KurtKlops

de threating all over the place

This was no fun today. Top notch max Rank guys on enemy Teams and Suicide/TK Platoons in mine. 

First, i simply dont get it. Whats the fun in it? I mean playing all the time against opponents that stand no chance? This is no flaming, i just would like to understand it. Why are people doing it?

Second: Has there ever been a possible solution how the Game could get rid of this?

Third: Is this something LO would like to work on in the future?

to answer your third question at least, this is from the Q&A:

Q: What will you be doing to tackle dethreating, and if so how? And will there be changes to the threat system?
A: This is definitely one of those systems that fall under the “Critical Mechanics” segment earlier. The threat system has to be altered at a minimum, or if necessary, scrapped and started over. There’s just a fundamental flaw at tracking your progress over such a short timeframe. To be able to bring your threat down quickly should not happen, and should take much much longer. We see this as an exploit in some ways, if it is an exploit it should be dealt with. If there’s an exploit then it should be on us to fix it. Shame on us for leaving the exploit in for so long, that it has a name and people can look it up.    

• Thanks 1

Here are the standard defenses for dethreating:

1) I only do it because Silver district is full of hackers.

2) I only do it because Silver district is full of tryhards.

3) I only do it because I shouldn't be Gold (as if it's any sort of bar anymore)

4) I have loads of Bronze friends I wanna play with

5) I only use the account I dethreat on when I'm high / drunk

I'm sure someone will be along to parade them out shortly. Imo, whilst some of them may be factually accurate as standalone statements, they're all just ultimately excuses. People just wanna stomp on players who are so inept that they barely qualify as mammals.

As for policing it, it's down to whether or not it's possible for Little Orbit to extract someone's threat history, and see a repeated pattern of massive threat drops followed by gradual rebuilds and then act on it. Another option is for LO to make a judgement call that someone can't legitimately be R255 and still Green without dethreating and have their GMs manaually sanction such players when they see them. (Although that wouldn't pick up the more rampant "dethreat to barely inside Silver and then hop on Bronze district" problem). In terms of sending in meaningful evidence, you'd probably have to record multiple missions with the same dethreater.

Of course, that would just paper over the fact that threat is kinda broken. It doesn't excuse dethreating for one second, but atm, threat as a mechanic in APB is in exactly the wrong place for everyone. It's not detailed enough for it to matter to people interested in it for prestige. Visually, as a Gold, I have the same threat outwardly displayed as the best players in the game. But behind the scenes, the numbers are different. (And the skill level is definitely different.) So there's no bragging rights to be gained by having high threat, since they'll just appear the same as someone who is barely Gold. But at the same time threat is detailed enough that people can track themselves tanking down to the same threat as the average carrot so they can exploit its function as a matchmaking mechanic.

They're going to do something with it as per the Q&A, just no word on what yet. Ultimately, if threat is to continue to exist and be a matchmaking mechanic in APB, I think it needs to be hidden. Or least a system whereby you can only see your own threat (and not that of other players, or the district) implemented.

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mostly stabba in bronze, solo stabba is no fun thus it kinda balances itself out.

If the need for DT was ever fixed maybe that would solve most the issue. Just punishing people for DTing does nothing but crap on an already abused player base.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

While I disagree with you, I dont think Matt plans to just punish you guys.

Hopefully a revamping of the threat system will go most of the way to fixing the problem.

Not me, i suck too much to need to DT. Just that you don't see a lot of people doing the same in other games.

Edited by SelttikS

2 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

If the need for DT was ever fixed maybe that would solve most the issue. Just punishing people for DTing does nothing but crap on an already abused player base.

While I disagree with you, I dont think Matt plans to just punish you guys.

Hopefully a revamping of the threat system will go most of the way to fixing the problem.

Edited by CookiePuss

Most of the people doing this becouse they want to enjoy the game and not do their best / tryhard to not die every 10 seconds trying to win mission. I never was in this kind of group of players, im my self very hmm... Not even tryhard, i would call it diehard... Basicly im one of those who would kill them selves after losing match without getting every kill / objective done. But tbh from biggest part i definitely understand why people are de-threating (de**). Its becouse like i mentioned earlier. They dont want to stress from the game and want to play it with positive energy and chill mood but (and thats why they are de**) they cant do that becouse of us, prople like me so when it sometimes happends for them that they rankup to Gold, they try to go to Silver districts but after few missions they are in bad mood becouse of getting killed so many times and that, that they need to do their best to atleast do one objective etc..., and thats not fun for them. So than the de** comes in place so they just troll the mission to get Silver so they can go back play to bronz districts and enjoy the game again. And this is the point of it... Threat becomes a kinda bigger problem over the years but all the time people were ok with it... Also threat had big inpact on many people started chteating in the game becouse when they went to silver district they wanted to be like all these tryhards but couldnt do that becouse it takes some time to get to point when you can really say "im pro/skilled in this game". So cheats becomes first idea and than closeting and pretending their skill masively inproved overnight.

I think that threat is thing that needs to be looked after to find best suiting ranking system for this game.

• Thanks 1

I would say the players that dethreat are not being honest with themselves, instead of wanting to be better they choose to farm weaker opponents.

This is the true definition of being negative.

It also seems like a lot of players are weak minded, no self motivation or confidence to go out losing. To lose a game is not what makes you a failure, not wanting to improve and get better makes you a failure. The true definition of being a failure.

Words from the wise: Don't look to be someone you are not. Be what you are knowing that everyday you have the opportunity to work towards being better than before.

Edited by ElectroStingz

Yet another thread about dethreaters. Just because someone can easily crap all over YOU doesn't mean they are dethreating. Also just killing yourself/suiciding/afk'ing does NOT cause you to drop threat.

You still actually need to get points in order to dethreat.

other people maybe dethreating because they dont want to face cheaters but mostly they dethreating because they want to use thier cheats against newbie who dont cheats in bronze district and it is worst APB nightmare

dethreating is just another type of cheatings

my self playing enforcer  take 15 day to max rank and much faster on my crim that im leveling later it take only 13 day to 255
and how to do this. it all about dethreating

when offensive mission take like 5 - 10 stage and each stage like 5 - 10 minute to finish and spot always shit
player like me can skip it just get some kill for standing point / lose in 1 stage - save pretty much time

dothis over and over there will be no more challenge opposite 

and when i got into defensive mission this is where i must WIN and if i can win in 1 stage = i spend just 5 minute

shit g1 matchmaking ? no problem anymore
cheaters aimbot opposite? no problem anymore i am 255 but they go back to R9 forever
random teammate are trolling ? no problem anymore cause i am the great troll not them
cheaters on my side? they will face worst APB nightmare just like when they using cheats on innocent player 

Edited by Janelle The Real MVP

9 hours ago, LuzExtinguido said:

More exploiting over here. Yeah keep disliking, while you want this game dead, i want it the other way.

How shameless.

Yes, anything you dont like and doesnt suit to your taste is bad and people who post them are cancerous.

Edited by Thelnformer

It was not the smartest thing from me to make this therad. This certainly is a sensitive thing and id like to thank you guys for keeping it pretty clean and giving out some thoughts. It was a frustrating day in San Paro and i had to talk about it. 

@TheAceNinja  I know de threating when i see it. 

But as the post above shows, this wont steay clean much longer. To me de threating is close to cheating but we wont solve it here and we wont change people. I hope LO will find a way to fix the Threat System but that wont be easy. 

Please lock this thread.

i kinda want them to lock golds in gold districts only again...there are too many golds around to not have enough to fill a waterfront & a financial at the same time now

4 hours ago, Thelnformer said:

Yes, anything you dont like and doesnt suit to your taste is bad and people who post them are cancerous.

If you like to cheat and win a lot of money (or just ramraiding), then buy something to your main acc with no taxes... of course you like it hm? Sad you dont have your free premium codes to abuse it even further, good times.

Probably will have a thread soon saying how we dont have enough free codes for "new" players and make it complete. Good tactic guys, good tactic.

Please dislike this comment so it seems like its just bad talk and you will be able to exploit the game ;D

You know LO is new and dont understand things, just keep spaming bs and maybe one pass through.

EDIT: wouldnt it be amazing to have free jmb? A few events more so you can multiacc until you win something and sell it to your acc? Yeah it would be awesome!!! We dont have events anymore *sadface*

How anyone would dislike that??? RIGHT? You are pretty smartboi.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

20 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

If you like to cheat and win a lot of money (or just ramraiding), then buy something to your main acc with no taxes... of course you like it hm? Sad you dont have your free premium codes to abuse it even further, good times.

Probably will have a thread soon saying how we dont have enough free codes for "new" players and make it complete. Good tactic guys, good tactic.

Please dislike this comment so it seems like its just bad talk and you will be able to exploit the game ;D

You know LO is new and dont understand things, just keep spaming bs and maybe one pass through.

EDIT: wouldnt it be amazing to have free jmb? A few events more so you can multiacc until you win something and sell it to your acc? Yeah it would be awesome!!! We dont have events anymore *sadface*

T7OKDkp.gif

Its gonna be ok bro. I promise.

1 hour ago, LuzExtinguido said:

What you said wouldave been 100% true, if all of us were exact copies of you.

Fortunately for us and APBR, we are not like you 🙂

y8Ea8jB.gif

Enjoy and have fun. 🙂 

(Im getting a slight vibes of OLD RED BIRD from you)

Edited by Thelnformer

17 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

What you said wouldave been 100% true, if all of us were exact copies of you.

Fortunately for us and APBR, we are not like you 🙂

y8Ea8jB.gif

Enjoy and have fun. 🙂 

(Im getting a slight vibes of OLD RED BIRD from you)

Falsely* accusing me wont help you on your argument neither dismiss mine.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

sometimes is not intentional, i had the weird lucky of winning 5 or 6 missions, then i just lose one, obviously with so bad score but not intentional they was totally better than me and my team, and i become silver, is weird  

4 hours ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Falsely* accusing me wont help you on your argument neither dismiss mine.

What exactly did i accuse you of? 

18 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

What exactly did i accuse you of? 

You are one of those people who doesnt even have the minimum IQ required to be ACCUSED...

That i exploit, why are you playing the dummy now?

If you are trying to troll thats just cheap and not funny, it makes you look worst.

Just now, LuzExtinguido said:

That i exploit, why are you playing the dummy now?

If you are trying to troll thats just cheap and not funny, it makes you look worst.

LOL NO.... i didnt say you exploited..

I was simply referring to the fact that if entire APBR community was stupid n toxic like YOU, then whatever you stated wouldave been true

18 hours ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Yeah keep disliking

Oooh the irony. You just disliked my comment and replied after ~30seconds ..

You a complete fake-O !

🙂

2 hours ago, sundere said:

sometimes is not intentional, i had the weird lucky of winning 5 or 6 missions, then i just lose one, obviously with so bad score but not intentional they was totally better than me and my team, and i become silver, is weird  

well score works in relation tot he others, so winning is not the main part, makign score is, if you score close to a silver you will hardly raise if any at all, you could evenget downranked.