Sign in to follow this  
FNEETC

Xbox One Server Population

Hello there!

So, I'm an Xbox One user already for few years, but I'v been playing APB since RTW times and APB is one of the most favorite games of mine. But for gaming I choose Xbox simply because I'm more comfortable with it and for work I'm using laptop, ofc I cannot play APB on a laptop. Since APB launched on Xbox I'm following all the news etc, BUT the population is very very poor. Like, almost every day I'm joining the district, financial, there max 15 players, 11 of them are criminals ofc and 4 of them are enforcers. Well, unplayable if you ask me. 

My question is, if there is any solution to that? Like, maybe I didn't understood right, but does your future plans are merging PC and Console players in one session/server? If not, then I don't understand, is this even profitable to hold/upgrade the console version of the game since the population is very poor? 

Thank you!

Best regards,

FNEETC. 

Edited by (Xbox)SameFoneeticw

game should never have been ported. We would have upgrade by now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Seedy said:

exactly..PS 4 future is also in doubt because PS 5 must be out soon.Thats G1 mistake just like RTW.The fkn consoles..so many wasted years cause of that.And no even if LO fix servers,add content etc pop not gonna increase much specially on xbox-is dead there

Edited by TheMessiah

It would be very hard to play against PC players in one server, but in my opinion, merging console players with PC players in one server is the only way to make console users enjoy this game, otherwise, it's just unplayable.  

It would be very hard for me, and I mean seriously very hard, to not play this game anymore, because of my love against APB. 

Would very appreciate the answer from the team about the plans for console players. 

Edited by (Xbox)SameFoneeticw

18 minutes ago, Seedy said:

They needed money.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Seedy said:

More likely without the money from the port, APB would have shut down well before LO came along.

28 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

More likely without the money from the port, APB would have shut down well before LO came along.

i think the man hours put in to it and pay for the people who done it will amount to more than the money they have made from the ports.

Just now, Seedy said:

i think the man hours put in to it and pay for the people who done it will amount to more than the money they have made from the ports.

Regardless. G1 agreed to the ports because they were out of money.

My point wasn't that it was profitable, but rather it kept the game alive long enough to be purchased by LO.

i think cross platform play is up to sony/microsoft to decide on

additionally we’ve been told that g1 sold the console publishing rights to deep silver, so thats another hand in the mix 

• Thanks 1

I find it terrifying people want to combine playerbases against PC.

The only games that make sense are tab targeting games.

Games that require legitimate aim assist and the like will be horror for console players. PC players would eliminate them and make them avoid PC players.

2 minutes ago, Alani said:

Games that require legitimate aim assist and the like will be horror for console players. PC players would eliminate them and make them avoid PC players.

Not all controller players are bad contrary to popular belief.

I heard the guy who took 2nd place in the Fortnite World Cup for solo bracket was a controller player. And he made what, 1.8 million dollars or so in the process over literal millions of mouse/keyboard players to qualify for the tournament before stomping almost everyone in it.

Also in fighting game tournaments for games like Street Fighter V and Mortal Kombat while most players use fight sticks to simulate arcade gameplay, there are many top tier players who still use controllers like Punk, Snake Eyez and most importantly SonicFox who has won at Evo (the super bowl of fighting games held at Vegas) for at least one game a year for the last like 4-5 years in a row making him the all around winningest fighting game player of all-time already I'm pretty sure.

22 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

Not all controller players are bad contrary to popular belief.

I heard the guy who took 2nd place in the Fortnite World Cup for solo bracket was a controller player. And he made what, 1.8 million dollars or so in the process over literal millions of mouse/keyboard players to qualify for the tournament before stomping almost everyone in it.

Also in fighting game tournaments for games like Street Fighter V and Mortal Kombat while most players use fight sticks to simulate arcade gameplay, there are many top tier players who still use controllers like Punk, Snake Eyez and most importantly SonicFox who has won at Evo (the super bowl of fighting games held at Vegas) for at least one game a year for the last like 4-5 years in a row making him the all around winningest fighting game player of all-time already I'm pretty sure.

fortnite doesn't let you choose your loadouts.

Fighting games don't require much so long you know what keys or buttons to press.

I'm making my point on shooting games, and games that require you to use your mouse to target players. PC players (who aren't shit tier) will win over those using controllers in a majority of the time.

38 minutes ago, Alani said:

fortnite doesn't let you choose your loadouts.

Fighting games don't require much so long you know what keys or buttons to press.

I'm making my point on shooting games, and games that require you to use your mouse to target players. PC players (who aren't shit tier) will win over those using controllers in a majority of the time.

Huh??  Are you for real????

What you just said is so absurdly incorrect it literally looks like you're just dismissing it blindly just because I disagreed with you. If you looked into the FGC before judging it saying they require no skill, you would almost immediately see that you're not even 1% correct on this issue. Fighting games are difficult especially at the top tier in the world. Single frame attacks/reaction times is something most people in the world aren't able to do. They literally take hundreds if not thousands of hours of practice to do, because you need to know every single character in the game on a frame by frame basis. There are no shooting games that require this level of detailed knowledge. Hitting pixel shots in a shooting game requires immense skill. Frame by frame knowledge of 15+ characters at any given time in a fighting game is on some whole other level of skill.

With all due respect if you're telling me that took no skill, you're lying to yourself. Cmon man. And for the record, no one in a FG tournament has EVER pulled that same feat off other than this one time because parrying that many attacks in a row is virtually impossible to pull off unless you're a god in Street Fighter, which Diago Umehara without question is.

Furthermore, last I checked, Fortnite is a third person shooter game just like APB. Hate on it all you want, there's pro players in that game who have already made hundreds of thousands of dollars successfully using controllers and/or phones to play the game. In fact in the World Cup for it a few weekends ago in the Duos Bracket there were 2 teams that placed top 15 including the team who took 2nd place. There were also a handful of players who practiced almost solely on their phones/consoles and used scuff/xbox elite controllers at the actual tournament and they annihilated keyboard/mouse players. And it was a PC Lan event, so they had to use a medium that they weren't even accustomed to and they still beat everybody up.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/07/28/player-takes-second-place-in-fortnites-world-cup-duos-using-a-controller  - He won 2.25 MILLION dollars. That's not exactly a small payout.

And let's not even talk about Gears of War players who pull off the impossible with scuff controllers on a regular basis and have been doing so since Gears 1 and are still doing it today.

So again, dismissing my response just because you disagree even though you clearly don't know any of the facts behind it, isn't enough. Cmon sir, you're waaaaaaaaaaaay smarter than that.

I'm sorry if I've offended you. I'm not here to argue with ya, but cmon man. Cmon.

Edited by Ohshii

1 hour ago, Alani said:

That's probably true, but cmon, joining session everyday with max 10 players on financial, 8 of them criminals, 2 of them newbie enforcers that don't even know how to ready up and play the mission... I don't even want to talk about waterfront - always empty, fight club instances also empty... what xbox players should do? Like, it's literally unplayable because of empty servers. 

11 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

!!

My point has nothing to do with fighting games at all. I'm specifically referring to games where you use weapons to shoot and kill, and PC users having the ability to adjust their sensitivity to their mice.

You getting riled up because I dismissed your fighting game thing is dumb. You don't need a pan the screen or aim with majority of fighting games, unless it's a game relying on actions and more of a third person type.

blah blah training, and shit yeah. Competitions are competitions. I have a job. I'm not going to spend 6 months practicing with my controller on a game to compete anywhere.

There is a difference between people who play the game to play, and those who make a career out of it. Unless you're showing cleavage 99% of the time, people whose sole income relies on games, of course they will play all the time and practice etc etc.

Using the whole 'people practice X and get good' is you trying to defend the idea people can win against PC players using controllers. It does not even relate to the main issue which with APB, will become a huge issue if the company made an idea to mix both the console and PC player bases. It may appease those who believe they want the extra population, but instead it will simply turn people off from playing APB. Especially when 30% of the current player base on Jericho will do what they can to win a mission. Be that crutching on the only weapon they're good at or using underhanded methods to win the match.

Man, too many assumptions sir. 😞 Who said I was riled up or even remotely angry? 😕

All I was doing was stating that not all controller players in multiple gaming mediums aren't as bad as everyone says they are. Again you're dismissing me because of your personal feelings/experiences and not the actual truth of the matter.  What about all the worlds best Halo players, Gears players and multiple other shooting games that are played on consoles? To be a world class shooting gamer using a controller on a console requires thousands if not millions of other players using controllers as well. In order to be #1 ya gotta have a #2, etc. There are literally thousands and thousands of amazing controller players out there who play shooting games exceptionally well and you know I'm right.

My statements are based around actual truths that you and anyone else can go look up for yourselves. 0 personal opinions, 100% facts that can be researched and seen by anybody who has access to the internet. However, you claiming all controller players are 100% dead in the water vs all keyboard/mouse players in APB if they were to be merged is a 100% assumption based on your feelings/opinions. On top of that, when you add in the fact that the vast majority of APB players on PC are silvers and bronze players as well, that becomes an even farther reaching blind assumption. My favorite part about this conversation is that I actually agree that console players if merged with PC players in APB would get beat up but my opinion is based around me being a PC elitist. But I'm trying to be subjective here and not use my personal opinion to sway my view on the matter.

Lastly, the 30% statement didn't help either as it's another made up statistic based on personal feelings/opinions and cannot be substantiated in literally any shape or form. I have no idea where the 30% value is even made up from.

But I guess.

Edited by Ohshii

k man just ignore me and ramble on with ur '100% facts and logic' mr shapiro

no one claimed anything about how a controller boi will be fucked against a mouse boi 100% of the time

its a simple technical issue that people who can adjust their sensitivity are at an advantage against those who have to use a set sensitivity

fuck dude im not a stupid philosopher or whatever. i play fucking video games in my off time when im not getting fucking bombed on and getting concussions from rockets hitting my trucks

your words just make you look like one of those 'IT MUST BE THIS WAY BECAUSE OF X AND X LOGICAL FACTS THAT ARE OBVIOUSLY REAL AND LEGIT BASED ON X' people who will ignore anything and everything unless its slammed into your head with a metal tray

so continue on shitting out your nonsense and dont come crying on the forums when console players start bitching about how 'PC PLAYERS HAVE ADVANTAGE IT MUST BE HACKS' and other bullshoot

Lol alright man good talk

Edited by Ohshii

On 8/7/2019 at 4:59 PM, Alani said:

Yeah, right, but i think you missed op's point, he didn't say he wants to play against pc players, he said he wants to have people to play against, rather than none at all.

• Like 1

I never understood G1's move to bring APB to consoles. Probably as others say, it was a matter of "staying alive", very sad as a thing.
And now LO gets his hands in the shit. You can only hope for a mega relaunch, but I doubt it very much.

• Like 1

Can only imagine the kind of hell that is APB on a console, lol.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this