Sign in to follow this  
foscor77

atac with or without mods

i have 10k jt and i cant decide if i should get no slot atac which is 4k or the 2 slot atac which is 8k 😞

what do you think is the best choice?

13 minutes ago, darok70 said:

i have 10k jt and i cant decide if i should get no slot atac which is 4k or the 2 slot atac which is 8k 😞

even if using no mods is the best now, you never know what new mods will come out of how the gun may change in the future.

I always suggest buying an open slot weapon versus no slot weapon.

• Like 1

If you want an ATAC, I would say 2 slot minimum.

You don't really want red mods on the ATAC, so I'd say hunting sight  and mob sling would suffice. 

• Like 1

might as well get as many slots as you can, never know what balance changes will happen in the future 

• Like 1

mobility sling is really good on it, wouldn't wanna miss out on it - i'd get slotted

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If you want an ATAC, I would say 2 slot minimum.

You don't really want red mods on the ATAC, so I'd say hunting sight  and mob sling would suffice. 

why u keep saying that about red mods? IR3 is a very good mod on atac. +7m is a lot.

atac without IR3 would be good for abington or cqc places in financial, but outside that IR3 is a must.

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

why u keep saying that about red mods? IR3 is a very good mod on atac. +7m is a lot.

mods that affect max bloom have a larger effect on weapons that hit max bloom after one shot, and the atac is barely accurate enough for 50m+ engagements anyway

1 hour ago, Uhtdred said:

Even without IR3 the base accuracy + bloom makes the ATAC inefficient at best as 50m. The extra bloom IR3 adds worsens that problem so at 40m it becomes inefficient, and by 57m you are missing most of your shots. 

Not to say you can't use it, go with whatever works for you. Just know that it is likely doing more harm than good.

CJ3 has the same bloom issue, but at least it makes the gun more viable up to 30-35m. 

If you have 3 slots, HB1 is an option as stk isn't increased until HB2. Though I personally wouldn't prioritize it over HS3 and Mob Sling. 

Edited by CookiePuss

8 hours ago, killersan6 said:

N-TEC-5 is a best choice, dont waste your JT.

Why would you waste your JT on a gun you can buy from contacts?

18 hours ago, darok70 said:

N-TEC 5 is the superior option in terms of Assault Rifles. But if you really want an ATAC then definitely pick the 2 slot one and give it Hunting Sight 3 and Improved Rifling 3.

why is everyone forgetting blue mods exist. Simply use hunting sight, bando/em, and mobility sling/3ps

On 8/6/2019 at 9:42 PM, Flaws said:

N-TEC 5 is the superior option in terms of Assault Rifles. But if you really want an ATAC then definitely pick the 2 slot one and give it Hunting Sight 3 and Improved Rifling 3.

Red mods ruin the gun

4 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

why is everyone forgetting blue mods exist. Simply use hunting sight, bando/em, and mobility sling/3ps

Because you're suggesting 3 mods when he said no slots or 2 slots. If you have two slots then HS3 and MS is the optimal loadout.

On 8/9/2019 at 2:55 AM, LaQuandra said:

Red mods ruin the gun

Because you're suggesting 3 mods when he said no slots or 2 slots. If you have two slots then HS3 and MS is the optimal loadout.

forgot the op suggested 2 mods. I read cookiepuss's post and it was kinda a response to that. For OP, i'd say the 2 slot would be fine, but 4k 0 slot can work just fine if you don't feel like waiting. If you do 2 slot, you can use a yellow mod, but its not needed as it can ruin the accuracy for out of marksman etc, so i'd say go blue and purple. HS is fine but it makes you use marksman almost every encounter in cqc which can be rough.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Sign in to follow this