Khakis

What do you miss the most about earlier times within APB?

Just now, Glaciers said:

nothing wrong with playing competitive imo plus people will always scum it up for the ego boost scoreboards regardless of visual threat

i think its more important to give players a concrete goal to work for skill wise whether it be leaderboards, threat levels, even something only visible to themselves

I personally would love to see who would top a leaderboard. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

I personally would love to see who would top a leaderboard. 

same and i'd also love to play to try and grab top spot

8 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

Also, because I just went on a minor tour through old APB stuff, it seems like players made sounds when getting hit, way back in the day. They should bring this back.

Aaaah my god I miss this so much! You can hear it here too once the car bounces off the Mikro.

Seeing the video you linked also reminded me of the old Vegas engine sounds.  They were so much better than the current ones.  Here's how it used to sound

(sorry staxus)

Edited by BrandonBranderson

The old spawn system the game was designed around.  I know you could force push the spawns, but god the way they have been since the change has made Attack missions in Waterfront and any open spot in Financial pure hell.  Just wiped the whole team?  Don't worry their tank just respawned them all 5 feet away.  Blew up the tank?  No worries, they just respawned 60 meters away in view on both sides of the objective.

I miss when people got out of their tanks for combat.  Pre HP buff, pre car spawner, pre high burn, and pre blow torch.  Concs and rockets could actually blow up tanks, well back then they were cars. And when you blew them up they actually exploded killing people near them instead of going up in a poof of smoke and becoming super armor.

I miss that dumb mission where you had to drive away and like earn points from not hitting stuff or getting shot at.  Made cars like the Mikro and Jeep feel useful for missions.  I know it was broken but it was something different!  Game has been out for what 10 years?  No new missions added ever (just modified).  Just new modes that fracture a player base that already can't fill a district in NA. 

And finally I miss the game before the new 195 mods and consumables were added.  They just made the game less dynamic.  Nade spam became the norm and repairing and riding on your tank for item holds was the go to.  They made and make it nearly impossible for new players to stick around because the game play is nearly impossible for new players to counter (it's really difficult for experienced players on new characters to deal with).  Anti vehicle weapons do a laughable amount of hard damage that even the low HP cars can actually eat a lot.  The tanks just laugh it off even before needing to blow torch it.

TL:DR: I miss the days before tanks.

Edited by Mercuie
forgot the horribleness of high burn

Miss the times back in 2011, when the game was okay populated and it didn't seem like there was many cheaters.

Sadly it's just because the cheaters are the ones who stick to this game, especially after the unban...

1. Old spawn system.
  2. when the game had actually over 4000 players online daily even more.
  3. When FC entered and given us actual rewards such as cars and so on.
  4. When we could bug out of the map and no borders were killed us.
  5. The sky stunt with the VAN and two trucks.
  6. When weapons were actually a thing and the game wasn't flooded by ARMAS weapons.
  7. When there was good players whom you thought they were good but they eventually got banned when the first anti-cheat came in.

Shall I keep?

I miss the times when world events (ram raiding, mugging, boosting cars) was part of the main game. When crims were excellent drivers and practiced escape routes. When enforcers patrolled the streets to witness criminal activity and read the map to set up forward road blocks to stop crims from escaping. When the game had a distinct cops vs robbers feeling. Gone in 60 seconds. Fast n the furious.

I also miss when you could buy premium time (or action district time as it was called) for in-game APB$. When there was no customization limits even if you didn't have premium (or action district) time.

Today this game is mostly just a shooter on an old engine.... 😕

Edit: And i honestly don't think many of the newer mods - such as car surfing with rocket launchers or remote detonator spam - actually added to the game. They made the game worse (and also made a big unnecessary gap between people that had them and people that not yet had them)

Edited by Bishada8800

i miss winning games not because the playerbase is dead, but because i wasnt lagging

2 hours ago, Signarly said:

Maaan in my year and change in Ac3s, we never did anything like this haha rip. You posted this in 2014, I left ac3s in 2012 ripppp

4 hours ago, Kingdom said:

Miss the times back in 2011, when the game was okay populated and it didn't seem like there was many cheaters.

Sadly it's just because the cheaters are the ones who stick to this game, especially after the unban...

i think you’ve got your dates mixed up lol

Mostly I miss on APB is meeting new cool Players on a mission and then group together and have the whole day fun playing in the District.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

i think you’ve got your dates mixed up lol

Not at all, what i mean is. That back then you could play for days maybe, without playing against a cheater. Today you most likely will encounter at least 1 cheater a day. The worst thing is, it's most likely the same cheater you met yesterday or a few days ago, because the anti-cheat system is so garbage to tell the truth, that they just can keep on playing...

19 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

Also, because I just went on a minor tour through old APB stuff, it seems like players made sounds when getting hit, way back in the day. They should bring this back.

They do to this day. Try being shot or dropping from height.

I miss when the game was alive, having ppl to play with in your clan all the time. Those were fun times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitne said:

They do, but it's FAR less frequent and almost all of the sounds were removed.  You never get the legendary "AOH GAWD" or any of the real screams anymore.  Now the only male sounds left are "oof", "UOGH", or "AGH".  What really sucks is not being able to hear other player's pain/death sounds.  Those were a great source of comedy.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

4 hours ago, Mitne said:

I actually try to avoid these things. 😉

But that's only my avatar doing it, not others.

When not everyone was a fucking sweatlord trying everything possible to win.

Also, I miss my Sentinel. Had a 0 Slot Sentinel with a shitty blue paint job. Loved it. 

Still waiting for the 4 Slot Sentinel.

#Hope. 

Merged.

11 hours ago, Ohshii said:

Maaan in my year and change in Ac3s, we never did anything like this haha rip. You posted this in 2014, I left ac3s in 2012 ripppp

#AC3GANG #MUMBLEDAYZ

On 8/6/2019 at 2:09 PM, Glaciers said:

personally glad they got rid of this tbh,

Honestly, I wish Little Orbit would bring it back as an option the player can choose to toggle on/off at their own discretion. I enjoy these kinds of things, they add more flavor to the gameplay.

Under RTW: The ability to choose whether or not to enter an ongoing mission as opp.

Under G1: Impromptu dance parties in Social.

1 minute ago, Lammashta said:

Under G1: Impromptu dance parties in Social.

Social was everything to me back then. An actual place to take a break, laugh and meet new people. Now its a ghost town and I just get off completely whenever I want to take my "break."