Khakis

What do you miss the most about earlier times within APB?

10 minutes ago, Lammashta said:

Under RTW: The ability to choose whether or not to enter an ongoing mission as opp.

God what I wouldn't give for this feature. Give me a quick summary of the mission's current state so I can enter it with some measure of understanding...

Creme de la Crime - 5/10 with 1:30 remaining
Teammate 1, Teammate 2, Teammate 3
Opponent 1, Opponent 2, Opponent 3, Opponent 4

Very simple UI box that could pop up when the queue pops, with a simple yes/no acceptance like group and friend invites have. If you turn it down, you're simply dropped back to the end of the matchmaking queue to wait for the next mission pop. Easily avoid bad backup calls, bad teammates/opponents, etc.

11 hours ago, Hexerin said:

God what I wouldn't give for this feature.

While I obviously understand the appeal, its hard enough to get backup when you need it as is.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

While I obviously understand the appeal, its hard enough to get backup when you need it as is.

forget backup, a majority of players wouldn’t start a mission unless they were sure they could stomp their opp

say goodbye to playing apb without creating a group/clan for in-house missions

Definitely the old weapon sounds. 

4 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

osmaw jumping.

More like osmaw's leaning outside the window of ya car :^) those were the day's.

24 minutes ago, ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™ said:

More like osmaw's leaning outside the window of ya car :^) those were the day's.

i wasnt there for that

Edited by Noob_Guardian

11 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

i wasnt there for that

RTW things.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

RTW things.

that was a g1 thing

2 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

that was a g1 thing

I mean, I've been here since the second week of CBT, and that was never a thing. So maybe it was a thing during that first week, but at that point my statement still basically stands.

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I mean, I've been here since the second week of CBT, and that was never a thing. So maybe it was a thing during that first week, but at that point my statement still basically stands.

i was open beta so yeah xD

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

im pretty sure you couldnt use an osmaw out of vehicle windows in rtw or early g1 otherwise the jump out insta-fire mechanic wouldnt have become popular, but i could be wrong as i didnt play rtw

but there was a decent time frame under g1 where a blowtorch bug allowed the use of heavy weapons from vehicle windows, iirc it was several months

12 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

im pretty sure you couldnt use an osmaw out of vehicle windows in rtw or early g1 otherwise the jump out insta-fire mechanic wouldnt have become popular, but i could be wrong as i didnt play rtw

but there was a decent time frame under g1 where a blowtorch bug allowed the use of heavy weapons from vehicle windows, iirc it was several months

Oh, so you're talking about a bug introduced by Gamersfirst/Reloaded. Then it doesn't surprise me really, I've been on several haituses over the years.

37 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

You mean this fun thing

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

You mean this fun thing

[video]

lmao yep

i remember it getting so bad that g1 threatened to ban people for using it before they finally got around to patching

2 hours ago, Glaciers said:

im pretty sure you couldnt use an osmaw out of vehicle windows in rtw or early g1

I do recall a bug for a while that allowed me to use them or an alig out of the windows if I switched from a secondary to my main.

that may be what they remember.

17 hours ago, Glaciers said:

forget backup, a majority of players wouldn’t start a mission unless they were sure they could stomp their opp

This is why the feature was removed.  It was exploited to the point that RTW eventually said "enough!" and removed it in favor of the ready system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2019 at 7:27 PM, BrandonBranderson said:

They do, but it's FAR less frequent and almost all of the sounds were removed.  You never get the legendary "AOH GAWD" or any of the real screams anymore.  Now the only male sounds left are "oof", "UOGH", or "AGH".  What really sucks is not being able to hear other player's pain/death sounds.  Those were a great source of comedy.

Male still says "OH GOD" and i'm pretty sure litteraly nothing changed in that kind from OBT when I started to play.

2 hours ago, Mitne said:

Male still says "OH GOD" and i'm pretty sure litteraly nothing changed in that kind from OBT when I started to play.

There were a few different "oh god"s back in the day.  The way males say it now is more like "uuugh gahd", back then they also had ones where he was actually screaming it.  One of them was a really quick abrupt one that sounds like he was taken by surprise.  A lot of other screams have been removed too.  Some of them sounded really painful, and not just for the character but the voice actor's throat too.  All of the male sounds we have now are sounds you would make if you stub your toe.  It's definitely a lot different now.

Edited by BrandonBranderson