Sign in to follow this  
Rico2k

Any plans on bringing old login screen back?

I mean, I know it won't happen, but along with new engine, me, and hopefully dozens of APB players would really like to see old main menu/login screen come back with the old "glitchy" soundtrack. It just fits into the game more rather than having big BWAAAAHHH sound right after you enter the game with welcoming image of frozen characters fighting eachother, which looks rather cheap imo

Alongside with engine upgrade

• Like 4

Matt actually said that they're going to try to do this.  It was a question asked in a livestreamed interview between Kempington and Matt.  He said it a few other times a while ago as well and that he likes it more than the current one.

Getting hit with that foghorn every time you launch the game is so grating.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

9 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Matt actually said that they're going to try to do this.  It was a question asked in a livestreamed interview between Kempington and Matt.  He said it a few other times a while ago as well and that he likes it more than the current one.

Getting hit with that foghorn every time you launch the game is so grating.

holy shit!

1 hour ago, Rico2k said:

holy shit!

I know right?  I was really surprised when he said that.  We started a thread on the old forums around the time that LO took over and it got a ton of support.  Matt wasn't even aware of the old login screen when they first took over, so he most likely found out about it because of that thread.  During the interview I think I remember him saying he was listening to it on loop around the office and he said he thinks it matches the feel of the game much better than the current one.  Hasn't said anything about it in quite a while though, so it might be worth reminding them.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 1