me perform better.

Flaws config aka I turned everything to low in advanced launcher and called it mine

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hunt said:

but it's made the game run better and me perform better

Reducing stutters and frame drops is the only reason to use a config.

No one likes playing a broken game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

*For Sofia's coat* Probably the reason it was never made available is because the way it moves is all built into her standing and waiting animations.  No real physics involved, and it would look awful anchored to your character's leg bones.  Getting their belts would be awesome though.  I especially want Zombie's wallet chain.

the G1 devs said her coat (the big white feathery one?) would cause so much latency if they actually made it into player clothing.

I just want her boots.

48 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Reducing stutters and frame drops is the only reason to use a config.

No one likes playing a broken game.

Then why play APB at all?  :^)

You know I'm just joking, I just couldn't pass it up.

1 hour ago, illgot said:

the G1 devs said her coat (the big white feathery one?) would cause so much latency if they actually made it into player clothing.

I just want her boots.

It was more because it was a very complex item and wouldn't work at all on a player character.  The jiggly bits you see on it when she turns around are actual hard coded animation, not actual physics since APB doesn't support clothing physics.

What about Akiko with the samurai swords on her back now that's something that would look sweet as.

19 minutes ago, ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™ said:

What about Akiko with the samurai swords on her back now that's something that would look sweet as.

Yeah but if we give the weebs swords, we'll have to give the furries tails!

16 hours ago, Hunt said:

I'm sorry if something similar has been posted recently, but I was wondering what everyone thinks about the addition of these clothing items that the Social contacts have, or anything similar for that matter.

Ko9aEEH.png

It's more the belt items I'm interested in.

yes this was mentioned before but yes its buried and/or on the old forums which are nuked.

so you're safe

and it would also be nice to have trench coats that the npcs wear too

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah but if we give the weebs swords, we'll have to give the furries tails! 

so pull their tails more....

12 hours ago, GhosT said:

Flaws config aka I turned everything to low in advanced launcher and called it mine

AKA I downloaded the launcher myself and had no clue what half the settings were, and ended up using someone else's settings.

What we need is more clothing in general. A windbreaker, camisole, m-65 jacket, etc. There are so many things that could be added to add a lot more depth to player customization that APB could simply toss into an armas pack but don't. To me it really seems like a no brainer. Doesn't seem like too much work either for the profits that could be made.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who thinks adding casual/normal clothing as free content would be more than welcome?

It's been a looooooong time since we got something that isn't armas exclusive.

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

Am I the only one who thinks adding casual/normal clothing as free content would be more than welcome?

That's the point of the new contacts

1 hour ago, SkittyM said:

That's the point of the new contacts

Yay can't wait for some more tacticool stuff.

5 hours ago, GhosT said:

not just you.

APB could use A LOT of new clothing.

customization is just too limited.  I seen Spongebob with a round head and Patrick had no pointy head.

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

Yay can't wait for some more tacticool stuff.

Unsure if serious or not.

Sign in to follow this